• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mercury_Sagit

Aug 4, 2020
What I wonder is the guy at the end of the trailer. I guess he's the main antagonist this time, judging by the blood moon and the ominous music.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Original 'Bayo 1' Bayo getting literally split in half in the teaser and now, when the finalized Bayo 3 logo appears, crescent moons are on both sides of the 3.

We got ourselves a weird one! That's Punished Jeanne at the end.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
The new design really doesn't vibe with me after Bayo 1 and 2... I think it's the hair. The Cereza hairstyle isn't exactly my cup of tea... but that's easily fixable if there are alternative skins as in previous games.

The VA is what bothers me the most, its like she's trying to have Hellena's sass, but the new VA doesn't get the delivery right... I hope it will grow on me with time, the new VA does deserve a chance after all.

Gameplay is different from previous games, but that's not always a bad thing.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
This is the only place on the internet where people are being so ridiculously negative about this reveal. Reading this thread is mind boggling.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really a Bayo fan, but I thought it showed some interesting mechanics. A lot of possibilities of situational tactics; what would be really cool is to "tag team" combos with the monsters.

Visually though, oof. It really looked like a PS3-era game. But also the visual aesthetic was so drab. Bayo is supposed to be about glam. They seem to be in Tokyo and yet despite how colorful that city is, they just made it seem like a grim skyscraper wasteland. Perhaps they did it to make Bayo stand out, but I think you can do both.

Pixel_Stream

Oct 28, 2017
was about to say why Astral Chain looked graphically way more impressive, but that runs at 30 fps versus bayos 60 so it makes sense they scaled down on bayo 3s fidelity

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The framerate and bland color palette really stand out. I may wait for a next gen port to Nintendo's next system if it's at all close to that in the final build.

The different voice is okay, but like others said, it may be a different Bayo.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
That is uh…a really rough trailer to watch after like two days worth of playing Kena. Or ever having played DMC5. 😅
Also the premise is weird, like that's clearly the little girl from the first game why they tryna hide it?

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
You know I'm really glad they seem to be toning it down with the sex appeal. I mean it's still there, but she doesn't have to get naked every time she summons demons.

This is especially cool because if they kept things the same while going for a younger, more Cereza-like Bayo that'd get reeeeeeal skeevy reeeeeeally fast.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I only saw the end of the Direct and thought the military dudes and drab environment were going to be a fakeout and Kirby was going to show up and eat the monster.

Happy the fans finally got proof of life.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, people here need to be happy about little things in life.

Like Bayo 3 re-reveal woooooo! Going to sleep now.

Oct 25, 2017
People are talking about the Kaiju battles but to me this:

U4P8v8d.gif

Is a bigger red flag. It feels way too stiff and restrictive for Bayonetta.
Uhh, I disagree. If anything that makes me feel better about the game. I was worried it'd be all wide open areas so you can use the summons . But you can see there that the summons are crossed out so gives me some relief that there will be variety.

poncle

Oct 28, 2017
London
I liked the trailer but the mood felt a bit off. Rewatching it knowing this isn't really the same character makes a huge difference.
Wouldn't be surprised if this is yet another giant fake out and this is just a portion of the game where you control young/alternate Cereza. She's just way too different from Bayo, are they really going to change the mood of the whole game so much? I hope not, but since Hellena hasn't been called to do voice acting...

This character seem to just summon demons rather than dragging them from hell with her hair (so she also stays with her clothes on) and her contract seem with a different demon than all the ones we've seen so far (Butterfly, Styx, Kephri - Bayo, Jeanne, Rosa). I need more LORE please.

I'll worry about the combat when we'll get a trailer with more of it rather than just big set pieces.

