• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
Been playing SOR since 1991 and still listen to the music fairly often.
After many years (alright, decades...), it's dawned on me that "Beanik" is the most underrated track in the series.
There are also some really solid remixes out there, too, if you're looking for a cleaner injection of FUNK.
Now, I don't study music theory, so perhaps others can chime in to help illustrate or explain why one might arrive at this opinion. (or prove me "wrong") hehe

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely one of the better songs, but I still consider Stage 3 to have the best music in SOR1.

OP
OP
halcali

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
Definitely one of the better songs, but I still consider Stage 3 to have the best music in SOR1.

Moon Beach? Yeah, there's no wrong answer because the SOR1 soundtrack is perfect from start to end.
Personally, I feel Moon Beach is the most incredible and perhaps varied track, and that it's well-appraised.

Since this thread is about the most underrated or underappreciated track, however, I have to go with "Beatnik" <3

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Streets of Rage 1 is probably my favourite just for how good the soundtrack is.
One of the greatest soundtracks in all of gaming.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
I played these 3 games so much growing up that my music taste in my teenage years was definitely subconsciously inspired by the drum loops and bass in SoR1 and 2.

I remember listening to Wu Tang for the first time and it just feeling 'right', before realised that one their songs heavily influences a song in SoR2.

Thanks for sharing this OP. I haven't heard this for a long time but it's ace.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Such a good track. It still blows me away how good the SOR1 soundtrack is all these years later.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if any SOR track is underrated. Lots of people agree that it's amazing stuff.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't sat down and listened to the SoR1 ost in quite a while, and for as much love as SoR2 (rightfully) gets, I had completely forgotten how incredible 1's soundtrack is.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
Forgot to answer this thread.

Love this tune too, I'm glad others appreciate it too. I really like the part where it calms down and the baseline kicks in it's own tune.

SOR1 and 2 soundtracks are amazing, Koshiro really pushed things with the hardware by utilising the Yamaha synth together with the old PSG/SID in the built in Master System hardware in the Genesis/Mega Drive.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
Great track! I mean, it's Streets of Rage... they're all great tracks. Gotta love that swing feel!

Can I assume most people here have seen the "Diggin' in the Carts" Sega episode? If not, go look it up now!