• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine this turns out one of two ways. She'll either become incredibly smart & self-reliant or it won't work at all & she'll hate him.

But honestly, it doesn't feel like the worst or best thing I've heard of. So meh.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read it yet but I did not expect this to be who bean dad was, after seeing vague mentions of their existence earlier

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ken now also jumping right into the conflating-antisemetism-with-antizionism hole, itself an incredibly antisemetic trope that conflates all Jews with the nation of Israel.

I do so love when some bullshit nothing Twitter drama exposes this sort of truly fucked up stuff, and I hope these guys have many lost opportunities in their futures.

The "pro-Israel one." Barf.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Who in the fuck would believe that taking 6 hours to teach your hungry child how to open a can of beans would make you look cool/smart on twitter?
The same kind of moron who was clearly aiming for a viral tweet (of the good kind) when their Twitter history contains several slurs and other highly questionable tweets.

Honestly, the amount of times people out themselves in the most ridiculous and unnecessary ways is truly amazing.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh God he's been bean-pilled.

(that's unironically going to become a real thing when the right wing scum begins to hold him up as a hero though)

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I read the OP this morning and was like "meh" but the tweets. That shit escalated quickly

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao fuck I never thought the Long Winters guy would turn out to be a piece of shit. Twitter always exposes the most random people.

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
i didn't know Jigsaw had a parenting Master Class. This guy must have taken it during lockdown. Yikes.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Threads like these sure make it easy to fill out an ignore list.
"Teachable moments" involve teaching. Not leaving your kid to go hungry for six hours and telling them to figure it out.

Can't believe there's people here on Era defending this guy.

I was taught how to open cans by my parents. You know how long it took? A few mins. They showed me how to do it, then gave me the can and opener to finish it. Done. No need for me to learn to appreciate the physics of can opening or waste six hours of my life.

I like this take on it:
That is a good take. Thank you for posting it here.

That is textbook abuse and nowadays, punishment by withdrawal of food would be classed by any social services teams as abusive Parenting.

Saying "it happened to me and I'm fine" is not a defence.
This Tweet is evergreen:

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
This was not something that should have been shared.

Also he's an asshole.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Bless this poor girl if she ever learns to drive. "Ok, sweetheart, you see this stick? Try to Intuit how it shifts the little spiked connected wheels and how that would affect the giant sputtering piston box. I'm waiting. You either figure it out now or you live with me forever."

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Dreams-Visions, I am so use to normal every day racism that you almost have to respect someone going all in with shit like "mudpeople". That is a classic you just don't hear anymore

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
To think, if he had just stopped playing with his damn jigsaw puzzle and show his daughter how to use a can opener.....

The butterfly effect is FASCINATING!

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Bless this poor girl if she ever learns to drive. "Ok, sweetheart, you see this stick? Try to Intuit how it shifts the little spiked connected wheels and how that would affect the giant sputtering piston box. I'm waiting. You either figure it out now or you live with me forever."
Then she will have to figure out to change a gearbox

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
bean is such an ugly and terrible word

tenor.gif

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the McElroys just have a cover-version on Take A Chance On Me for their theme song.

Laurentius

Apr 18, 2018
So what do you think the defense is going to be this time?

* "Those were age old Tweets, obviously I've grown since then and don't think that way anymore! In fact, you're the awful one for digging them up!"
* "Those were just edgy, ironic jokes! Slurs and racism are fine if you're just kidding about it. Have a sense of humor."

Pretty sure it'll be the second one.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't Ken Jennings just step in it last week and have to issue an apology for something?

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
the bros sure do seem to be good at not noticing this sort of behavior in their friends until it blows up though, huh?

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Yeah, it's dumb to think you have to be a pompous asshole to starve a kid for over six hours to teach her a lesson and then proceed to brag about it online.

Posts ITT are the dumb thing in this story, you solved it.
Yes, in this case the mob is wrong and jumping to extreme conclusions about this guy and his story. It's dumb. I thought it was a good story. WAIT WAIT - just saw the thread mark. I stand corrected.
He judged his own daughter's intelligence in his thread but okay.
If you take the worst possible view of the guy, then sure. EDIT!! I just saw the thread mark. I was wrong, I'm sorry.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
"I was just a 42 year old kid when I tweeted those racist messages."

I prefer my surgeries be performed by those with no formal education. I want my surgeon to have practiced the blade without any guidance.