• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok

then which candidate and party of the ones available to us and able to get into office should people vote for
As I said before, electoralism isn't the only way to build a counter hegemony. In fact, it's necessary and probably more important to do other things outside of the systems that currently propagate the current hegemony.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
OP you are right, but you are going to be showered with various waves of "both sides"'ism's and maybe some "Its too late" stuff topped with "Yeah, but it won't fix EVERYTHING so why bother".

The growth of these attitudes is another on the list of side effects you listed in your OP that started growing rapidly in 2016 as well. Just another reason why its so dangerous and needs to be removed ASAP. Because many of these attitudes carry an slight tinge of vote suppression tier "Its all hopeless" nonsense in them, no matter how much the people parroting them deny it.

This mfer has to go. And now.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
If you downplay the importance of this election and preventing a Trump win. You already have a pretty fucked up mindset.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I'm saying that he's made it worse and that the white supremacists are feeling as emboldened as the Jim Crow days, and if as a country we let them win again, we lose another battle and potentially the war

An entire protest movement sprung up during the Obama administration because Black communities were angry at how they were being slaughtered in public. When people like me talk about how Trump is actually not an aberration in the context of America's history of white supremacy, the idea of him actually not moving the needle much in terms of public atrocities is part of that.

Yes, with the way that disease is spreading especially through the southern states there's no question about it -- there's a genocide on and it's being enabled by a collective inaction. But there was a genocide on before that, and even without the virus there would still be the threat of genocide.

The biggest difference between, say, Ahmad Arbery and Mike Brown is that Arbery's murderers weren't coached by a police academy to let them know just how easily they'd get away with it. EDIT: No, this is wrong. One of the guys in that car was a retired officer.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling and driving a derail across multiple posts and threads, history of antagonizing
OP you are right, but you are going to be showered with various waves of "both sides"'ism's and maybe some "Its too late" stuff topped with "Yeah, but it won't fix EVERYTHING so why bother".

The growth of these attitudes is another on the list of side effects you listed in your OP that started growing rapidly in 2016 as well. Just another reason why its so dangerous and needs to be removed ASAP. Because many of these attitudes carry an slight tinge of vote suppression tier "Its all hopeless" nonsense in them, no matter how much the people parroting them deny it.

This mfer has to go. And now.
Trump isn't even a worse president than fucking Bush, the guy is a straight up dumbass and buffoon but a least we aren't starting wars. Stop acting like trump is some incredibly scary and terrifying thing because you barely had to start paying attention to anything political because a cheeto is in the white house.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Trump isn't even a worse president than fucking Bush, the guy is a straight up dumbass and buffoon but a least we aren't starting wars. Stop acting like trump is some incredibly scary and terrifying thing because you barely had to start paying attention to anything political because a cheeto is in the white house.
Trump is orders of magnitude worse than Bush.

OP
OP
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
An entire protest movement sprung up during the Obama administration because Black communities were angry at how they were being slaughtered in public. When people like me talk about how Trump is actually not an aberration in the context of America's history of white supremacy, the idea of him actually not moving the needle much in terms of public atrocities is part of that.

Yes, with the way that disease is spreading especially through the southern states there's no question about it -- there's a genocide on and it's being enabled by a collective inaction. But there was a genocide on before that, and even without the virus there would still be the threat of genocide.

The biggest difference between, say, Ahmad Arbery and Mike Brown is that Arbery's murderers weren't coached by a police academy to let them know just how easily they'd get away with it. EDIT: No, this is wrong. One of the guys in that car was a retired officer.
And which president and party is most likely to appoint judges and attorneys to handle these cases in the proper way

OP
OP
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
The war is inside the country, it is a culture war
It's what this threads about

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The war is inside the country, it is a culture war
It's what this threads about
A culture war is not representative of a single president but an entire structure, no single person is responsible for the actions of the republican party for the last few decades. Getting Trump out of office literally does nothing to solve the problem of rising fascism or capitals control on the government.

