• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
It's not much of a surprise considering they said as much back in 2014 for Bayo 2. Didn't think Naive Angel was a Nintendo mandate specifically because of that.

The game isn't even out yet; I think we can cool it with alluding to spoilers for a upcoming game in an unrelated thread.

I'll go ahead and remove it

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
what's gonna take for these people to understand that Nintendo is, if anything, a bit too horny these days? full frontal nudity or something?

Funny enough, the one time Zelda got close was actually in good taste.

Great-Fairy-Twilight-Princess.png

Nintendo has had more than a few issues with representation at this point though. And doesn't seem to consistently care how they go about it. I dunno.

Great that Kamiya wasn't "bothered" to add the new mode. But while I think having different "horny/non-horny" modes doesn't really tackle the problem of over-sexualization in games, just band-aids it, I do like that more and more devs are really thinking about this angle.

0xe0x

Banned
Dec 23, 2021
After Madworld, which was 13 years ago, it's not really a surprise with how Nintendo is more lax with not-so-family-friendly game content.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who's actually been paying attention to Nintendo would've known that they didn't ask for that. Generally it's only NoA specifically who make such requests, and they only concern their own IPs like with Fire Emblem (mainline games or occasionally spin-offs like #FE, the latter which was inconsistent on what was and wasn't considered okay).

Otherwise, Sony are the only ones who insist on such changes from third-parties among console manufacturers, even when neither other first-parties nor ratings boards like the ESRB or PEGI do.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
People do realize that they gave up on most of their censorship views around...oh the release of MK 2 and have been less censor happy than Sony since at least 2001.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Naive Angel mode is for the people who thought it was Nintendo's idea.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Can't believe people still think like this lol. Like, it's still the 90s and they just haven't been paying attention for the last few... decades now?

Ignore the fact that it's Sony who have been notably more strict on things.

Ignore the fact that Nintendo have been super horny when it makes sense to be.

"Nintendo is 4 teh kidz because Celda."

:|

As soon as Nintendo learned there was money to be made from lewd they were on board.

Anko

Oct 26, 2017
YuriLand
Imagine being this worried about losing their digital boobs that they need constant reassurances. That an option to turn it off threatens them. I hate this world.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Luckily Japanese devs don't care about PC woke California culture so they don't have to compromise their artistic vision. How else would we get daring and experimental direction and character designs like these? Truly elevated art.
God damnit, I was so close to reporting you.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Nintendo is quite open to let the developers fulfill their vision, and surprisingly that includes a lot of potential lewdness.

I guess it's ok to have a choice in Bayo 3, and proof is that the angel mode wasn't enforced on platinum.

So the morons can shut up about censorship. (they won't)

A month ago, I bought a gay visual novel on the eshop, and while the visuals were keeping it erotic, the actual texts were super descriptive and very - not censored.

Also Mario has the cutest nipples.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Yes, now re-reconfirmed again for Bayo3.
this didn't need to be re-confirmed though and why is this even news. it shouldn't be a question worth asking at this point even.

It's not much of a surprise considering they said as much back in 2014 for Bayo 2. Didn't think Naive Angel was a Nintendo mandate specifically because of that.
too many people's brains are stuck in 1990 still.

There were quite a few people on the board whining "BuT cEnSoRsHiP!!!" and blaming Nintendo for "not portraying the creator's true work" when the mode first appeared.
can we name them? I want to openly shame and laugh at them over how dumb this is.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Tragically true. Anyone expecting Nintendo to fix Bayonetta was always going to be disappointing because this was the Platinum franchise, of all their possible franchises, they chose to shepherd. It's salted earth at this point.

Hardly when many consider Bayo 2 to be an improvement on the first.

In my opinion it wipes the floor with all the most recent character action games from other Japanese pubs.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe people still think like this lol. Like, it's still the 90s and they just haven't been paying attention for the last few... decades now?

Ignore the fact that it's Sony who have been notably more strict on things.

Ignore the fact that Nintendo have been super horny when it makes sense to be.

"Nintendo is 4 teh kidz because Celda."

:|

As soon as Nintendo learned there was money to be made from lewd they were on board.
You can actually accurately guess someone's age when they complain about this

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Feels weird that people would make this connection after Bayonetta 2. I guess they never heard the quote on Link's costume before?

The new "censored" mode is actually great because it allows you to choose. If there was actual censorship the mode wouldn't need to exist.

Hesdry

Oct 28, 2017
Brasil
"Fix" lmfao. Just say you're insecure about the sexual tone of the game.

I don't know about the other user, but I HATE hypersexualization in any media. For me, it is a cancer that should all be fixed. But, yeah, I know that in the product I like it is not to please a teenager at the height of her hormones, it is for the "empowerment" and "for her own enjoyment" of a digitally created character.

elbageluno

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2022
I don't know about the other user, but I HATE hypersexualization in any media. For me, it is a cancer that should all be fixed. But, yeah, I know that in the product I like it is not to please a teenager at the height of her hormones, it is for the "empowerment" and "for her own enjoyment" of a digitally created character.

Yep, glad you agree that it's empowering and that your post totally isnt a thinly veiled insult to the games and the people who enjoy them :)

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
I believe it.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 on the Switch is the uncut version that has more costumes and things that you can do… the PS4 version is the cut version. Nintendo is more open to things being on the console.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I believe it.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 on the Switch is the uncut version that has more costumes and things that you can do… the PS4 version is the cut version. Nintendo is more open to things being on the console.
Sort of. The original PS4 and Vita versions of Xtreme 3 were uncut, but the Scarlet version on PS4 is not.

Your point still stands, though.