The only thing I don't like is the lack of color, I get that most of the fight is happening in some kind of greenish bubble, but I loved the bright colors of Bayo2 and was really counting on seeing more. Also the urban environment is a big no-no, but might be worth for the scyscraper ride, hope the other stages are more inspired.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't look like Bayonetta. Her daughter? Alt Universe Bayo? Also seems like she kind of plays like V from DMC5.
It's most likely the older version of child Bayo from 1. She has the same hair and our Bayo is most like dead based on the old teaser, cut in half by Vergil from the Devil May Cry series

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy

This image is hilarious. Why is Bayonetta so short!?

For same reasons doors and ceiling are huge in the first Max Payne, they are trying to let you see something while fighting in small spaces. Not saying that make the characters looks small in comparison to the environment is the best strategy but it's one of them.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Oh no, the the voice seems different and the combat has that lightweight Bayonetta 2 quality where the Wicked Weaves don't seem to hit hard enough.

Also the hair and outfit are a significant downgrade from Bayonetta 2.

Fuck. 😭

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
This is the only place on the internet where people are being so ridiculously negative about this reveal. Reading this thread is mind boggling.

To be fair most of the internet is pretty dumb.

IMO once you get past the surprise factor of actually seeing Bayo3 the trailer itself is mostly just OK, and technically it clearly looks rough.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all it's a character action game with a ton of shit happening on screen that needs to run at 60fps on a last-gen tablet.

What were you expecting? It looks pretty great all things considered.

Deleted member 22465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dang, as someone who didn't really play the first two games, why the hate?

People here are annoyed that after 4 years of silence, Bayonetta 3 didn't look like some early PS4 game, even though:

1- The game is on the outdated (imo) Switch and expecting better visuals than what they showed today will always be impossible with the current Switch hardware

2- The game has gone through a rough development (even before covid) and (probably) being restarted at some point, and that's not even taking into account all the bad moves PlatinumGames have made in the past couple of years, like the kickstarter fiasco, going self publishing, trying to work on too many projects at once, director Hashimoto (Bayonetta 2) leaving, getting dropped from the Granblue RPG, the Babylon's Fall fiasco, etc.

So yeah, the game looked good for what it is, could it be better? Definitely, but this is what we have to deal with the current state of PlatinumGames, and until Nintendo decides to show any form of new hardware improvements on their next Switch revision/next gen console

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
i constantly am reminded and thankful that I am not like so many of yall on this place.

Every single game reveal is so miserable around here to the point I wonder if I am crazy lol...go elsewhere and see that people are still hype.

Yall are so jaded lol.

Thought this looked great. Obviously could use some sprucing up and there is more to see...but here we have people acting like they know everything there is about the game...and that this is the final product. For a place that claims to be the epicenter of gaming discourse....so many seem to not grasp how game dev works and are prime candidates as to why it took so long for this to reappear.
Now look I get it....to each their own and thats fine but holy shit the ps2 comps and the frame rate complaints and the negative theorizing the the game is just going to be kaiju fights...i don't get that at all.

is it just not so subtle console warrior shit? Because I swear some of yall can't even feel joy any more without nitpicking everything.

Bu-but its better than a circle jerk doe I guess.

i cannot deal with all of the negativity anymore.

I'm annoyingly positive 99% of the time, I resent that!

Seriously, though, the new Bayonetta 3 trailer is different from the prior games in tone/gameplay/art direction/original English VA -- it's a surprise. I don't think people are being negative for the sake of it, just trying to process it.

And I have a Switch -- which I love -- so it's not a dang console warrior thing.

OK, I'm open to change and I appreciate that they're trying to change things. This is obviously some alternate timeline shenanigans with a different, younger Cereza, but I hate that all the style, the personality, the camp that made the series what it was is gone. The character, her voice, her lines, the music, the enemy designs, where did all the style and personality go?? Gameplay-wise, controlling summons is cool but everything looks so slow. It seems like they're trying to make the series more accessible and are killing its identity in the process.

Bayonetta went from drag queen to J-Pop idol.

Well said! I'm not seeing all the aspects that initially made me fall in love with the franchise, so I'm surprised and disappointed. (The only aspect remaining is the crazy attention to detail in Bayo's outfit, gorgeous.) If the game turns out great, that's fantastic. I'm genuinely happy to be wrong. I'm just let down by the recent trailer at present.

