• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's been said already, but they fact that he "doesn't want to sugarcoat it", yet by blocking it is doing exactly that is some ass backwards logic.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Silver lining, for the rest of his life people can refer to him as Genocide Denier Lindsay Graham.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
The Senate needs to rewrite it's rules so a single person can't hold things up like this.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Man, Erdogan has Trump et. al by the balls. He probably got a copy of peepee tape from Putin.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
remember all that bullshit Lindsay was talking about Turkey?

His phone call to nazi & friends on fox?

and now...

lol, the GOP broke the government.

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Uhh, is the BBC seriously "there is reasonable disagreement on this issue"-ing the Armenian Genocide?

The dispute about whether it was genocide centres on the question of premeditation - the degree to which the killings were orchestrated.

Many historians, governments and the Armenian people believe that they were, but a number of scholars question this.

Turkish officials accept that atrocities were committed but argue that there was no systematic attempt to destroy the Christian Armenian people. Turkey says many innocent Muslim Turks also died in the turmoil of war.

There was a time when the BBC's news division didn't suck absolute ass, right?

IMO the BBC's always had some issues with bias one way or another, but their problem as of late seems to be that they now both sides nearly everything in order to give the appearance of neutrality. Trouble is that they're doing this where one side is blatantly untrue or disingenuous, and by doing so they can give false narratives credibility.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
The more and more how we see how both the house and senate work in the favor of those who just happen to have a majority over the other seems like a staggering flaw in the way they are designed. The fact that one person on either side can block entire resolutions or votes from happening doesn't sit well with me.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
To think that there was a time when he was "the reasonable moderate GOP senator".

Fuck you Lindsay.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Disgusting, I've met a few Armenians jn my lige and all of them talk about the genocide, their granpas and grandmas that disappeared, the family members that fleed to other countries and that lost contact, etc etc etc. The senator referred to it as "sugarcoating history", what the fuck.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
He is truly despicable. What in the world has happened to this man.. it goes beyond selling your soul to the devil. We actually just watched the Conan Without Borders episode last night where he took Sona to Armenia.. a really powerful segment.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
So does that mean the official stance of the US is that the Armenian Genocide didn't happen? Holy shit.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit complicated but the intent is to protect states rights. Say every other state wanted to vote to say California has to pay all the taxes for the whole country. A California Senator could block it from being heard. Extreme example but still. They can be overruled but for something like this where it's not actual legislation there is no political will to do it.

Why not have that rule only if the vote is regarding their own state then?

The way it currently is seems a bit undemocratic.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Come on South Carolina vote this Fucker out for re-election I'm so tired of his stupid ass face, shitty arguments, and America should just go to war with everyone attitude.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think Kanye and Kim sleep in the same bed these days?

probably, but:

. . .

After years of rapping about and generally commenting on how important it was that his wife's body was sexy, it seemed that Kanye suddenly had an issue with Kim showing it off because it was affecting his "spirit" and "soul."

Let him tell it, "The corset, underwear, all of that vibe, I just feel like I went through this transition from being a rapper, looking at all these girls, and then looking at my wife like, 'Oh, my girl needs to be just like these other girls, showing her body off, showing this, showing that.'"

Before you scream in both irony and agony related to male entitlement, he kept going: "I didn't realize that that was affecting my soul and my spirit as someone that's married and loved, the father of what's about to be four kids. A corset is a form of underwear. It's hot. It's like, it's hot for who though?"

. . .

In response to his newly puritanical wardrobe concerns, Kim — who, by the way, had been planning this look for nearly a year — told her husband that his negativity was worsening her anxiety over the Met Gala. "The night before the Met, you're gonna come in here and say that you're not into a corset vibe? You're giving me really bad anxiety — what are you talking about?"

Kim went on to remind her husband that, as we've seen in past seasons of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians," "You built me up to be this sexy person and have confidence and all this stuff, and just because you're on your journey and you're on a transformation, doesn't mean that I'm in the same spot with you."

"You are my wife, and it affects me when pictures are too sexy," Kanye said. It ended with Kanye storming off in a diva fit and Kim accurately observing "That's absolutely ridiculous."

anyway, South Carolina realllly needs to abandon Lindsey Graham, a pathetic individual who has had a place of prominence at the table for far, far too long

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Wait so a single senator can block something like this? Am I missing something or is America just that fucked up?

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I went to university with a lot of Armenian students whose families immigrated to the US following the genocide. The church across the street from my school would hold a full week of events to educate and remember the genocide.

Many of them also vote R. I hope they have woken up after this news.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
www.politico.com

Lindsey Graham dishes on Trump in hoax calls with Russians

Graham thought he was speaking with Turkey’s minister of defense. Instead, it was a pair of Russian pranksters.

The substance of Graham's conversation with Stolyarov, who was posing as Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar, is newly relevant in light of the South Carolina senator's push for sanctions on Turkey as punishment for their offensive against the Kurds in northern Syria. Graham labeled the Kurds a "threat" to Turkey in the call, seemingly contradicting what he has said publicly in recent days.

Listen to that phone call in the link, cuz if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, etc.

probably, but:

anyway, South Carolina realllly needs to abandon Lindsey Graham, a pathetic individual who has had a place of prominence at the table for far, far too long

We're trying. Recent polling had it within single digits but ehhhhh

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I honestly want these republicans convicted and strung up. Televised.

Traitors to the last one.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, is the BBC seriously "there is reasonable disagreement on this issue"-ing the Armenian Genocide?

The dispute about whether it was genocide centres on the question of premeditation - the degree to which the killings were orchestrated.

Many historians, governments and the Armenian people believe that they were, but a number of scholars question this.

Turkish officials accept that atrocities were committed but argue that there was no systematic attempt to destroy the Christian Armenian people. Turkey says many innocent Muslim Turks also died in the turmoil of war.

There was a time when the BBC's news division didn't suck absolute ass, right?

looks like Cenk from TYT joined the BBC

Oct 27, 2017
It amazes me still that the secondary body within Congress (the house is meant to be the primary legislative body) wields so much more power than its counterpart. It's almost like this system of governance was created to disenfranchise those residing in populous areas, a significant portion of which are likely to be immigrants and minorities.