• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Looks pretty good, might even give this a try even though I'm not like a HUGE huge character action guy. Wonder if I should play Bayo 1 and 2 first, though.

You should, they're excellent action games and play more or less like this 3rd chapter, from what we've seen.

Jan 11, 2018
It def looks way, WAYYY better to me in the solo trailer released after the show compared to the direct. The direct feed footage def gave me some sub 720p fuzzy footage vibes. Not sure what resolution the game will be played at, or why the direct feed looks much worse, all I know for sure is this trailer looks better than then direct footage, if you havn't seen it, watch this:

edit:
Also I'll say I still think Bayonetta 2 looks better, but at least I don't feel like I'm viewing Bayonetta 3 underwater with googles on anymore.

Yeah, this certainly looks better than in the direct.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
lol Kamiya's been on Twitter all day retweeting Bayo fanart and giving people shit for misspelling Platinum Games' Japanese name. King.

E4VKcnBUUAoID0p

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
I have never managed to get into Bayonetta, so I'm not a fan. Still, some of y'all are being way too harsh on the visuals. Gameplay looked especially decent.

Wtf were some of you expecting from the Switch? From the comments here, I went into the trailer expecting utter garbage lol.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
xtd7M09.png

She looks so good. I can't believe we finally cyberbullied Nintendo into letting Platinum show her.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
as long as it runs at close to 60 I really dont have about the environments. They've never been amazing to begin with, and it this is a more open world that before some sacrifices will be made. This is the Switch after all.

I don't know... The environments were quite beautiful and colourful in Bayo 2, even if they were linear in nature.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Rewatching the trailer just to focus on Queen B dancing while her summons do the fighting. She looks like she's having such a great time.

Fliep

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
Thought the enemy design was pretty boring, I want to smash crazy angel faces and not some goo monsters. But besides that I am pretty hyped. Since launch of switch this is my most anticipated game...took them long enough.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I like what I'm seeing but we only got a glimpse of the same level it seems. I'm expecting the final game to go into crazy directions.
And I'll join some others in this thread: it will definitely be fine graphically but it makes me wonder how much the hardware is limiting the team's vision.

Anson225

Oct 26, 2017
I've tried Bayo 1 many years ago and didn't quite like it. On the other hand Astral Chain is one of my favorite games - should I give Bayo 1+2 a try based on my impressions with AC?

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
xtd7M09.png

She looks so good. I can't believe we finally cyberbullied Nintendo into letting Platinum show her.

The design is a bit messy ? Its all black on black on black.

I'm not sure I can see the details of her new hair. Her twin braids go under her armpit, knot in her lower back and keep going down to her heels ?

Her skirt is made of hair, another material ? Is it wore over her skinsuit or is it part of it ?

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what to say, but this looks bad.
It nearly kills my hype for the game.
Might be too early to judge. Will wait for more gameplay to judge and determine whether to buy DAY ONE in 2022.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I've tried Bayo 1 many years ago and didn't quite like it. On the other hand Astral Chain is one of my favorite games - should I give Bayo 1+2 a try based on my impressions with AC?
You'll probably get varied answers to this. I love Bayo 2, have really enjoyed Astral Chain but I was never really convinced by Bayo 1, it felt outdated when I played it and they made stupid design decisions like insta-kill QTE that kills the flow of the game.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
She looks younger here for some reason.
I really liked her Bayonetta 2 design with the pixie cut.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
What games would that be? Don't say Nier Automata. I already mentioned Astral Chain. Wonderful 101 was their peak.
Two of their best reviewed and recieved titles in their catalogue released in the last few years(Nier, Astral). So I don't get this weird narrative that they lost their way or something. They generally never miss with their big titles.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the monster summoning thing looked cool. Controlling the monsters like that will be fun. It's the primary reason I want to see more as I never got into the series before.

Terranigma

Oct 27, 2017
I can't understand why for pretty much every switch reveal there's a debate "omg it looks worst than its predecessor", this has happened so many times.
Anyhow, the game looks great, I have no doubts on Platinum, I just hope that the kaiju mechanic doesn't make it much easier.
Pretty much the standard response for many since the Wii era, some still can't get over the fact Nintendo bowed out of the tech arms race.
Can't recall any game unveil/announcement where this hasn't happened with.

