• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
Keep checking Amazon UK for Bayonetta 3.

Ready to pre order. It looks amazing 👌👌

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'm unsure about with the UI is seeing every enemy's health bar at all times. I'll get used to it but I liked the main visual indicator being battle damage.

Dastidood

Oct 27, 2017
Big Flashy boss battles with (prolly) no real substance to them deep down..
Crap mini games are back never left...
Changing into demon forms appears to be the new gimmick... Hopefully it's on the fly...
The only thing I'm unsure about with the UI is seeing every enemy's health bar at all times. I'll get used to it but I liked the main visual indicator being battle damage.
I think its only for the mini-bosses / larger enemies...

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Am I crazy or was the colour theme originally going to be green? Was it always purple? I thought the original was red, the sequel was blue and this was going to be green.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
I just... continue to think this franchise is really embarrassing at best and sexist at worst. I just don't get it.
There's just not a lot of games like it is all, it occupies a very unique space. Most 3D Action games tend to lean in on RPG mechanics, stuff like this in and Devil May Cry are part of a rare breed of "pure" 3D action games with little to no RPG mechanics.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, managed to get the LE pre-ordered at GS no problem. Super glad this was easy after hearing how hard it was for the Xenoblade 3 LE.

Aug 12, 2019
Yeah, I've also got a pre-order for the physical edition of the first game and the Limited Edition. I had a family member stop by GameStop since I can't and put down deposits on both titles. Bayonetta 1 rang up as $29.99 and the Bayo 3: Trinity Masquerade Edition rang up as $89.99 and that would generally fit. Seems to be working in quite a few places, so I'd suggest people see if they can go that route.

Fingers crossed this preorder sticks and the nightmare of XC3 is avoided for most people.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's no denying it looks like a mid budget PS3 game. That doesn't mean it looks bad strictly speaking. But it very obviously looks out of date. And that is no surprise since the hardware it is running on is generally weaker than a PS3.
You've often said some controversial things in the past but I've never known you to straight up lie

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people get defensive when others say they don't like the visuals of a game? A lot of my complaints are art design, but surely that's subjective enough to not bother anyone?

Other than that it's the inconsistency. Some stuff looks detailed, and then there's that spider. Oof.

IMO art has been getting worse since the original. That one had the most cohesive visual aesthetic, and I much prefer some of those locations to these. That game seemed fancy and slick. This doesn't seem so fancy.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like they're going the DMC route of multiple character with different play styles in the main campaign instead of just bonus characters with little twists on Bayo's moveset

I still hope we get Jeanne and Rosa back though 😭

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people get defensive when others say they don't like the visuals of a game? A lot of my complaints are art design, but surely that's subjective enough to not bother anyone?

Other than that it's the inconsistency. Some stuff looks detailed, and then there's that spider. Oof.

IMO art has been getting worse since the original. That one had the most cohesive visual aesthetic, and I much prefer some of those locations to these. That game seemed fancy and slick. This doesn't seem so fancy.

Art is personal, whether you create it or enjoy it. So if someone likes a thing and someone else says it looks ugly, why do think there won't be a follow up response?

I often get the impression that negative reception is the only sentiment worth being expressed. That somehow the negative take, rather than the positive, is the only valid critical look. Often times exploring what makes a piece of art good is more effective than pointing out the faults. It's encouraging to hear the positives and demoralizing to only hear the negatives.

Nov 7, 2017
Im coming around on this after watching a few more times. They have a few interesting ideas. strange they havent shown any weapons besides the guns and that Gomorrah cannon or whatever it is . The story seems like dumb fun, and theres a few slight indications that they could have made the normal bayo combat back more to the bayo 1 side which would be nice for a bloody palace

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
Definitely getting this day one, but something about it kind of seems off? Maybe a little slower? Will probably have to actually play it to get a feel of the action. But I'm definitely not as hype.

Viola's design looks...uninteresting. I don't like any of the blue. It's going to be hard playing with anyone that's not Bayonetta.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Definitely getting this day one, but something about it kind of seems off? Maybe a little slower? Will probably have to actually play it to get a feel of the action. But I'm definitely not as hype.

Viola's design looks...uninteresting. I don't like any of the blue. It's going to be hard playing with anyone that's not Bayonetta.
I bet she is Bayonetta. ;) (No I don't know for sure but y'know... Cheshire summon...)

Oct 26, 2017
Feeling really pissed off about this. Just found out the UK pre orders for the trinity edition came and went with only a tweet. Missed it and now my only option is to pay £200 to a scalper on eBay.

It's put me in such a foul mood that I kinda don't want to buy the game now.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Do we even know what's in the collector's edition yet?
I heard something about it containing physical copies of all three games but don't think that's been confirmed?

Slair

Oct 27, 2017
Feeling really pissed off about this. Just found out the UK pre orders for the trinity edition came and went with only a tweet. Missed it and now my only option is to pay £200 to a scalper on eBay.

It's put me in such a foul mood that I kinda don't want to buy the game now.

Same, the pre orders came and went as I was driving to work.

I've never missed a preorder for a collectors edition of game I wanted when it's been on multiple stores but when it's store exclusive the scalpers run absolutely fucking riot and it's still gone even when you've got it in your basket.

Store exclusive editions need to get to fuck.

Oct 26, 2017
Same, the pre orders came and went as I was driving to work.

I've never missed a preorder for a collectors edition of game I wanted when it's been on multiple stores but when it's store exclusive the scalpers run absolutely fucking riot and it's still gone even when you've got it in your basket.

Store exclusive editions need to get to fuck.

Tempted to buy from a scalper on eBay and then say it never arrived…

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For any Swedish users, the Trinity Masquerade Edition is available to preorder now on Inet. Got my order in smoothly. I presume it'll be listed on Webhallen eventually as well.