• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
This looked pretty good. I hope they bring in Renee Montoya/The Question in at some point.
Batwoman doesn't have that deep a content reserve to draw from, so I'd assume The Question is practically guaranteed.

I'm kinda torn. I fell off the Arrowverse shows a few years ago. They're just so hard to keep up with, having 20+ episode seasons and with so many shows now, it's logistically just too much for me to watch. But I do generally like them. Also I really like the Batwoman comics. I wanna say I'll check it out for sure, but I've got a hefty backlog of other shows I'm a little more pressed to get to

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, this looks AWESOME. Im so sold on this show.

I wonder what they are going to do about Batman/Bruce being gone for so long if this show lasts more than a few seasons. I hope they dont just say hes dead or something. Have him be off world working with the JLA or something. Then have him show up one episode and aknowldege the good work Kate is doing and that she can watch the city for him while hes away, or something like that. Even if its just Bruce, not in costume or something.

I also wonder which of the other Bat-Family characters they can use throughout the course of the show. Like having Oracle/Batgirl help out in later seasons, like a Felicity type role. (Which was Oracle's first anyway lol). Nightwing can show up, but doesnt have to stay. They can always say hes in Bludhaven. I just really dont like how they can use some characters, but not others because they are being saved for the movies. Like Deathstroke and Deadshot leaving Arrow. There are SO many Bat-Family characters they could use that will probably never get used in the movies.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I feel bad about the shitting on her I took part in in the thread here when she was first announced. That looks good.

Oct 25, 2017
I was loving that trailer till that credit line which nearly ruined the entire thing for me,

Kate literally stole Batman's suit, gadgets, Identity and has the nerve to say something like that.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Alice looks rough, and the flashbacks(?) are overly colorized but it could be good. Looks like she'll be rolling solo with Luke Fox as backup for a while. Nice small team.

The girl power/she's a woman stuff is overkill, but they did that with Supergirl too, presumably the young female audience likes it.

And yeah this show is just going to reuse a lot of the Batman villains Arrow did I'm sure. It's probably too much to expect them to respect canon with like Firefly or other one-offs, they probably just won't touch like Ra's.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice
Visually it stands apart from the other shows so thats a plus. As for the timeline I believe a producer has stated the first season? will be before Crisis

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Did... did she just say "I won't let a man take credit for a woman's work", while stealing a man's suit and gadgets?

Oh well. Looks like it could have been a good movie. Personally don't have much patience for TV budget superhero stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure DC is allergic to Batman. They now have 3 shows that vaguely reference Batman.
They just don't want him definitively on tv because then there is absolutely no reason to see a movie.

So the option is have him guest star, and if your Batman is remotely done well he would overshadow characters like Green Arrow or Batwoman by a mile and give you the Supergirl situation of asking "where is Superman" anytime a legitimate threat comes up,
their solution to that was just have Superman job to Supergirl which pissed everyone off.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
This is a tiny thing, but I hope we get a good reason why Batman is gone. "Batman abandoned Gotham City" feels super wrong. This is CW, not DCU darkworld.

Oct 25, 2017
This is a tiny thing, but I hope we get a good reason why Batman is gone. "Batman abandoned Gotham City" feels super wrong. This is CW, not DCU darkworld.
my hope is something like

also takes care of The Joker

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this looks as wack as I expected, so close and yet so so far in terms of how Kate should feel.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That acting... woof... I don't watch CW shows, is that typical of the acting? I'll pass.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
I can see them having Batman giving up or he ended up breaking his no-kill rule (but no one knows about it). Easier way to not have him present unlike Superman on Supergirl I suppose.

Batwoman dealing with Batman's rogues gallery might work too though I don't know much about hers.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel ok with the parts where characters are speaking to each other in person.
Everything else not so much.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
The trailer is not very exciting but I will give the show a go regardless.
Is Maggie Sawyer gonna be played by a new actress? Is that lady in the trailer Renee?

Why is she Bruce Wayne's cousin? The cousin running theme is odd.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched the trailer. I don't think Ruby Rose has the acting chops to carry an entire show by herself, but at least she looks like she's got the action down pat.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Did... did she just say "I won't let a man take credit for a woman's work", while stealing a man's suit and gadgets?