Anson225

Oct 26, 2017
You'll probably get varied answers to this. I love Bayo 2, have really enjoyed Astral Chain but I was never really convinced by Bayo 1, it felt outdated when I played it and they made stupid design decisions like insta-kill QTE that kills the flow of the game.
ah okay thanks, maybe I should just get the 1+2 edition to give it another try

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
Why is Bayo so tiny?
08.jpg

FAAar_bVQAgB40H

Some really weird proportions here.
There was a dev blog post during the making of Bayo 1 which explained how they needed to significantly scale up the environments to allow the camera to keep track of Bayo's crazy mobility. It works great for the grand cathedrals and fantasy setting of the first 2 games. Not so much when she's on a regular-ass real world train.

Mar 23, 2018
I believe they're pulling a Kojima-MGS2 Snake here. All of the logos for the game imply some kind of split

wouldn't like the game to focus on big kaiju-esque battles

Bayo started on 360 and it's ending on a Switch. I agree with the art style looking more boring and duller, but if someone was expecting DMC V visuals while maintaining 60FPS… The day MP4 shows up, if it's aiming for 60, it's going to be a 100page thread similar to this one

Jan 11, 2018
I can't understand why for pretty much every switch reveal there's a debate "omg it looks worst than its predecessor", this has happened so many times.
Anyhow, the game looks great, I have no doubts on Platinum, I just hope that the kaiju mechanic doesn't make it much easier.

For me it's mostly due to art direction. The enemy designs are way below what they've done in the past, and the city looked drab as can be. I'm sure there are way more interesting enemies and locales in the game, but for now I'm just judging what I've been shown. This is the only first party Switch game that I thought looked worse than it's predecessor personally, but thats just me.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Since people keep thinking that Bayo 2 on WiiU looks better than Bayo 3...here are some comparison shots. All from Nintendo's official website. Nostalgia is one helluva drug.

Bayo 2
tkanNtZTE6NKuIJvKRmPcdP5WAJuve0n

screenshot02

screenshot04

Bayo 3
21somirentbu-serb-660x370.png

9awpmver-v-660x370.png

1ejowatiuess-660x370.png

I'm not trolling when I say this, but I do think Bayo 2 looks better here.

It's not so much about sharpness of detail, but more so the colours and overall look is better in 2.

The drab colours in 3 aren't helping, but then again, the trailer only focused on one area of the game, so it's not really a fair comparison even if I'm still preferring the art direction for 2 atm.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Judging by the trailer it looks like they're continuing to move int he big setpieces direction they went in with Bayo 2.
I loved the actual regular character action gameplay of the first game. It was soo good!
I Bayo 2 it felt like you hardly fought regular enemies. Feltl ike you almost couldn't take a step without getting thrown into huge setpieces like special battles.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
User Warned: Platform Warring
Era is a PlayStation centric forum. Naturally there's gonna be a lot of bitterness and toxicity from their fans.

LDigital

Oct 27, 2020
Everyone needs to relax. It was a small slice of gameplay and it's months out from release. There will be tons of locations.
I was a bit taken back by the redesign. She went from schoolteacher milf in 2 to I don't know what. It's not bad but feels like a pre bayo1 style

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
the reason she looks younger might have to do with the first trailer of the game. she dies in that trailer and is reborn here.

Kimbou

Jan 22, 2021
Finally, I'm hype! The visuals threw me off for a sec, very non-Bayo environments but I'm still intrigued. I'm impressed we got gameplay footage (always prefer that to CGI-only). Looks maybe abit rough at times but there's time to smoothen things up.

Also, is Bayo less... risque when summoning this time around? I feel she's covered up more than expected lol.

Mib

Nov 16, 2017
The shadow is exactly the same right down to the peaks of the wings.
Is it pixel to pixel accurate no because its a new texture but it absolutely is the same design.

Her hairstyle?
Really we gonna say Cereza has been wearing the same hairstyle for however many years?

The odd coloring of her weave atttacks is probably the biggest clue this is a different character.
The left one has Madama Butterfly's pronged demonic head, while the right is a stylized insect head with antennas.
latest
Jean's shadow is also identical aside from the head (Madama Styx has a ringed head), so it's not a stretch to assume it's a different demon.

yoonshik

Oct 26, 2017
Bayonetta 3
01.jpg

03.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Bayonetta 2
screenshot01

BYT2_scrn_02.jpg

BYT2_scrn_14.jpg

009.jpg

large.jpg

For those saying the game looks worse than Bayo2. No, it doesn't. We barely saw anything.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Two of their best reviewed and recieved titles in their catalogue released in the last few years(Nier, Astral). So I don't get this weird narrative that they lost their way or something. They generally never miss with their big titles.
I personally think that Nier Automata is overated (I prefer the first game) and the combat is nowhere as good as in older Platinum Games games. Also that game is 4,5 years old now ...