OP
OP
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
A culture war is not representative of a single president but an entire structure, no single person is responsible for the actions of the republican party for the last few decades. Getting Trump out of office literally does nothing to solve the problem of rising fascism or capitals control on the government.
It does nothing?
Lmao

This single president hasn't EMBOLDENED the racists. If you don't see that you're blind or privileged or not even in this country

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It does nothing?
Lmao

This single president hasn't EMBOLDENED the racists. If you don't see that you're blind or privileged or not even in this country
I'd say years of propaganda and pointing fingers at minorities from establishment republicans has probably done a LOT more to rationalize racism for many people in this country. One guy saying some stupid shit isn't indicative of a change in culture, he just signified these things have already changed. Do you honestly think Trump was the first person to blame black and brown people for the problems in America? Because thats incredibly naive or coming from a significantly white POV.

OP
OP
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I'd say years of propaganda and pointing fingers at minorities from establishment republicans has probably done a LOT more to rationalize racism for many people in this country. One guy saying some stupid shit isn't indicative of a change in culture, he just signified these things have already changed. Do you honestly think Trump was the first person to blame black and brown people for the problems in America? Because thats incredibly naive or coming from a significantly white POV.
Where in the hell did i say this started with trump

Im saying he's made it worse and if he wins again that would be a HUGE blow to minorities

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Trump is orders of magnitude worse than Bush.

I just laughed my lungs out at that post.

Yeah, let me go stop acting like Trump is some scary and terrifying thing as the POTUS says theirs "good people on both sides" when Nazis march. Or makes the usual excuses when someone with my skin tone catches a modern day lynching from 2 racists in a truck with shotguns during a 'citizens arrest'.

Yeah, let me go stop pretending this man is terrifying.

Thanks for your significant POV Quzar, But Im good without it chief.

I said what I said.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Where in the hell did i say this started with trump

Im saying he's made it worse and if he wins again that would be a HUGE blow to minorities
Then you have to admit Trump is not at all a significant part of this, as an actionable president he hasn't been nearly as awful as others. He has not made it worse, it was always this way. You just seemed to notice in 2016 for some reason. Minorities already have been taking hits before then lol.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The corrosion of institutions is miles beyond anything Bush could dream to accomplish. It is the buffonery combined with the brazen disregard for law that is so dangerous. The very concept of decency has been put into question and that is something that is fundamental. We talk abotu the choice between Biden and Trump, the answer to why we are here is in the white house as we speak.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just laughed my lungs out at that post.

Yeah, let me go stop acting like Trump is some scary and terrifying thing as the POTUS says theirs "good people on both sides" when Nazis march. Or makes the usual excuses when someone with my skin tone catches a modern day lynching from 2 racists in a truck with shotguns during a 'citizens arrest'.

Yeah, let me go stop pretending this man is terrifying.

Thanks for your significant POV Quzar, But Im good without it chief.

I said what I said.
Big surprise here buddy, most presidents are fine with that shit too. Shits been happening for decades and just because someone posted it on twitter doesn't mean its more real now.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking christ.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Big surprise here buddy, most presidents are fine with that shit too. Shits been happening for decades and just because someone posted it on twitter doesn't mean its more real now.
Actually it does mean its more real now. Social media has changed the game and the way this president weaponizes it should be compared to a hefty body count.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The corrosion of institutions is miles beyond anything Bush could dream to accomplish. It is the buffonery combined with the brazen disregard for law that is so dangerous. The very concept of decency has been put into question and that is something that is fundamental. We talk abotu the choice between Biden and Trump, the answer to why we are here is in the white house as we speak.
You mean the man that literally cratered our education system into the ground is worse than the guy that did nothing? Decency has been in question since Bush started the Iraq war. The man in the office rn is a complete moron sure, but hes orders of magnitudes less evil than a fucking guy that killed innocent children and women in a war.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus fucking christ.

Yes this shit is infuriating Im trying to take a moment to breathe before I lose my shit on some guy trying to tell me about how naive I am on some shit I have to live, and he only sees on fucking television.. And rudely at that.

Ill see if I can cobble together something resembling a worthwhile reply if I have it in me to have this discussion, YET AGAIN with someone so certain that they have this whole thing figured out.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes this shit is infuriating Im trying to take a moment to breathe before I lose my shit on some guy trying to tell me about how naive I am on some shit I have to live, and he only sees on fucking television.. And rudely at that.

