• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Yeah I'd try that. Clearly the next chapter in British culinary excellence.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Beans on Weetabix with a side order of weetabix and a side order of beans.

Yeah, viral marketing gonna viral.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
We now know that Weetabix' marketing department needs 34 days to compose an ad tweet.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
id be open to trying weetabix as a savory biscuit type thing, but i wouldnt jump in the deep end of poring beans all over it. Maybe a spread of Philadelphia and some bacon or sth

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
On balance I was a bit hasty in locking this. If people want to discuss the wonders of British viral marketing and our obsession with slathering baked beans on stuff, who am I to argue :D

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I don't understand how British food can be so good (like, the premade stuff in supermarkets, or restaurant food) but British cuisine is so bland or struggle.

Miles Iz Ded

Oct 28, 2017
Boke. I love baked beans and Weetabix but that sounds vile. Here is the true Beans on Toast upgrade:
snapshotimagehandler_1296582929.jpeg

Oct 22, 2020
I love how the beans are elegantly draped on top of the biscuits, suggesting you should pick it up with your fingers and eat it like a canapé.

In reality, you'd need to mash up the Weetabix in a bowl, pour the beans on top, and eat it with a fork.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
Beans on toast... ok you guys are trolling us right. It's like an inside joke to get us on the other side of the pond to eat some nasty shit? Right? Right?!
I already got tricked by Australians with vegemite. It was like licking a herbivores fresh turd.

Nov 14, 2017
I've actually done this (although with a different brand of breakfast biscuit), one dreadful night faced with an unstocked cupboard. Can't say I recommend it.
I love how the beans are elegantly draped on top of the biscuits, suggesting you should pick it up with your fingers and eat it like a canapé.

In reality, you'd need to mash up the Weetabix in a bowl, pour the beans on top, and eat it with a fork.
This was the method I used too! You clearly know your stuff.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Beans on toast... ok you guys are trolling us right. It's like an inside joke to get us on the other side of the pond to eat some nasty shit? Right? Right?!

If I've tried biscuits with gravy, you can all try beans on toast.

5ntb152co5831.jpg

UK Era, answer me here - is beans and toast a fork and knife affair? Or do you usually pick it up if you haven't gone overboard on the beans?

Fork and knife to start with, then pick it up once you've eaten enough beans.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is Weetabix a great taste though? It tastes like dust.

I will not have the good name of Weetabix disparaged on this forum, it's a great little thing unlike that monstrous Shredded Wheat

Spread a tiny bit of Nutella on that bad boy and have it with milk and it's a godlike breakfast

And this is not just because Nutella + Vessel for Nutella = Good I swear

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
UK Era, answer me here - is beans and toast a fork and knife affair? Or do you usually pick it up if you haven't gone overboard on the beans?
The geometry of the structural integrity of the toast favours the triangle :D

Knife and fork if you've gone overboard on the beans. Sometimes I'll throw the beans in with a couple of leftover mushrooms and a few chunks of sausage in a pan, add some pepper or Worcestershire sauce then pour it over freshly done toast and eat straight away. Or if I'm really hungry I'll do cheese on toast under the grill then sling the above mixture on the top. There's a reason a UK greasy spoon has about a gajillion different combos of a fry-up. :D

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
I* make eggs and beans on toast like alll the time. Throw in some ham, cheese, fried mushrooms, chives all in the scrambled eggs, it's great. Yeah the toast goes soggy, but it's basically just there to be carbs and prevent waste of bean-juice so whatever.

*British, living in the Czech Republic

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I* make eggs and beans on toast like alll the time. Throw in some ham, cheese, fried mushrooms, chives all in the scrambled eggs, it's great. Yeah the toast goes soggy, but it's basically just there to be carbs and prevent waste of bean-juice so whatever.

*British, living in the Czech Republic
I go for spring onions in with scrambled eggs as they cook fast too, I must try chives