• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/11/08/beat-saber-lands-on-ps-vr-november-20-with-new-content/

These are some of the exclusive new content and features:

• Challenging campaign: Improve your game style every day by completing levels in our complex campaign, exclusively created for PS VR players.
  • Exclusive new songs: Everyone loves Beat Saber's Original Game Soundtrack. That's why we bring you, above our well-know music hits, five new exclusive songs coming straight from excellent electronic dance music artists and talents from around the world.
  • Tons of modifiers: The game contains many modifiers to make your gameplay even more challenging and exciting every day.
  • Epic sabers: Get ready for those shiny beasts because they look just amazing. Watch them glow and slash the cubes with style!
  • Practice mode: We know practice makes perfect. In Beat Saber, you can start from any part of the level or even slow the game to practice problematic parts.

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting a mid-late december release at best. Good thing I've just found out where my PS Move were hiding two days ago thanks to the release of Déraciné, they will be more than ready to make me burn some fat with this gem =)

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Hell ya, friends and I were waiting on this to get PSVR. Is there a price? And hope it has mod support

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Beat Saber looks really fun, but isn't a large part of that being able to use custom songs? Not sure if PS4 version is even worth getting into without that. Maybe I'm wrong though, is the default playlist pretty good?

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. I was waiting for the PSVR version. Too bad it won't have user songs but I take song packs.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's been a great year for PSVR. There's been good stuff pretty much all year long. Really happy with how the lineup turned out.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I looooooove Beat Saber, I'd caution those that are interested in buying it at full price. Even with some extra songs, that's not a lot of content. And as cool as actually playing it is, the custom songs is what makes this game.

Of course, that all depends on what the launch price is.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Beat Saber is amazing and one of my favourite VR games. While it's true that mod support does expand the game and takes it to some amazing places don't be put off by people that will suggest that it's the be all and end all. I had an absolutely great time with Beat Saber before I learned that I could add custom songs. What's there in the original package is still wonderful. Don't miss it.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm terrified about how effective the tracking will be, and I almost don't care because I'm buying it anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Great to see they are put in some new content and we haven't been waiting just for a basic port, although that would have still been fine but I always appreciate when developers do a little extra.

This and Tetris Effect are really going to take a good chunk of time over the holidays.

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Without the player created content I really hope they go for a reasonable price point, even with 5 new tracks that means that the game has a to a total of what? 15 tracks? That's not a whole lot imo.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
What's up with the 'exclusive' stuff mentioned? Are they dropping their PC player base and not giving them any of the updates?

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
This game is damn fun and almost a workout on some harder songs. Great addition to the already growing PSVR library!

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to this, not sure if I will buy day 1 though. Wish the music was rock though, rather than electronic.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Beat Saber is the first game to give me that feeling of wonder since Super Mario 64. It is brilliant and my personal GOTY. PSVR users are in for a treat, and this is simply a must own, no qualifiers.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's up with the 'exclusive' stuff mentioned? Are they dropping their PC player base and not giving them any of the updates?

They promised updates including multiplayer to come to PC after PSVR launch
These exclusive stuffs are meaningless on PC anyway. The modders have already add modded stages, avatars, songs, blades etc for a long time now

Deleted member 43446

User requested account closure
Banned
May 15, 2018
If only it would support Spotify playlists. I'll keep an eye on it but won't likely get it until next year.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
User created content was never going to happen. The pc is obviously the superior platform for this game, but I'm still excited to finally get to play it. PSVR has been on a roll lately!

Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice to get official song DLC later down the line. They could also do it on PC because official DLC would have a guaranteed quality that custom tracks may not have - for example the definition of what is Expert and what is Expert+ seems to be varying a lot.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Are the original PS3 Move controllers any different from the current ones other than the charging port? Will have to pick up another for this game as long as the one I have is compatible.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Fresh content is our priority and we want to bring you new music regularly. The first Expansion Pack with 10 songs is coming to the game very soon after the release. You can choose between different music genres and enjoy well-known artists together with emerging indie talents.

Nice :)

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Hm... disappointed to hear that the campaign is PSVR exclusive. That's exactly the kind of content I'd be interested in, instead of mods or multiplayer. Oh well, that's what happens with Early Access.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Very nice, though the custom songs probably make this a better pickup on PCVR.

Still, PSVR has been on a bit of a roll this year.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Cool, I'm interested, buuuut I'm gonna wait for impressions about the tracking quality first. The Move tracking in Superhot VR was pretty flaky in certain cases to point of affecting gameplay and anything like that for this kind of game would be a total killer. But I hope they got around that and my fears are abated.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
The blog post made it pretty clear, song packs, no downloadable user made songs.
Shit, no buy for me.

For those worried about tracking: have you guys played with the move at all?
The problems come from staying still, and this game seems everything but. And even those problems can be eliminated by a quick reset.
The boxes are also huge, and if the moves fucks up in tracking, it's only for a few centimeters.

Last edited:

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
Finally!!!!! I've been waiting on this for a while. I need to get my PSVR hooked up and situated...

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
No custom songs is a bummer obviously but loads of PSVR exclusive content here. Looking forward to double dipping.