• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you do the dishes after every meal?

• Yes; immediately after every meal

Votes: 183 45.3%
  • No; just one time per day

Votes: 108 26.7%
  • No; I do them the next day

Votes: 40 9.9%
  • No; I usually wait for the weekend

Votes: 33 8.2%
  • No; I do the dishes when the sink is full

Votes: 40 9.9%

• Total voters

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
My wife does the dishes immediately after a meal even if we're watching a TV show or something. Wait until it's finished! It's infuriating.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I wash up what I can as I cook and then finish the remaining dishes immediately after eating.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly. Sometimes during lunch and I'm in the middle of work I'll leave it till later that night.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Usually one big cleanup a day.

My TV is by the kitchen so I just watch a show while I do dishes.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I live alone n absolutely hate dishes. I use paper plates + plastic forks/spoons. I also ask the women im seeing in my life to do them for me when they come over. I've had my new place since feb and I've washed my own dishes 4-5 times. Every other time one of 5 others have done it.

Lol first dates must be awkward

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Am I weird in enjoying washing a full sink load of dishes? It's a good repetitive task to relax and listen to podcasts with.

Not at all. My SO also listens to podcasts or watch documentaries while doing the dishes. I myself enjoy following one of the many TV Shows I watch. There is something kind of meditative about it, but overall... Yeah I still hate doing the dishes ahah.

Last edited:

MatchaMouse

Mar 12, 2018
What counts as "doing the dishes"?
When I've lived without a dishwasher, I would hand wash everything once a day, unless there were a ton made (like on holidays) then I'd do two loads.

With a dishwasher, I load everything into the dishwasher right after each meal.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Nah, that's super inefficient. I do them while cooking the next day. Why waste time?

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
It depends on how many dishes I've got to clean.

If I made a big meal using lots of dishes, pans, etc, then I'll wash everything after I eat since I don't wanna have to deal with that shit later.

If I only have like one or two dishes, I'll rinse them off and do a full wash later when there's more stuff in the sink to clean. (We don't have a dishwasher at home)

Kylarean

Oct 25, 2017
Gig Harbor, WA
I put dishes in the dishwasher after eating. When it is full I run a cycle which comes out between 2 and 4 days depending on how many dishes the meal prep took.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I usually do all the dishes of the day after dinner. Or if a lot built up while I was at work I'll start putting dishes away while I make dinner

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I wash dishes only every 4-5 days, typically. I don't like doing it and I don't have a dish washer, so I do it as seldom as I can get away with.