Also I have a lot of The 3rd Birthday trauma, lol. I'd rather be playing as adult Bayonetta than alt-Cereza.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Three moons, three generations...

Bayo's mother...Bayo...and in the center now, full moon - Bayo's daughter, reminiscent of her mother as she looks similar to Bayo and Cereza (her younger self) .

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
For same reasons doors and ceiling are huge in the first Max Payne, they are trying to let you see something while fighting in small spaces. Not saying that make the characters looks small in comparison to the environment is the best strategy but it's one of them.

I know i know. I was being flippant. I often take the JR train, so imagining it is funny.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
was about to say why Astral Chain looked graphically way more impressive, but that runs at 30 fps versus bayos 60 so it makes sense they scaled down on bayo 3s fidelity

Astral Chain ran at dynamic resolution 720-900p (Docked) with a lot of aliasing @ 30fps-ish. Id say Switch holds it back, but Nier was kind of rough too.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
www.platinumgames.com

BAYONETTA 3 | PlatinumGames Inc. Official WebSite

The official website of PlatinumGames Inc., developer of NieR:Automata, the Bayonetta series, ASTRAL CHAIN and more! We develop games of a wide range of genres, from the Japanese fantastical combat of World of Demons to the free-form of shooting SOL CRESTA.

"Bayonetta, the enchanting witch who's dressed to kill with her hand-and-foot guns, dominates angel and demon alike with action that is, to put it simply, beautiful. The latest trailer for Bayonetta 3, the newest entry in the series, was revealed during the Nintendo Direct on September 24.

Mysterious life forms appearing to be neither angel nor demon attack amid the ravaged streets of the Shibuya area of Tokyo, where Bayonetta then makes a graceful appearance. Why is she in Tokyo? And how far-reaching is the invasion of this new enemy?

See new gameplay elements like Demon Masquerade, where Bayonetta fuses with an Infernal Demon to wield even more formidable magic power, and Demon Slave, which lets Bayonetta control Infernal Demons at will to obliterate enemies.

The eyes of the world are on the mysterious Bayonetta 3, coming in 2022."

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
I still cannot believe it. I started replaying Bayonetta past Saturday, and yesterday I managed to find and buy a Bayonetta player 2 amiibo new after years looking for it. I think I have summoned the witch, and I can't wait to have her again on my switch!

rude

Oct 25, 2017
OK, I'm open to change and I appreciate that they're trying to change things. This is obviously some alternate timeline shenanigans with a different, younger Cereza, but I hate that all the style, the personality, the camp that made the series what it was is gone. The character, her voice, her lines, the music, the enemy designs, where did all the style and personality go?? Gameplay-wise, controlling summons is cool but everything looks so slow. It seems like they're trying to make the series more accessible and are killing its identity in the process.

Bayonetta went from drag queen to J-Pop idol.
nailed it. hopefully it's all deliberately done for a small portion of the game.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Did people forget this game is coming out on switch and aiming for 60fps lol. There wasn't no way it was going to look much better then Bayo 2. And if it did would've been stuck with 30fps and fuck that.. also looks like a PS1 game, yeah people clearly haven't visited a PS1 game recently..

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
Bayo's model looks great and I don't really care for the monster controlling mechanic which is why the game doesn't look as good as it can targeting 60fps while trying to have these big monsters on screen. They have more time to polish the game and it's Platinum so I'm sure the gameplay will be fun, looking forward to seeing how the game develops.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
User Warned: Drive-By; Platform Warring
Graphics are shit. Feel bad for developers constrained by the Switch hardware.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
To be fair most of the internet is pretty dumb.

IMO once you get past the surprise factor of actually seeing Bayo3 the trailer itself is mostly just OK, and technically it clearly looks rough.
Yeah the more I rewatch it the more I notice the cracks, but oh well 2 is my favorite game of all time I'm definitely buying this day one