• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Platform: Nintendo Switch | Genre: Climax Action | Release Date: TBA | ESRB Rating: TBA | Publisher: Nintendo Co., Ltd. | Developer: PlatinumGames Inc. | © Nintendo © SEGA Published by Nintendo

www.platinumgames.com

BAYONETTA 3 | PlatinumGames Inc. Official WebSite

The official website of PlatinumGames Inc., developer of NieR:Automata, the Bayonetta series, ASTRAL CHAIN and more! We develop games of a wide range of genres, from the Japanese fantastical combat of World of Demons to the free-form of shooting SOL CRESTA.

For the past 2 years it only had SEGA has copyright holder. Spotted by EatChildren.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Remembering when it was announced some people assumed it would come to PC because the old copyright. Guess this puts a damper on that?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Interesting, I kind of assumed that was always the case. I didn't realize it was ever presented otherwise.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is basically just making it identical to how Bayonetta 2's page lists it but the fact that they updated at all may imply we're going to be hearing about it real soon.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Wonder if they'll show it soon then. Feels like it's been ages since they talked about it.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Not really surprised given what Kamiya has said about the game. At least we don't have to hear people claim that Nintendo doesn't own part of this game now.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I unironically am fully expecting to see Bayo 3, SMT V, and BotW2 in the next Direct, just based on the various things we've heard.

I'm sure this won't lead to disappointment at all.

I just want Bayo 3 and the seemingly inevitable Nier: Automata port for double Platinum Climax on the go.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
That still won't stop people from claiming that it will come to other consoles or that Nintendo has no say to the game lol.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's been known for a long time, kamiya said it on twitter. i guess they never got around to fixing it on their website until now.

screenshot2020-03-13ah9jz4.png

That still won't stop people from claiming that it will come to other consoles or that Nintendo has no say to the game lol.
lol, 100%

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pouring one out for the homies that wasted all that internet juice on theories even though people kept explaining the situation to them.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Pouring one out for the homies that wasted all that internet juice on theories even though people kept explaining the situation to them.
What I never understood was if Platinum was supposed to buy out the IP from both Nintendo and Sega, or just Nintendo so that Sega could then publish the game on multiple platforms.

Because both are equally absurd claims but no one was clear on which one they meant when they insisted a PS4 port for Bayo 3 was on the way.

Deleted member 51982

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
it's been known for a long time, kamiya said it on twitter. i guess they never got around to fixing it on their website until now.

screenshot2020-03-13ah9jz4.png

lol, 100%
Yeah, I think it's just the website being updated. Still curious what's going on with The Wonderful 101. Nintendo isn't in the legal line for Remastered, but they still couldn't comment on the ownership in the most recent Gamexplain interview at PAX.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
People thought it was coming to PC? From the get go it was stated that Nintendo was funding it like they did for 2. Sega still owns the character Bayonetta so that is why they are there.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth, a lot of us weren't necessarily suggesting it was going multiplatform, so much as the oddity of the legal information not accurately reflecting what Kamiya and co were saying, and why. The argument of "but Kamiya
said so" should take lower priority to the legal fineprint publically scrawled on official pages, hence the confusion as to literally not a single piece of Bayonetta media listing Nintendo as a copyright holder, yet listing SEGA exclusively, compared to the Bayonetta 2 situation.

As I noted earlier though, I wonder if it was updated as an observed oversight, or because media shown so far (logo and CGI teaser) all did technically belong to SEGA, not Nintendo. And if we're on the fringe of the actual game itself being shown, now Nintendo being noted as a copyright holder is relevant.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People thought it was coming to PC? From the get go it was stated that Nintendo was funding it like they did for 2. Sega still owns the character Bayonetta so that is why they are there.
true, but for the past 7 (?) years some people keep insisting bayonetta is still fully sega's property and they can do whatever they want with it, therefore thinking 2 (and 3) will eventually come to other platforms.
some people just don't know (or pretend they don't know) the difference between IP ownership and game ownership, and how licensing and publishing deals/etc work.

Aug 12, 2019
I mean, after The Wonderful 101 Remastered, they probably needed to do this to communicate that Bayonetta 3 is definitely a Nintendo exclusive. I've definitely seen some people desperately hoping for Bayonetta 2 and 3 based upon W101R, but they just don't get that The Wonderful 101 just bombed that badly it seems.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Nice. If we got this and Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Remakester in each of the next three quarters I'd be a happy camper.

Deleted member 51982

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
For what it's worth, a lot of us weren't necessarily suggesting it was going multiplatform, so much as the oddity of the legal information not accurately reflecting what Kamiya and co were saying, and why. The argument of "but Kamiya
said so" should take lower priority to the legal fineprint publically scrawled on official pages, hence the confusion as to literally not a single piece of Bayonetta media listing Nintendo as a copyright holder, yet listing SEGA exclusively, compared to the Bayonetta 2 situation.

As I noted earlier though, I wonder if it was updated as an observed oversight, or because media shown so far (logo and CGI teaser) all did technically belong to SEGA, not Nintendo. And if we're on the fringe of the actual game itself being shown, now Nintendo being noted as a copyright holder is relevant.
I'd be willing to bet it's the latter and if the website is up to date, it still raises questions about The Wonderful 101.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i hope if the game shows up in the upcoming direct, it's not too far off from release. hopefully august like astral chain.

Nice. If we got this and Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Remakester in each of the next three quarters I'd be a happy camper.
and paper mario and/or metroid. if these happen it's gonna be switch's best year yet imo.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... We've known for ages what the deal was, Kamiya explained it on Twitter. I'm surprised people still wait for a PC port of both 2 and 3...

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Kamiya said it a while ago...

it's only the people who didn't want to believe that thought otherwise