• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People in Thailand are participating in mock funerals to prepare for any calamity in wake of the pandemic.

Several people are turning to temples in Bangkok and other cities to practice for their funeral ahead of their deaths. They would visit temples and hold a clutch of flowers. Then, as per the instructions of the priests, they lie down in caskets and sheets will be placed above them. The Wat Bangna Nai temple in the Thai capital, in fact, draws more than 100 people a day who choose to perform the ceremony there. The people who attend are assisted by monks through the rituals.

Participants believe that by performing the mock funeral, they can improve their future life and begin afresh in the wake of the pandemic. Some consider it to be a holy act of cleansing after which a person is reborn.

More at:
www.folkspaper.com

Folkspaper - People In Thailand Participating In Mock Funerals To Prepare For Pandemic Damage

People in Thailand are participating in mock funerals to prepare for any calamity in wake of the pandemic. Several people are turning to temples in Bangkok and other cities to practice for their ...

Close if old

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
Weird considering Thailand has had a pretty amazing response to the pandemic.

Edit: Only 77 confirmed deaths in a population of 69 million!

Royce

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Kind of feels like the thread title doesn't match the quotes. Laying there for a moment in silence and viewing it like an act of cleansing to start a fresh chapter in your life makes sense to me. Probably reminds you to be more grateful for being alive. That's pretty far from going there in order to rehearse for your own funeral...

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
They are not practicing for a funeral, they are preforming what is basically a rebirth or cleansing ritual.
Calling it practice for a funeral is insulting as fuck I'd imagine

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of feels like the thread title doesn't match the quotes. Laying there for a moment in silence and viewing it like an act of cleansing to start a fresh chapter in your life makes sense to me. Probably reminds you to be more grateful for being alive. That's pretty far from going there in order to rehearse for your own funeral...
OP did you even read what you posted
Yeah the topic title is nothing like the article.
They are not practicing for a funeral, they are preforming what is basically a rebirth or cleansing ritual.
Calling it practice for a funeral is insulting as fuck I'd imagine

Sorry the sentence "Several people are turning to temples in Bangkok and other cities to practice for their funeral ahead of their deaths" misled me

I'll request that the thread be closed

Status
Not open for further replies.