• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Firstly, "beans on toast has been upgraded" doesn't make sense. That's like adding numbers to infinity. You can't improve perfection. Off to a bad start.

Secondly, what the fuck is that. I've eaten beans off a napkin before, my standards are rock bottom, and I wouldn't even touch that.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just looked up Branston beans. Still too loose for me to consider it a topping for toast. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Also idk if it's just me or if it's Americans at large but idk if beans out of a can are that popular. If I'm eating beans, they're usually homemade.

for beans I can't do with just heating them up - I agree the sauce is too runny. If you cook them a little longer than usual, and stir well, the sauce thickens from I guess some of the beans breaking down? you get a much thicker sauce thats kinda halfway between beans from a tin and mushy peas I guess.

The crunch of the toast, the saltiness of the butter and the sweetness of the beans - its just a great combo is why you have them on toast. On their own they're a little dull.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Not UK here : I bought some Heinz beans once last year and was surprised at how sugary they were... This was all I could taste, very disappointed.
Are they supposed to be this sugary or is this the "Heinz" touch ?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Not UK here : I bought some Heinz beans once last year and was surprised at how sugary they were... This was all I could taste, very disappointed.
Are they supposed to be this sugary or is this the "Heinz" touch ?

just how they are. We've moved over to ones with way less sugar/salt. they can taste a little bland initially but you adjust.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Corporate Social Media Account: *Posts something clearly bullshit*

Other Corporate Social Media Accounts:

Also it ain't a food thread on Era without people condemning an entire people's culinary traditions due to a few examples of a quick-and-cheap working class dish.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
Brand twitter will do anything for clicks. I remember KFC U.K. kept retweeting tweets about how awful their fries are for a few weeks. Then announced new recipe fries

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I think this is a better use for Weetabix than having them soggy and drowned in milk for breakfast, but it's still a pretty sorry meal.

Also it ain't a food thread on Era without people condemning an entire people's culinary traditions due to a few examples of a quick-and-cheap working class dish.
British food is the apotheosis of bland mediocrity.

Thank God for immigrants.
Right on cue.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
Idk I've never had weetabix, however Google tells me it tastes like nothing, so I can't imagine it with beans to be that gross.

Like I assume it just absorbs whatever flavor you put on it.

navanman

Oct 27, 2017
Dublin
Idk I've never had weetabix, however Google tells me it tastes like nothing, so I can't imagine it with beans to be that gross.

Like I assume it just absorbs whatever flavor you put on it.
Its very bland alright. Its like pure fibre!!

If you leave any behind in your cereal bowl, it dries and hardens into the hardest material known to man.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Corporate Social Media Account: *Posts something clearly bullshit*

Other Corporate Social Media Accounts:

As a working class northerner who just polished off some delicious pie, chips and beans, I agree. ;)

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
So wait, it's not just beans on toast...it's baked beans? Like, the side dish that everyone ignores at a BBQ? That's your breakfast? Lmao

machine

Oct 25, 2017
So wait, it's not just beans on toast...it's baked beans? Like, the side dish that everyone ignores at a BBQ? That's your breakfast? Lmao

To be fair, I *think* it's a different sauce than baked beans. I believe its more tomatoey like the sauce in canned pork & beans as opposed to the sweet molasses taste of baked beans.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a British thing? It's seems like the kind of ghastly nonsense they pass for food.

Teuthex

May 31, 2019
And here I thought this would be making fun of Australian cafe culture and menus items like "posh baked beans on sourdough toast, topped with avocado, poached eggs and dukkah", much like the "deconstructed" Vegemite on toast from a few years ago.

Baked beans on toast is not just a UK thing, but also common in Australia and I am assuming NZ too. I like making homemade baked beans and serving them with my also homemade sourdough.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Beans on toast or spaghetti hoops on toast are one of life's simple pleasures.

I scoff at the idea than American food is any better.