• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
it is better than episode 1. Now that the show is done with introduction. Hopefully this season picks up.

Huh I thought they gonna stop doing Rachel Maddow voice over.
Damn Mary looking fine

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This season is giving me a lot of Batman Beyond vibes. Ryan feels a lot like Terry.

Also appreciate that they're keeping the diary writing but now it's Ryan writing to Kate, neat touch.

It was so weird seeing that rally. I wonder how expensive that was to do with COVID happening.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Let's say that Ruby decides to come back all of a sudden, do you think they get rid of Ryan or make her a support side kick oc vigilante?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah I'm wondering how they did those crowd scenes, the far shots/TV shots could've been filled in with CGI but it looked pretty good.

anyway another solid episode. Luke was hilarious. also yeah Mary gets no love. Jacob you have one daughter left, maybe don't treat her like shit?

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Let's say that Ruby decides to come back all of a sudden, do you think they get rid of Ryan or make her a support side kick oc vigilante?
I think they'd have both as equals, both using the name Batwoman. I think it's super unlikely that Ruby Rose will return full time, but if it does happen, it won't be this season, so we'd be talking a return after both characters (and both leads) had spent one season each as Batwoman. I don't think it'd make sense to have Ryan as the lead for a season and then drop back to sidekick, especially because probably like half the episodes this season are going to be about her learning how to live up to the Batwoman/Kate Kane legacy.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Liked the episode, getting curious about the new big bad.

Yeah I'm wondering how they did those crowd scenes, the far shots/TV shots could've been filled in with CGI but it looked pretty good.

anyway another solid episode. Luke was hilarious. also yeah Mary gets no love. Jacob you have one daughter left, maybe don't treat her like shit?
Jacob can become the evil stepdad. Like Alice treats Mary as a sister in her own creepy way, but Jacob just doesn't care.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

There is no "Ruby decides to come back and they fire their new lead actress." That isn't a thin that would ever happen. Aside from them likely having no desire to do so, the optics would be absolutely terrible.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

I have to imagine it's very difficult. In Supernatural's second-to-last episode, there is a scene in a town with a pretty solid number of people but it's really the only time in the COVID episodes you see that.

I assume a lot of effort was put into testing and guidelines.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I have to imagine it's very difficult. In Supernatural's second-to-last episode, there is a scene in a town with a pretty solid number of people but it's really the only time in the COVID episodes you see that.

I assume a lot of effort was put into testing and guidelines.
And even that could still have been filmed before Covid lockdowns.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watched both episodes, it was okay I guess, she's an improvement for sure, but I'm pretty much over this show at this point.

Captain_Vyse

Jun 24, 2020
Like some other have said, I'm burned out on the CW DC shows, with the exception of Legends of Tomorrow. I have watched all these shows from the beginning, and I think I'm just tired of the formula. Tried the first two episodes, they were decent, and I like the new lead, I'm just burned out on the formula.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy for a moment that Arrow is gone, otherwise I'd know which island she was on.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
lol I can never remember this show's even on, even though I had the exact same thing happen with the previous 2 episodes. Says a lot either about the show or how I feel about it I guess.

Will catch up tomorrow (today) on the CW App.

Oct 25, 2017
This version of Zsaz, while not as fun as the Gotham version,
TgaxyHP.gif

So good

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Going through the ep now, is it me or did the assassin who kidnapped Alice lose her accent immediately? Lol

New Zsaz was good, but the way he got taken out is stupid. And they redesigned the suit in a whole 5 minutes? K..

This reason why Kate's missing is also eh. Should've left it a mystery for a while.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Cool depiction of zsaz !
loved the scene of him having a hard time finding a place for a scar xD

Also i wonder if they have a Ruby cameo planed for the season finale or something like that

oh and cool Black Mask shoutout

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Her fumbling for her gadgets was a good touch.
I like the build to getting the new suit. It wasn't instant like on first episode of the season
"I think Kate is alive"
"NANI!"