Oh well. Looks like it could have been a good movie. Personally don't have much patience for TV budget superhero stuff.
That and with the "perfect" line was really bad, I can imagine the writer(s) high giving after writing it.🙄. Not a good way to endear the character to a wider audience.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That and with the "perfect" line was really bad, I can imagine the writer(s) high giving after writing it.🙄. Not a good way to endear the character to a wider audience.
Writer 1: "Do you think people will understand that Batwoman is a woman?"

Writer 2: "Let's drop some subtle hints to make extra sure"

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't even make sense
Other than a big chase spectacle or something, what exactly could a movie do that a good Batman tv show couldn't?
at the point a good Batman tv show is on what is a $10+ 2 hour movie going to offer that people aren't just watching weekly for a total of 20+ episodes.
TV is the better format for something like Batman.
Detective work works better on tv,
Villains develop better on tv, I mean other than the highest tier all the TV cape villains are better than movie cape villains(Gotham Penguin, Riddler, Jerome, etc, S1 Reverse Flash, S1 Slade, Prometheus, Kingpin)
Gotham even showed you could get near cinematic Batman quality production design and cinematography on a network budget.

but the counter to that is even if it was an extremely successful show unless it was an anchor for a WB/AT&T streaming service, it won't benefit WB anywhere near a mildly successful movie.

Imagine S1 of Arrow with a Batman skin and not having to write around a weaker source material.
thats already more interesting than most Batman movies conceptually.
Heck imagine Mask of the Phantasm spread over a season of the series, that would be like the only way to improve on that material.

A tv series could actually give the batfamily characters the time of day.

CW's shows current quality calls it all into question but the ability and potential is always there, just depends on the quality of writing.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Other than a big chase spectacle or something, what exactly could a movie do that a good Batman tv show couldn't?
at the point a good Batman tv show is on what is a $10+ 2 hour movie going to offer that people aren't just watching weekly for a total of 20+ episodes.
TV is the better format for something like Batman.
Detective work works better on tv,
Villains develop better on tv, I mean other than the highest tier all the TV cape villains are better than movie cape villains(Gotham Penguin, Riddler, Jerome, etc, S1 Reverse Flash, S1 Slade, Prometheus, Kingpin)
Gotham even showed you could get near cinematic Batman quality production design and cinematography on a network budget.

but the counter to that is even if it was an extremely successful show unless it was an anchor for a WB/AT&T streaming service, it won't benefit WB anywhere near a mildly successful movie.

I agree that Batman ideally (i.e. has a good budget, among other things) is better suited for TV. But the idea that no one would bother to watch him in the movies because of that is ludicrous.

Last edited:

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
That was awesome. Hope they have the budget to keep it up.

Ok, this looks AWESOME. Im so sold on this show.

I wonder what they are going to do about Batman/Bruce being gone for so long if this show lasts more than a few seasons. I hope they dont just say hes dead or something. Have him be off world working with the JLA or something. Then have him show up one episode and aknowldege the good work Kate is doing and that she can watch the city for him while hes away, or something like that. Even if its just Bruce, not in costume or something.

I also wonder which of the other Bat-Family characters they can use throughout the course of the show. Like having Oracle/Batgirl help out in later seasons, like a Felicity type role. (Which was Oracle's first anyway lol). Nightwing can show up, but doesnt have to stay. They can always say hes in Bludhaven. I just really dont like how they can use some characters, but not others because they are being saved for the movies. Like Deathstroke and Deadshot leaving Arrow. There are SO many Bat-Family characters they could use that will probably never get used in the movies.
Yeah, can't wait.

She definitely looks like Barbara from Gotham
Oh yeah they do kinda resemble each other. Cool.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I agree that Batman ideally (i.e. has a good budget, among other things) is better suited for TV. But the idea that no one would bother to watch him in the movies because of that is ludicrous.
Not that it would legitimately kill interest just that WB wouldn't want to have the possibility to lose even a little potential money.