Ill see if I can cobble together something resembling a worthwhile reply if I have it in me to have this discussion, YET AGAIN with someone so certain that they have this whole thing figured out.
Do you think I'm white? Lmao

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
You mean the man that literally cratered our education system into the ground is worse than the guy that did nothing? Decency has been in question since Bush started the Iraq war. The man in the office rn is a complete moron sure, but hes orders of magnitudes less evil than a fucking guy that killed innocent children and women in a war.
The overt cultism regularizing Trump , his followers, and the methods of which they have been allowed to propagate is mor elong lastign and damaging than Bush's bullshit war, of even which Trumps hands are not completely clean with either.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The overt cultism regularizing Trump , his followers, and the methods of which they have been allowed to propagate is mor elong lastign and damaging than Bush's bullshit war, of even which Trumps hands are not completely clean with either.
Holy shit, twitter garbage is more lasting than innocent people getting killed. Do you understand how terrorist cells start? If I had to guess probably from a child watching his mother get gunned down by US troops. Racism existed long before Trump, and will last long after him as well.

OP
OP
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Holy shit, twitter garbage is more lasting than innocent people getting killed. Do you understand how terrorist cells start? If I had to guess probably from a child watching his mother get gunned down by US troops. Racism existed long before Trump, and will last long after him as well.
I think you're way out of your element here and are just spouting bullshit

If you don't get how maga mentality is affecting this countries culture and how much worse if 2016 wasn't a fluke, then Idk what to tell ya

Also, didn't know nobody had died from trumps hand
Interesting

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Do you think I'm white? Lmao

I think you are an arrogant poster who hasn't seen up close the effects this administration is having because you don't see it everyday. You could be as black as I am, but I live in the heart of MAGA-ville. In those flyover states you all like to make fun of, living the reality of the increase in local "militias" and other such nonsense since 2016. So trying to tell me nothing has gotten worse in regards to race relations and shit since Trump got into office is not only laughable; but the fact that you do it with such conviction while I have tons of personal interactions that prove that wrong is the icing on the fucked up cake.

The sprinkles is the fact that you bulldozed into this thread more concerned with how poorly Trump's presidency is viewed than anything else. Its extremely telling that the one thing that mattered enough to you for you to DEMAND that I "stop acting" is Trump being viewed as the terrible piece of shit that he is.

Nah, I said what I said.

Trumps a piece of shit, the worst President in recent memory by a MILE and he needs to fucking go. Anyone who has any flavor of a problem with that statement can kick rocks.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So until your perfect candidate comes you won't participate?

Y'all hating outside the club, not even getting in line to get in
No such thing. Bernie was my compromise for pres. Joe is a candidate who propagates the culture of injustice in America and the world.

Why should "the club" be so highly coveted anyway? You said yourself it was "bare minimum". Implicitly, meaning other courses of action can be more significant

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think you're way out of your element here and are just spouting bullshit

If you don't get how maga mentality is affecting this countries culture and how much worse if 2016 wasn't a fluke, then Idk what to tell ya

Also, didn't know nobody had died from trumps hand
Interesting
Hey guess what, maga mentality is just a representation of racism that long existed before Trump, it was coming with or without him and existed before him. I never claimed that Trump isn't guilty of killing people, this pandemic is nothing but numbers on him as well. Not sure what you're trying to get at with me but okay.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It is invaluably damaging. With long lasting repercussions that are actually hard to calculate. With social media the terrorists in office right now can spread their lies as gospel and recruit more people. But racism existed before Trump so hes not that bad and Bush is worse even though Racism existed before him too. The rest of us realize that a person doesnt have to be the progenitor of somehtign to own it and be held responsible. I wonder what this president can actually own for you? Id imagine if it was anything of significance, something as low impact as voting would be easy to add onto your busy schedule of makiing a change from outside the system.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
I think you are an arrogant ass who hasn't seen up close the effects this administration is having because you don't see it everyday. You could be as black as I am, but I live in the heart of MAGA-ville. In those flyover states you all like to make fun of, living the reality of the increase in local "militias" and other such nonsense since 2016. So trying to tell me nothing has gotten worse in regards to race relations and shit since Trump got into office is not only laughable; but the fact that you do it with such conviction while I have tons of personal interactions that prove that wrong is the icing on the fucked up cake.