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Zsasz grew on me, not gonna lie

Anyway show is actually still pretty good, although Safiyah is treading dangerously close to being Ra's 2.0 and we saw how a season of going back and forward between Nanda Parbat went. Also not sure how they resolve this storyline without at least one appearance from Ruby Rose.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I remember Safiyah from being on Dominion (Syfy series, not the movie). I guess Kate is alive, unless she was lying to mess with Alice and get her to do her bidding.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I remember Safiyah from being on Dominion (Syfy series, not the movie). I guess Kate is alive, unless she was lying to mess with Alice and get her to do her bidding.
Pretty sure we have a Schrodinger's Kate situation where she could either be alive or dead depending on how Ruby Rose feels about coming back to film some scenes/episodes.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure we have a Schrodinger's Kate situation where she could either be alive or dead depending on how Ruby Rose feels about coming back to film some scenes/episodes.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure their thinking is to use it to keep the door open for a way down the line guest spot if the option comes up.

That said, I hope they move on from being stuck on this plot point and get to things that are more interesting and have the new Bat fully take on the mantle instead of feeling like a temp. Luke/Mary/Ryan have seemingly moved on, but I can't go through a season of Alice/Sophie/Jacob stuck on this plot.. it's already boring.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Oh yeah forgot Black Mask was referenced in this episode

my problem with the Kate storyline - which has the fun Alice parallels I realized - is the longer it goes on without some kind of Ruby payoff the worse it'll be. If you can't get her back, don't tease the audience and characters with her. Just kill her off fully.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
variety.com

‘Walker,’ ‘Flash,’ ‘Riverdale’ Among 12 CW Shows to Score Early Renewals

The CW is renewing 12 of its scripted series, including an early Season 2 pick up for its freshman drama "Walker" starring Jared Padalecki.

Renewed for season 3!

The alt-right comic sites are going to have to move the goalposts yet again.

The Flash and Legends were also renewed for the 2021-2022 season.
Meh.. it's CW.. barely anything doesnt get renewed. BW's ratings have been pretty bad and I don't know anyone but me that watches Walker. Lol

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Meh.. it's CW.. barely anything doesnt get renewed.

The point was that alt-right comic sites were pushing a bigoted agenda, claiming that the show was in danger of being cancelled, as they did last year as well. And they were wrong yet again, as expected.

BW's ratings have been pretty bad and I don't know anyone but me that watches Walker. Lol

Batwoman ratings are good for The CW. It was one of the most watched shows on the network last year (third behind Flash and the now-ended Supernatural) and while it has dropped this year, there are a number of other important metrics. It's doing well for the network.

Also:

The premiere of Walker on The CW Thursday drew the network's biggest same-day audience in nearly three years. The return of CBS' comedy block also sapped some viewers from ABC's game show lineup and NBC's Mr. Mayor and Superstore.
www.hollywoodreporter.com

TV Ratings: ‘Walker’ Premiere Scores 3-Year High for The CW

The loose remake of 'Walker, Texas Ranger' starring Jared Padalecki gives the network its biggest debut in several seasons.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
The point was that alt-right comic sites were pushing a bigoted agenda, claiming that the show was in danger of being cancelled, as they did last year as well. And they were wrong yet again, as expected.

This isn't true. Batwoman ratings are good for The CW. It was one of the most watched shows on the network last year and while it has dropped this year, there are a number of other important metrics. It's doing well for the network.

Also:

www.hollywoodreporter.com

TV Ratings: ‘Walker’ Premiere Scores 3-Year High for The CW

The loose remake of 'Walker, Texas Ranger' starring Jared Padalecki gives the network its biggest debut in several seasons.
I'm not taking overall ratings, but season one to season two and even this season's post premiere episode took big hits.

As for Walker, that's good, cause as I said I'm watching it, I just don't personally know anyone else who is. Random Supernatural (and CW) cast members being in it is hilarious to me though.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Black Mask will be interesting. Will Warren be coming back as the actual Bruce or have they not said anything on that? I know theyll probably have Kate pass off to Ryan but I found it funny that they could use Bruce too to pass off the mantle to Ryan, though yeah I know the show is about Batwoman. i am liking Ryan though a lot more.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
So I was pretty adamant on my recasting Kate and not going in this new character direction but Ryan grew on me pretty quick, I like her and Javicia is a big step up on the acting side... I like her.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So I was pretty adamant on my recasting Kate and not going in this new character direction but Ryan grew on me pretty quick, I like her and Javicia is a big step up on the acting side... I like her.

