• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you do the dishes after every meal?

• Yes; immediately after every meal

Votes: 183 45.3%
  • No; just one time per day

Votes: 108 26.7%
  • No; I do them the next day

Votes: 40 9.9%
  • No; I usually wait for the weekend

Votes: 33 8.2%
  • No; I do the dishes when the sink is full

Votes: 40 9.9%

• Total voters

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, not at all. Usually wash before the next cooking.

Unless I'm feeling like it.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Forget after the meal, I won't eat until all the cookware and dishes used in preparation are sparkling clean.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Every time unless it's a pan that needs to soak, I hate shit sitting in my sink.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Usually. When you wash by hand as I do it's a heck of a lot easier to clean a plate that doesn't have food that's dried on after a day or so.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Normal stuff goes in the dishwasher. Running it a lot more now that we're home full time.

I clean pots, pans, etc when dinner is done unless I can clean up while something is cooking.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My wife cooks, I do the dishes and clean the kitchen every night after dinner. I also do dishes throughout the day after breakfast and lunch as needed.

We use the dishwasher as much as possible as it's more efficient at using water, but some things I wash by hand (pots, pans, knives, etc.).

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I am not a pig. I do my dishes or at least put them in the dishwasher. They are getting cleaned nightly no matter the load.

Oct 29, 2017
I live alone n absolutely hate dishes. I use paper plates + plastic forks/spoons. I also ask the women im seeing in my life to do them for me when they come over. I've had my new place since feb and I've washed my own dishes 4-5 times. Every other time one of 5 others have done it.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
We put all our dishes into the dishwasher and run the dishwasher every other day or so when it fills up.

Using your dishwasher saves a TON of water vs. washing dishes individually by hand.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Yeah. We cook most of the time so whatever doesn't fit in the dishwasher gets hand washed. I absolutely abhor seeing dirty kitchens / messy homes so I definitely have it cleaned up within an hour of a meal.

Edit: Wait what the hell is this lmaooooo

I live alone n absolutely hate dishes. I use paper plates + plastic forks/spoons. I also ask the women im seeing in my life to do them for me when they come over. I've had my new place since feb and I've washed my own dishes 4-5 times. Every other time one of 5 others have done it.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I absolutely hate having dirty dishes anywhere in view, and wash them and put them away as soon as I'm done eating.

Samenamenick

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Manchester, NH
I'm militant about it. I'm the fastest eater, so I'm scooping up lefovers, condiments etc while everyone else is still eating. We use dishwasher, but my rule is to rinse everything under hot water before placed in there. Stuff is more or less clean when it goes in. Outside of soaking pans occasionally, I never want anything sitting in the sink. Ever

Just get it done and over with is my mantra.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much, unless I'm really tired and or too tipsy to care. But I'd say 90% of the time I make sure that everything is washed or put in the dishwasher and the sink/oven/counters are wiped clean.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Yes. It is absolute madness to not just do the dishes right there on the spot. What is the actual benefit of them building up in the sink or hanging around? Especially if you're doing meals for a family - which tends to generate a lot of things to wash. Dish build up only makes it 100x harder to do the dishes either by hand or by machine - you get overloaded and you lose the war.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
What the heck? Do people just store filthy dishes in their dishwashers for days?

I'm honestly curious. Dishwasher machines are not a thing in my country.

It's pretty common, yeah. People typically rinse their dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, so it's not quite as filthy as you imagine. But it's still dirty dishes sitting there for a few days sometimes.

Oct 27, 2017
I "do the dishes" as in stick them in the dishwasher after we're done eating. If the dishwasher is running, we just stick the dishes above it until it's done and emptied.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on what I made. Usually just a rinse and into the dishwasher. When the dishwasher is full I'll run it.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i wish i could leave them up to overnight but we have a fucking mouse problem that won't go away so i'm basically cleaning them as i eat, it's annoying

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Cleaning as you go will save you lots of time later. I try to never leave any dirty dishes in my sink overnight, but that's because when I do the roaches come out to party.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
No.

We have a double bowl sink in our kitchen so usually stuff gets rinsed and dropped into one side of the sink. Either later that day or the following day we clean them.

Oct 27, 2017
no, but i move around a lot, so i only own 2 sets of dishes at a time. that way i'm forced to wash them when i run out, but i can be lazy for a day at least if i need to, and i have just enough for a date just in case

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I try to. I like the dishes to be done and dealt with sooner rather than later. This was a point of conflict for me and my current partner because she is cool to just leave them all day. I always hand wash them too, despite having a dishwasher. I don't like waiting for it to be full enough to run, and as there's only two of us, it's quicker to just wash what we use after we used it

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I voted yes because 99% of the time, yep, after every meal. What I usually do is fill up the washing up bowl with very very hot water, drop everything in, eat my food, then once I'm done go wash the stuff that was soaking, wash the plates and cutlery used, and all is done.