The sprinkles is the fact that you bulldozed into this thread more concerned with how poorly Trump's presidency is viewed than anything else. Its extremely telling that the one thing that mattered enough to you for you to DEMAND that I "stop acting" is Trump being viewed as the terrible piece of shit that he is.

Nah, I said what I said.

Trumps a piece of shit, the worst President in recent memory by a MILE and he needs to fucking go. Anyone who has any flavor of a problem with that statement can kick rocks.

while you're free to disagree with that user, i think this type of insulting/name-calling is a bit over the edge and is neither constructive nor decent discussion

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think you are an arrogant poster who hasn't seen up close the effects this administration is having because you don't see it everyday. You could be as black as I am, but I live in the heart of MAGA-ville. In those flyover states you all like to make fun of, living the reality of the increase in local "militias" and other such nonsense since 2016. So trying to tell me nothing has gotten worse in regards to race relations and shit since Trump got into office is not only laughable; but the fact that you do it with such conviction while I have tons of personal interactions that prove that wrong is the icing on the fucked up cake.

Nah, I said what I said.

It was going to happen with or without Trump in office, this is not nothing new at all. I don't care about Trumps presidency or how its seen at all, what I'm concerned with is the continued excuse of using Trump to scapegoat a much larger and systemic problem that permeates the US. Getting rid of Trump literally does not change the rotting core of America, and that is the institutionalized racism that exists in the foundation of the country.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018

I don't know that I can speak for anyone else arguing against you here but I'm very aware of it, and it's one of the reasons I'm frustrated that the opposition party to Trump has decided to make a old segregationist fart with personal space issues the face of the party right now.

You can't have a culture war against white supremacy by nominating a dude who did as much to support white supremacy as Biden has. That's not combating it, that's just acquiescing to it.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I don't know that I can speak for anyone else arguing against you here but I'm very aware of it, and it's one of the reasons I'm frustrated that the opposition party to Trump has decided to make a old segregationist fart with personal space issues the face of the party right now.

You can't have a culture war against white supremacy by nominating a dude who did as much to support white supremacy as Biden has. That's not combating it, that's just acquiescing to it.
I think if Trump wins. We will have to use a different word than acquiescing to describe what it actually means.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It is invaluably damaging. With long lasting repercussions that are actually hard to calculate. With social media the terrorists in office right now can spread their lies as gospel and recruit more people. But racism existed before Trump so hes not that bad and Bush is worse even though Racism existed before him too. The rest of us realize that a person doesnt have to be the progenitor of somehtign to own it and be held responsible. I wonder what this president can actually own for you? Id imagine if it was anything of significance, something as low impact as voting would be easy to add onto your busy schedule of makiing a change from outside the system.
Trump is symptomatic of the Republican party, and America as a whole. Nothing else. He is a shit president that is willing to kill millions in a pandemic, and thats down to his incompetence more than anything.Sweeping racism under the rug because it's in your face now is very important im sure. Nah, I don't have to vote for Biden. I already spend my time trying to help others in more significant ways than pretending that my vote in CA is important.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
while you're free to disagree with that user, i think this type of insulting/name-calling is a bit over the edge and is neither constructive nor decent discussion

I mean... I edited that post to change the language. You quoted the edited version (I saw it), then edited what I removed back into the post? So... Okay? Yeah I agree, that's why I removed it.

It was going to happen with or without Trump in office, this is not nothing new at all. I don't care about Trumps presidency or how its seen at all, what I'm concerned with is the continued excuse of using Trump to scapegoat a much larger and systemic problem that permeates the US. Getting rid of Trump literally does not change the rotting core of America, and that is the institutionalized racism that exists in the foundation of the country.

Ahh, let me reference my other post in this thread.

OP you are right, but you are going to be showered with various waves of "both sides"'ism's and maybe some "It's too late" stuff topped with "Yeah, but it won't fix EVERYTHING so why bother".

Ok so you caught a stray. You came to the thread to play the "It won't fix everything so why bother" card; but I had just called it out before you arrived; So you decided to tee off on me in anger?

