• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
The most surprising thing about this whole story is this being the same John Roderick from The Long Winters fame, aka the band that did MBmBaM's podcast intro

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i didn't know Jigsaw had a parenting Master Class. This guy must have taken it during lockdown. Yikes.
He did stick the last parent he met in a death trap for smothering her baby and pinning it on her husband and also stuck a kid in a poison gas death house with a bunch of ex-cons who hated his corrupt dad just to teach the dad a lesson.

element

Oct 27, 2017
And I thought that Sean Nelson was the only asshole in The Long Winters and Harvey Danger...

Oct 29, 2017
I'm convinced this is a made up story, so I can't help but laugh at the image of someone workshoping the imaginary interaction in their kitchen before committing it to tweets.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it works in anime "training from hell" arcs, so there's no reason it shouldn't work in reality, right? :)

?

I can't tell if you're attacking me or joking with me.

If the latter, cool lol

If the former, I'm not sure what anime has to do with anything

EDIT: Oh, you were mocking me. I don't know why you quoted just the one part, but I'm used to it by now.

But what I was thinking when I posted that is that persistence is one of the major things that determines how good people will be at mathematics.

All for a can of beans while she's hungry? Silly, obviously. And there are multiple ways to teach that lesson not involving that.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
This story is also a reminder that some people have zero idea how to teach, or how to teach someone to learn.

If you're watching someone's learning process and they don't know how to learn, maybe you should help correct the process? Maybe they would learn things with better efficiency then, and actually be able to be more self-reliant like you say you want?

Nah, the only good work is beating your head against a wall.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stepped away from this story in the morning and I come back and now the dude is also racist too? This day feels so long already.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
He did stick the last parent he met in a death trap for smothering her baby and pinning it on her husband and also stuck a kid in a poison gas death house with a bunch of ex-cons who hated his corrupt dad just to teach the dad a lesson.

Which, incidentally, also explains why nobody knows about Jigsaw's parenting Master Class.

Laurentius

Apr 18, 2018

Laurentius

Apr 18, 2018
1) He tweeted other offensive tweets

2) Ironic Nazism is still Nazism

Don't get me wrong, I was not defending the guy in any way. Just trying to figure out what point he was actually trying to make there, because it made no sense, with or without context.

(Either way, the Tweet is now gone because he deleted is account.)

EDIT: looks like that Tweet was responding to another Tweet, which had since been deleted. Whatever. I'm not going to waste any more time trying to figure this shit out, not worth it.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I mean, if he treats his child like shit, what makes you think he's good to other people?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You never want to become a meme, especially on a day people don't have nothing else to do

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Racist and hateful people being stupid and drawing attention to themselves has to be the most iconic duo.

So glad people are to stupid to realize they'll face consequences for their hateful views.

All of this because this hoser thought his exaggerated story made him look sophisticated.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm awaiting the alt-right rushing to his defense over "free speech." I'm sure someone will try to compare Bean Dad's old tweets to James Gunn or something, as if it's the same thing.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
This guy is smart and a heavy Twitter user. He's not a boomer that doesn't know technology.

Absolutely should have razed his older tweets if he knew they were problematic. Obviously he doesn't care.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
A can opener is like the least intuitive machine ever. Good mechanics sure, but piss poor industrial design

Also, as both a teacher and a parent, I get the satisfaction of seeing someone figure out something for themselves, but you should know when it's time to give some guidance so the learner doesn't begin to associate the subject with frustration and feelings of inadequacy

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ignoring the cruelty of starving your child for 6 hours asking for help to learn how to do things is a good skill to learn. You can't teach everything to yourself.