• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
giphy.gif

Those poor Burbons...
No sympathy for the humble custard cream, the workhorse of the selection box?

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I understand this is a shock post to garner clicks and buzz for both brands, but my body is physically repulsed by the sight of this.

Pls delet Weetabix

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Please DM me your location, OP, so I can send someone from the local health authority to assess you.

We'll get you the help you need.

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
See that's legitimately good.
I don't want to say I thought you were weird because you didn't know about it, I was just happy for you for learning about a basic good thing. And then I see some corporate bullshit.

I don't understand how British food can be so good (like, the premade stuff in supermarkets, or restaurant food) but British cuisine is so bland or struggle.
Rationing lasted a long time after the war.

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
British people make me sick.

I am british. I eat beans on toast 2-3 times a weak, with humous and sirarcha

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone tried butter on dry weetabix? That's pretty great and I was shocked too when someone suggested it, so this doesn't sicken me.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Oi, me and me mates are proper chuffed about Weetabix

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
The geometry of the structural integrity of the toast favours the triangle :D

Knife and fork if you've gone overboard on the beans. Sometimes I'll throw the beans in with a couple of leftover mushrooms and a few chunks of sausage in a pan, add some pepper or Worcestershire sauce then pour it over freshly done toast and eat straight away. Or if I'm really hungry I'll do cheese on toast under the grill then sling the above mixture on the top. There's a reason a UK greasy spoon has about a gajillion different combos of a fry-up. :D
I'm not a fan of the idea of straight beans on toast, but that sounds lovely.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
It is truly a monstrous combination. Weetabix needs absolutely drenching in milk before its edible, and even then it sits on the stomach like a bowling ball. How on earth beans would work with this is beyond me.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I've always been curious about the beans as I've noticed they are often served with breakfast. Are they similar in flavor to what we call baked beans here in the US?

Anjoys

Avenger
Nov 10, 2017
I've already tried this years back, its ok. Weetabix is already bland anyways, so your mostly getting the taste of beans with the Weetabix mouth-feel.

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
Rationing lasted a long time after the war.

This is very much tangental, but I was talking about this with my partner the other day, and about the impact it had. Like you say - lasted a long time after that, and then the ripple effects even longer. So like, her grandmother's recipes for cakes etc, 1 egg, low on a bunch of things, but that's how her mum learnt to cook, so then that was her default, then sort of learnt adding back some of that, those passed down to her, and again converting those up to modern standards. Remarkable resourcefulness with getting as much out of as few things as possible of course.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I figured that would be the case. Either way, I love beans, so I would totally be down to try them with breakfast if I make it to the UK. Beans on toast doesn't sound half bad either.
You can get Heinz Baked Beams in loads of grocery stores in the US. You'll just end up paying over $3 per tin as opposed to 50p in the UK. šŸ˜©

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
God I fucking hate brands on twitter so very much.
The original tweet, fine whatever, but those replies are rage inducing.
It's all awful corporate shit, but I've got to admit I'm still feeling somewhat positive towards innocent after they unfollowed a terf and posted about trans rights the other day.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabeā€™s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
It's all awful corporate shit, but I've got to admit I'm still feeling somewhat positive towards innocent after they unfollowed a terf and posted about trans rights the other day.

I ended up buying a couple of bottles of their smoothies after that, especially when I saw the TERFs start labelling them on twitter.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
BREXIT is hitting that hard? Already scraping the bottom of the pantry?

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I make Berk Beans.

Beans drowned in Levi Roots Reggae Reggae Jerk Sauce.

I invented it. You're welcome.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Beans on toast is bloody great

add grated cheese on top for a bit of luxury

add marmite for more richness