• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you wear seatbelts?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 1,351 97.5%
  • Nah, I’m just like the guy in your story

Votes: 9 0.6%
  • Obligatory Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 26 1.9%

• Total voters

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Feels incredibly uncomfortable if I'm not wearing them, sometimes I"ll do it if I'm moving the car in the drive way or from the pump to the convenience store. Can't do it.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. I like living.

And I live that life in Florida, a place renown for the worst drivers in America

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Of course.

And for those who don't wear in the back seat, that means you could get launched through the windshield of the car and into oncoming traffic.

Jul 19, 2018
Seriously struggling with the selfish idiocy of those in this thread who don't wear them in the back seat. Fucking sort your shit out.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I like living. And also like not getting a ticket for not wearing one.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Driving/Front seat, 100% of the time. Back seat maybe 80%? I dont know why but I just forget sometimes. Never in highway though. A relative of mine is only alive because of a car accident a few months ago.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Of course lol it's a fucking car and cars are dangerous as all hell. Only a fool would think that they can get around just fine without a seatbelt.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
Literally put it on every time I go to sit in a car. We could stop to get fast food and eat it in the car and I'll put my seat belt on to eat the food lol.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
The only time I don't wear seatbelts is when I can't, usually when there Isn't any, like a bus, or the belt is broken/too short. Even then, I fashion some method to keep myself restrained in passenger vehicles not including buses.

Raskol

Sep 5, 2018
I was in an accident when I was younger in which I wasn't wearing a seat belt, and was very lucky to walk away with no significant injuries. Haven't ever made that mistake since.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Most modern cars are set to annoy you endlessly until you put the seatbelt on. Regardless I still wear one. I've seen what happens when a human face impacts the windshield. It's fucked, let me tell you.

Oct 27, 2017
Always. If they're stupid enough to not wear one then they're a prime target for Natural Selection taking them out of the gene pool. Fucking idiots.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
The only time I don't is when I'm in a taxi in China and the driver installed one of those stupid seat covers that literally make the seatbelt inaccessible.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Yes. Every single time I'm in a car regardless of whether I'm driving or not. Never understood why people refuse to and it's entirely stupid not to.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
I always wear my seatbelt.

That being said, I still had a friend stop my car from beeping when the seat belt is not being used, because fuck that noise, and fuck cars that do that.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Are there even any cars made anymore that don't constantly ding at you if you're driving without a seatbelt on? How do you stand it?

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Of course, always. Because physics doesn't give a shit about how cool you think you are.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
anigif_sub-buzz-1602-1564077575-1.gif

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly encountering people who refuse to wear seatbelts is probably more shocking to me than it would be to meet an alien. At least extraterrestrial life has a scientific basis.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
What kind of absolute moron doesn't wear a seat belt? Even during rebellious high school years everyone wore seatbelts.

The only possible justification is if someone is old enough to remember when wearing seatbelts wasn't common practice and even then they're morons for not wearing them.

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
I always wear it. I saw way too many gruesome deaths studying safety, and not wearing it's a really stupid reason to risk one's life. My family doesn't though, and I always have to ask them to, which is fucking tiring, not to mention they often just ignore me. My sister said God would protect her anyway so why wear it.

I still ask most people though, since I don't want to feel guilty in case something horrible happens nor do I want to be hit by their dumbass bodies in case it does.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
When I know I'm going to be driving over 30mph.

Yes it's stupid because most accidents happen near where you live.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
even my uncle who drove without a license for 5+ years, and would get behind the wheel after 6 beers, wore a seatbelt every time at least out of habit.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Yes, It takes no effort & lowers the chance of injury or death. To the people who don't wear them in the back seat, why don't you?

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
As someone who's almost 36, I think I had my first "I weep for the future" moment.

This isn't really a weep for the future moment seatbelt use has likely improved over time. We didn't always use them as a kid . My friend had a Porsche with none installed.
Luckily all my new cars beep annoyingly because its a weird habit to stifle I still forget at times .

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
Yes, always. Why wouldn't I? Same goes for anyone who gets in the car with me. We ain't leaving till they wear it.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
My spouse will freak out if he she even barely starts moving her car and somebody isn't wearing a seatbelt. It's just second nature to sit down and click it in.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or is nobody addressing the fact that not only does OP's friend not wear a seatbelt, but he was also holding a fucking red bull on the other hand?

OP's friend is a driving safety hazard.