• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
www.bbc.com

Rare white giraffes killed by poachers in Kenya

Rangers found the carcasses of a female and her calf in a village in north-eastern Kenya.
Two extremely rare white giraffes have been killed by poachers in north-eastern Kenya, conservationists say.
Rangers had found the carcasses of the female and her calf in a village in north-eastern Kenya's Garissa County.
A third white giraffe is still alive. It is thought to be the only remaining one in the world, the conservationists added.
Their white appearance is due to a rare condition called leucism, which causes skin cells to have no pigmentation.
News of the white giraffes spread across the world after they were photographed in 2017.
------------------
The conservancy is in a vast unfenced area. There are also villages within the conservancy.
White giraffes were first spotted in Kenya in March 2016, about two months after a sighting in neighbouring Tanzania, the conservancy says on its website.
Some 40% of the giraffe population has disappeared in the last 30 years and poaching for meat and skin continues, according to the Africa Wildlife Foundation .
The population went from around 155,000 in 1985 to 97,000 in 2015, according to the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN).

Video from 2017:

www.youtube.com

Rare White Giraffe Discovered

Subscribe to Caters Clips: http://bit.ly/CatersClipsSubscribeSubscribe to StoryTrender: http://bit.ly/StoryTrenderSubscribe'---------------------------------...

www.nationalgeographic.com

Why These Giraffes Are Completely White

Spotted in Kenya, the adult and baby likely suffer from a genetic condition that isn’t albinism.

www.nytimes.com

Rare White Giraffes Cause a Stir in Kenya (Published 2017)

A conservancy captured video footage of the mother and child after a villager tipped off rangers.

LCSPPec.jpg

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This makes me so incredibly furious, and makes me want to say things that will absolutely get me banned, so I just won't.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they get uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *checks forum rules* to have a civil conversation with a lion on their next hunt so that they can learn about the beauty of all life and make a change in their lives.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I hope we have the technology to preserve and eventually clone these animals.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Let's just say I hope the wild life responds when they pull this shit again.

Fuck these people.

Kace

Feb 10, 2020
the system
The best story I've ever heard about poachers is the one where they went in to hunt rhinos but never came out and only their boots and guns were found around where a pride of lions normally roam.

I loved that one it cracks me up every single time.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
They legit look like 80s fantasy creatures.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck the people that are enabling poachers to do these things.

Trophies, "medicine" etc etc. Fucking trash.

Thorakai

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck poachers, but is this condition beneficial to giraffes at all or would it have been wiped out anyway because of the disadvantage in the wild? If the latter at least its better than a white tiger situation where they could be actively inbred for human entertainment.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck poachers, but is this condition beneficial to giraffes at all or would it have been wiped out anyway because of the disadvantage in the wild? If the latter at least its better than a white tiger situation where they could be actively inbred for human entertainment.

it's probably more of a danger from human poaches than anything in the wild

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They...killed 2 of an animal of which there were three in the entire world?

I don't want another ban so I won't describe what I think those poachers deserve.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
They have white fur so they must have some spacial magical powers, right?! Better kill them quick before the fur loses the magic!

Fuck those poarchers!

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Absolute scum. We have to address the root causes of why people feel they need to this. Is it poverty? Maybe they're just cunts.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how morally bankrupt you would have to be to look at that magical Studio Ghibli animal and decide you're going to kill it.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Well if a rabid, wild, dangerous animal is about to kill you dead, you have to defend yourself!

and everyone knows how fucking wild and dangerous fucking giraffes are man oh man

/S