Still standing by everything I said. The fact that voting this moron out of office doesn't fix everything does absolutely nothing to sway me from being dedicated to getting rid of him regardless as a step towards better. Sit on your hands if you want to. But that's not my style. And I will entertain exactly zero "Trump aint even that bad bruh" discussions this day or any day. Not interested.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Trump is symptomatic of the Republican party, and America as a whole. Nothing else. He is a shit president that is willing to kill millions in a pandemic, and thats down to his incompetence more than anything.Sweeping racism under the rug because it's in your face now is very important im sure. Nah, I don't have to vote for Biden. I already spend my time trying to help others in more significant ways than pretending that my vote in CA is important.
It doesnt matter whats its due to. Incompetence or malicious intent. Its the same damn thing if it keeps happening. You dont have to vote for Biden. Everyone has the right to not do the right thing. You can stop pretending your vote counts and keep pretending you are an ally to the people the Trump admin effects. These are all choices.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I mean... I edited that post to change the language. You quoted the edited version, then edited what I removed back into the post? So... Okay? Yeah I agree, thats why I removed it.

Ahh, let me reference my other post in this thread.

Ok so you caught a stray. You came to the thread to play the "It won't fix everything so why bother" card; but I had just called it out before you arrived; So you decided to tee off on me in anger?

Still standing by everything I said. The fact that voting this moron out of office doesn't fix everything does absolutely nothing to sway me from being dedicated to getting rid of him regardless as a step towards better. Sit on your hands if you want to. But that's not my style. And I will entertain exactly zero "Trump aint even that bad bruh" discussions this day or any day. Not interested.
I'm not saying it won't fix anything at all, but voting doesn't get rid of racism. You can do you're think and I'll do mine, I think there are better ways to help others than pretending voting is a political action. Hell I'd vote for Biden if I genuinely felt he was going to do anything to solve a single fucking thing in this country, but he won't.

Jun 10, 2018
If we can't vote trump out there will never be progress.
That's what y'all don't get

I'm not saying: "we beat trump and white supremacists ideas did the next day"
I'm saying
"If we don't beat trump, the avatar for white supremacy, then how will we ever even have any change worth having?"
Black Americans (a group I am apart of) have been able to fight and scrape for the change afforded to themselves and PoC in general without ever ridding this country of the festering white supremacy that lives in its institutions as well as it's populace.

Do not sit here and insult the legacy of change by oppressed groups that has been seen in this country all because you hold the passive act of voting in such high (and illogical) magnitude. Voting is but a start - one that every American should participate in I agree. However, it is hardly HARDLY the most effective or even persuasive political tool in one's arsenal, and certainly isn't the one to counteract the culture of white supremacy.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It doesnt matter whats its due to. Incompetence or malicious intent. Its the same damn thing if it keeps happening. You dont have to vote for Biden. Everyone has the right to not do the right thing. You can stop pretending your vote counts and keep pretending you are an ally to the people the Trump admin effects. These are all choices.
Doing the right thing would be getting involved in local political action rather than pretending like your vote does anything, but okay. Voting is barely a a political action and you can't fucking vote racism away as it turns out.

OP
OP
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Doing the right thing would be getting involved in local political action rather than pretending like your vote does anything, but okay. Voting is barely a a political action and you can't fucking vote racism away as it turns out.
This is anti Democratic honestly

Reminder that all the deplorables are gonna vote

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Doing the right hing would be doing both because staying home because not voting doesnt mean you get, no president. There is no option to not be involved in the outcome. The choice of america is cosigning Trumps agenda or not and that is the only outcome.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is anti Democratic honestly

Reminder that all the deplorables are gonna vote
Yes, please tell me how Biden needs my singular vote in CA. No thanks I'm gonna do things that seem more politically important to me, there are organizations that better suit the need of minorities than an institution that has tossed them aside. Vote shaming is anti democratic, actually.

Doing the right hing would be doing both because staying home because not voting doesnt mean you get, no president. There is no option to not be involved in the outcome. The choice of america is cosigning Trumps agenda or not and that is the only outcome.
Don't try and shame me into voting for Biden. Backing the institutional racism in america isn't a "good" thing.

OP
OP
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Yes, please tell me how Biden needs my singular vote in CA. No thanks I'm gonna do things that seem more politically important to me, there are organizations that better suit the need of minorities than an institution that has tossed them aside. Vote shaming is anti democratic, actually.

Don't try and shame me into voting for Biden. Backing the institutional racism in america isn't a "good" thing.
What are these organizations you work with

Status
Not open for further replies.