I was against the idea of introducing a new character but the moment they cast Javicia, my opinion completely changed. Just had a good feeling about her and I loved that they took Ruby leaving and used it as an opportunity to give us a new actor of color in a lead superhero role.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god with this whole find Kate plotline, hope they don't drag it out too long...

Honestly surprised they're doing this, thought they'd just leave it at her body being missing from the plane crash.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Not really liking how Gotham seems to have a major "abducting children and keeping them locked in a room" problem. It's a weird plot point to keep going back to, and it's weird that Batman or Robin or anybody else wasn't really on it.

Plus, watching on the CW, there was just an ad where it was some guy overtly sermonizing?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Alice really improves every character. I loved her collaboration with Sophie.
Also Ryan is stupid.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
They're really going to drag the shit out of this missing Kate plot aren't they? *sigh* Should've just had her missing all season with no trace, declared her dead and left the Alice w/ secret assassin island stuff till the season finale.

-If you're being chased by a car, why are you running in the middle of the street?
-Ryan going after the candy lady with no suit because, reasons.. is stupid.
-They tried to recreate the BvS thing where Batman grapples the crate and smacks that dude with it, but here Batwoman doesn't even change her stance, puts in effort and drags a pallet 20 feet and smacks a guy. K.
-She got shot by a Kryptonite bullet like 4 eps ago (which should be weeks to a month+ in real time), it hasn't healed, still hurts (except when she's doing anything. What?) and the Kryptonite is leaking into her bloodstream. Let's not tell the genius scientist or brilliant doctor you hang around 90% of the time cause CW SEEEEECREETTSSS!
-Alice still great.

I think I'm getting to old for CW stuff.

Last edited:

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I like the theme of the episode but the execution just fell flat.

A kidnapper who doesn't change her house all this time.
Ryan is just going there unprepared.
Head of a TaskForce comes alone in factory
the Arrowverse IQ.

Alice is gonna be the Spike of the show.
Alice and Abercrombie model 🤣 CW

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
So apparently the only way to make Sophie a half decent character is to have Alice playing off her. That said I don't like that we apparently have an Alice romance plot coming up. It also seems that when she escaped the house she was still somewhat sane, ended up on Safiya's island, was trained, ???, now she's full blown crazy and apparently amnesiac.

The kidnapping children plot was... strange. I dunno, the fact that kidnapping has become such a recurring plot lessens the impact a lot.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Sorry to ask but I have seen a lot of the CW shows some year ago but dropped out when it was just to hard to keep up with every show.. I was like with the Flash who had an elektric team guy.. And Arrow was in prison..

But can I just watch this show stand alone? I really like the Batman universe so I might want to give some shows a try again without going into that same 'watch 8 shows a week every week' thing

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
But can I just watch this show stand alone? I really like the Batman universe so I might want to give some shows a try again without going into that same 'watch 8 shows a week every week' thing
At the moment, yes, mostly. Batwoman is introduced in a crossover and is a reasonably big part of the crossover after that, but everything else in the show is standalone. Also with COVID hitting, Ruby Rose bouncing and Supergirl ending the show is strictly focusing on itself currently.

Diggle is set to show up on each show but I'm pretty sure that's it for crossovers for this season at least. And Arrow's ended so it's not like you need to watch that for context.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to ask but I have seen a lot of the CW shows some year ago but dropped out when it was just to hard to keep up with every show.. I was like with the Flash who had an elektric team guy.. And Arrow was in prison..

CW shows usually don't have anything to do with each other unless there's a crossover, so yes definitely.

Hell, I don't even think they're acknowledged any city outside of Gotham & Bludhaven in the series at all. It's pretty self contained.