• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Hi all, so if i remember correctly a couple months ago facebook pretty much killed mod support for the Quest. Now i've had beat saber installed on there with costum songs since last year, and have not updated since because i have no idea what it'll do to the game. So i have a couple of qyestions.

If i update my game now, will my custom songs dissapear? Or will they remain in the game.
If i update my game, and my songs do dissapear, is there a way of remodding it so i can add songs again? If there is, what's the latest good way to do so?

My quest is just my Beat Saber machine, so if i can't get custom songs there's really no point in having it. Thanks for the help!

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hi all, so if i remember correctly a couple months ago facebook pretty much killed mod support for the Quest. Now i've had beat saber installed on there with costum songs since last year, and have not updated since because i have no idea what it'll do to the game. So i have a couple of qyestions.

If i update my game now, will my custom songs dissapear? Or will they remain in the game.
If i update my game, and my songs do dissapear, is there a way of remodding it so i can add songs again? If there is, what's the latest good way to do so?

My quest is just my Beat Saber machine, so if i can't get custom songs there's really no point in having it. Thanks for the help!
Yes, you can get mods on the Oculus Quest version of Beatsaber.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
By not installing the latest updates, you're missing some absolutely amazing songs from Camellia. You should definitely update the game now.

I followed this tutorial to get custom songs on Beat Saber on Quest more recently:

Beat Saber modding how-to

IMO I don't think most custom songs are worth the trouble, but if you like what you've played, that tutorial should do the trick.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Waiting for my Quest. Taking note of this. But was thinking of getting the PC version instead, seems like there's more songs options? Too bad it's not cross-buy.

OP
OP
RoaringMdog

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Yes, you can get mods on the Oculus Quest version of Beatsaber.

That's awesome, guess i'll be updating and installing this. Shame about my high scores, but its a small price to pay to finally update . Thanks!

By not installing the latest updates, you're missing some absolutely amazing songs from Camellia. You should definitely update the game now.

I followed this tutorial to get custom songs on Beat Saber on Quest more recently:

Beat Saber modding how-to

IMO I don't think most custom songs are worth the trouble, but if you like what you've played, that tutorial should do the trick.

Honestly, without custom songs the game is no fun at all. Don't really like any of the songs included with the base game.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Honestly, without custom songs the game is no fun at all. Don't really like any of the songs included with the base game.
Can you share some of your favorite custom songs? I spent hours walling through BeastSaber and felt like I was wasting my time since the vast majority of songs I tried were simply not fun to play, even if I liked the songs themselves. I tried following specific song mappers and such and just had such bad luck with it.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Can you share some of your favorite custom songs? I spent hours walling through BeastSaber and felt like I was wasting my time since the vast majority of songs I tried were simply not fun to play, even if I liked the songs themselves. I tried following specific song mappers and such and just had such bad luck with it.
What difficulty/sort of song are you looking for? I can recommend some stuff depending on what you're looking for!

Ninjatogo

Oct 28, 2017
Waiting for my Quest. Taking note of this. But was thinking of getting the PC version instead, seems like there's more songs options? Too bad it's not cross-buy.
I'd be a bit careful with going for the PC version if you intend to use Oculus Link on the Quest. Link can start to show video artifacts for fast moving content, but more importantly it has a little bit more input lag compared to playing games natively on the Quest which can throw you off in a rhythm game like Beat Saber.

freeradical

Oct 27, 2017
You may like this:

Beat Sage: Custom Beat Saber Level Generator

Beat Sage is an AI that creates free custom levels for Beat Saber. You can select a song from Youtube and our system will output a Beat Saber map that is matched with that song! Beat Sage is compatible with SteamVR, Oculus PC, and Oculus Quest versions of Beat Saber.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Play some custom charts for Konami music game songs like Albida or FLOWER.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I installed BMBF and use this giant list of tracks as my library now. Some losers in here, but some pretty phenomenal winners.
My whole list: https://bsaber.com/songs/new/?bookmarked_by=thatsmytrunks

Specific picks:
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - The Only Thing I Know For Real
Snail's House - Pixel Galaxy
Bastille - Pompeii
Madeon - Pop Culture
Psy - Daddy
Psy - Gangnam Style
ELO - Mister Blue Sky
DJ Fresh - Louder (Amazing Lightshow)
Nero - Doomsday
DMX / Carly Rae Jepson - X Gon Give It To Ya Maybe (No Joke, it's a Blast)
BLR - Seagulls! (Stop It Now)
Flux Pavillion - I Can't Stop

Also Beat Sage sucks right now. It'll get better with time and as the algorithm improves, but right now nothing that it spit out was any fun.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'd be a bit careful with going for the PC version if you intend to use Oculus Link on the Quest. Link can start to show video artifacts for fast moving content, but more importantly it has a little bit more input lag compared to playing games natively on the Quest which can throw you off in a rhythm game like Beat Saber.
After playing the demo with the Quest I ended up just going with the native app. I'll either be using AMD Relive or VD for linking to my PC since from what I've heard it can work better than with a wire anyway.

And yeah I saw that Beat Sage and BMBF work well enough now with the Quest version. So I'm happy about that. Didn't try to install sidequest yet though. So I gotta start there.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I can do most of the 30+ songs which come with the game on Expert+, and the Camellia songs on Expert. I really love ones which simply have creative and fun patterns, not difficulty just for the sake of difficulty.
I really liiiiike...

I Wanna Be Like You (Sim Gretina Remix)
Mr. Blue Sky – Electric Light Orchestra
Star Sky – Two Steps From Hell (though you need extra mods to make this one worth playing and it's 99% a spectacle map).
Lost in the Rhythm – Jamie Berry ft. Octavia Rose

The dance tag in general has some really fun maps since they're designed for well... Making you dance a bit! I typically stick to lyrical songs and tend to avoid the Japanese stuff that floods the custom songs. Those tend to be difficult for the sake of flailing around like a dumbass.