• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
syGgmXw.jpg

gizmodo.com

Exclusive: BSG's Bear McCreary Live-Album Announcement and Interview

Bear McCreary, composer for Battlestar Galactica, spoke exclusively to io9 about his new BSG live album, plus the soundtracks for all four seasons of the sci-fi series will be available on your favorite streaming music services for the first time.

Here's what you need to know about Bear McCreary, the legendary-in-his-own-time composer for Battlestar Galactica, The Walking Dead, Outlander, and so much more: there's a part of him that's bummed he's not playing a concert right now. Thankfully there's a fix for that; as io9 can exclusively reveal, he has a new BSG live album, plus the soundtracks for all four seasons of Ronald D. Moore and David Eick's series have been digitally remastered and will be available on your favorite streaming music services for the first time.

So Say We All: Battlestar Galactica Live will be available on June 4 at McCreary's Sparks & Shadows site alongside the four original Battlestar Galactica soundtracks, all five of which have been digitally remastered. They'll also finally be available via streaming services as well. If you want to go the extra mile, a limited number of So Say We All albums signed by McCreary will be available on June 8 over at La-La Land Records.

Here's the tracklist:

1. A Distant Sadness
  2. Prelude To War
  3. Baltar's Dream
  4. Roslin and Adama
  5. Apocalypse
  6. Fight Night
  7. Something Dark Is Coming
  8. Wander My Friends
  9. Lords Of Kobol
  10. Storming New Caprica
  11. Heeding The Call
  12. All Along The Watchtower
  13. Colonial Anthem / Black Market
There's also a interview with McCreary at the link above.

No "Reuniting the Fleet" is a bit of a bummer.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
No Reuniting the Fleet? :-( Oh well. Still cool.

Oh wait. No The Shape of Things to Come either? Damn.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I was listening to much of the soundtrack last week got it all. Love reuniting the fleet, the shape of things to come and Passacaglia especially.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
The "All Along the Watchtower" moment in the show is my favorite TV moment of all time. So much so I listen to that version more, nowadays.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
It's seriously up there. People can debate about the quality of that last season and ending all they want, but there's no arguing that the score was always top notch.

The documentary on scoring the series finale is really good and highlights the main musicians. It's 30 minutes, but well worth it.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Nice. Love his work BSG was amazing. The only thing more from Bear is Black sails. Needs those other seasons Soundtracks please.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Greatest tv soundtrack of all time. Can't wait to hear this.

Think I'm in for a rewatch soon too

Headman Rum

Oct 28, 2017
I'm currently about halfway through a BSG rewatch, truly a brilliant series, and the soundtrack adds so much to it.
Shame there is no live version of Gaeta's Lament. Would have been nice to see Alessandro Juliani sing it live

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Man fucking finally. The fact it took this long for the soundtracks to be released to streaming is bloody ridiculous.

philipnorth

Oct 31, 2017
Finally!

I am currently rewatching the show and I am so happy they're gonna be on streaming services.
will the live album also go up on streaming though?

and man I agree, he should be out there performing this again

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
The "All Along the Watchtower" moment in the show is my favorite TV moment of all time. So much so I listen to that version more, nowadays.
Same. My jaw was on the floor, like, are they really doing what I think they're doing?, and then they did.

I was in the middle of a rewatch of BSG last year, but then moving and work stuff and the pandemic kind of threw off my groove. I gotta get back to that.

Btw, if y'all haven't seen Black Sails, Bear McCreary did the score for that one too, and it's great. The first episode's a little wobbly, but it gets really good really quick after that.

Bazza

Oct 27, 2017
Probably the best soundtrack to any TV show in my opinion, years later I still listen to them quite regularly. I still have my CD's of the soundtracks somewhere but I wont say no to digitally remastered versions I can access easily.

ss1

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow! I'm really looking forward to this. I had no idea that this was in the works. Back in the day, I brought S2-S4 OST albums on CD so I am excited for this.

Last edited:

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
This is great that this is getting a proper release! I may have to add this to my collection

Vgh6Dpql.jpg

2F47TJAl.jpg

I met Bear years ago at the opening of the BSG exhibit at the EMP museum. Terrible photo of me, but hey its Bear!

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Jamming to BSG music is always a dangerous proposition. Next thing I know, I'll be halfway through season 2 on another series binge.

Also, that live show looks insane. Katee Sackhoff playing the piano with Bear? When was this?!

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
My first television editing job in NYC was at a division of NBC in 2012. On the internal music library, we could use any music from cancelled Universal owned shows. That meant I had the entire BSG library to use. As I started out on various military and crime themed shows, I made sure to get one or two BSG tracks in everything I did

exodus

Oct 25, 2017

It's probably second for me.

This is my first:

The music elevates this scene so much.

Personally, I don't think any TV series OST comes even close to the masterpiece that is BSG.

Bazza

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! The lighter is actually silver , what you see it the brass showing from wear. It's like 80 years old. I also have the big top gun flagon.

Lol I have the tankard as well, keep meaning to come up with a callsign for myself and paint my name under Kat's, I should probably stop drinking from it now they cost £400-500 and not the bargain price of £60 I paid for it :D Seriously jealous of the other bits though.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
BSG and LOST were top tier soundtracks and they both were airing around the same time, it was a great time to be a music nerd.