• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
www.bbc.co.uk

US election: Being with Trump the day he lost

How the president who has never wavered dealt with defeat after four years in the White House.
Then we got back at the White House, the president went in through a side door, an entrance that presidents rarely use. His shoulders were slumped, and his head down.
He glanced over and saw me and the others in the press pool and gave us a thumbs-up. It was a half-hearted gesture; he did not raise his hand high or shake a fist, the way he often does.
Whether at the White House or at the golf club, the president has never wavered: he makes unsubstantiated claims about election fraud and insists he will be vindicated.
He tweeted in the morning about "illegally received" votes and by late afternoon he was declaring defiantly in all caps. "I WON THE ELECTION."

But that was Mr Trump on Twitter. The man I saw left a different impression. As he ducked into the side door of the White House in the late afternoon, the swagger was gone.

I don't think I've ever gone a whole day feeling nothing but schadenfreude.

Last edited:

Deleted member 83122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 15, 2020
It almost makes you feel bad. Oh wait, no it doesn't. It makes you feel real gooood paraphrasing my brother: "like doing the Sam Kinison laugh over the loud speaker at the superstore".

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
tea.gif

Oct 26, 2017
He's exactly like a house of cards. I've ever seen someone that relies so much on external validation, that he crumbles when none of it exists. It shows that he has zero self-esteem. Everything about this man is fake from top to bottom. His marriage is fake. His family is fake. His bravado/macho personality is fake. Everything that comes out of his mouth is fake. His hair is fake.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
A realistic take though is that I think he's finally realized that he as a person is legitimately disliked across the USA by anyone who isn't his supporter and seeing those huge amount of celebrations be it outside the White House or on the news which we all know he has on probably 24/7 is actually getting to him*. I don't expect him or any of his stupid family members to actually change at all despite this hate but this is probably a wake up call that's gonna eat him alive for the rest of his life lmao

Last edited:

TokyoJoe

Oct 28, 2017
A realistic take though is that I think he's finally realized that he as a person is legitimately disliked across the USA by anyone who isn't his supporter and seeing those huge amount of celebrations be it outside the White House or on the news which we all know he has on probably 24/7. I don't expect him or any of his stupid family members to actually change at all despite this hate but this is probably a wake up call that's gonna eat him alive for the rest of his life lmao

Agreed

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A realistic take though is that I think he's finally realized that he as a person is legitimately disliked across the USA by anyone who isn't his supporter and seeing those huge amount of celebrations be it outside the White House or on the news which we all know he has on probably 24/7. I don't expect him or any of his stupid family members to actually change at all despite this hate but this is probably a wake up call that's gonna eat him alive for the rest of his life lmao

He definitely drank his own kool aid. Bragging constantly about his crowd sizes and comparing them to Biden's purposefully limited crowds due to COVID was the sign that this deluded motherfucker really, truly, honestly believed that he was going to pick up something like 46+ states and 3x the voters than Biden. He actually, literally extrapolated his relative support to Biden based on those rally crowd sizes.

And now he gets to be painfully aware just how much of America cheers for his removal. America fired him and just maybe it has broken him.

Oct 27, 2017
While I have ZERO sympathy for the man and have been celebrating his defeat all day I do wonder, what kind of abuse did he have to deal with growing up? I imagine it was extreme and that he needed help that he never got.

That does make me sad.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Yeah like, it'd be dumb to expect Trump or his family to suddenly disappear or some shit. That's simply not going to happen. Neither is them changing or accepting how disliked they are. However, the reality is, we can all take in the fact that it's clear the message of how much people dislike him has likely been received and it's absolutely bothering him (according to this article, plus it's not hard to see when we saw those photos).

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
It amazes me how quick it feels like this shitbag is fading completely away after Biden won. Probably because everyday before felt like an eternity. Talk about leaving absolute zero of a legacy, nothing but shit.

Oct 26, 2017

I was going to try to argue that he's too insular to even think about people disliking him, but then I realize that he puts on the news 24/7 and they're pretty much either bashing his role as president, or showing people celebrating his removal from office. If he comes out of this broken, then good. He fucking deserves it.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
"Then we got back at the White House, the president went in through a side door, an entrance that presidents rarely use. His shoulders were slumped, and his head down.
He glanced over and saw me and the others in the press pool and gave us a thumbs-up. It was a half-hearted gesture; he did not raise his hand high or shake a fist, the way he often does."

The most delicious fucking food I've had in years.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Millions of people all across the world celebrating the most embarrassing failure of your entire life must really hurt, huh?

Good.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
He definitely drank his own kool aid. Bragging constantly about his crowd sizes and comparing them to Biden's purposefully limited crowds due to COVID was the sign that this deluded motherfucker really, truly, honestly believed that he was going to pick up something like 46+ states and 3x the voters than Biden. He actually, literally extrapolated his relative support to Biden based on those rally crowd sizes.

And now he gets to be painfully aware just how much of America cheers for his removal. America fired him and just maybe it has broken him.
Exactly. I don't even wanna give him the benefit of the doubt cause I absolutely don't expect it but it's clear that everything he's done led up to this moment and there's no one to blame. He knows he can twist it to all of his fanbase and they'll believe whatever bullshit he says. However, with todays absolutely amazing celebrations, he knows that we're on the side of the networks he hates. The ones that tell the truth and criticize him for everything he does. There's no way he can twist it to the larger part of America and guess what? Fucking good. The man who played such a huge part in making fun of people be it celebrities, politicians or regular people at his rallies got embarrassed on the biggest stage possible. He literally got clowned on across the world and people are HAPPY that he lost and fucking knows it. There is NO WAY that he doesn't.
I was going to try to argue that he's too insular to even think about people disliking him, but then I realize that he puts on the news 24/7 and they're pretty much either bashing his role as president, or showing people celebrating his removal from office. If he comes out of this broken, then good. He fucking deserves it.
Absolutely, look at my response above to someone else I quoted.

Oct 28, 2017
Giiiiiiiit fucked.

Zero sympathy. And the fact that he hasn't conceded (because of course he wasn't going to) and is Tweeting "I DIDNT LOSE!!" bullshit makes him not just unsympathetic, but dangerous.

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
To quote the vastly under known 1987 film Broadcast News: "Well I certainly hope you'll die soon."

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
The entire world literally celebrated this man's loss and its fucking delicious Lmao.

It gives me utter life knowing this fucko is gone.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
He's feeling a tiny percentage of the pain that he's inflicted on millions of people. We all hoped he'd develop some empathy after contracting covid, but he didn't.

I used to date a clinical psychologist - she told me that in cases of extreme sociopathy, the focus is not on treating the patient, but rather preventing the sociopath from harming society, If we have to break Trump's spirit so that he never hurts anyone again, so be it.