• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
kJeN8PO.jpg

── Season 2 ──
Sundays at 8 PM ET / The CW

In season two of BATWOMAN, when Ryan Wilder (Javicia Leslie) first discovers Kate Kane's Batsuit, she has no idea how drastically her life is about to change. A sassy, smart lesbian with a difficult past, Ryan sees the suit as her chance to finally be powerful and no longer a victim as she survives in the tough streets of the city.

While Ryan goes rogue in the shadows, Gotham grapples with their missing hero, believing Batwoman has fled the city after a public stand-off with Commander Jacob Kane (Dougray Scott) and the Crows. But Kate Kane's disappearance hits hardest at home where Jacob, Sophie (Meagan Tandy), Luke (Camrus Johnson), Mary (Nicole Kang) and even Alice (Rachel Skarsten) each struggle with the devastating news in their own way. Meanwhile, the False Face Society tightens its grip on Gotham, distributing a perilous new drug known as Snakebite, "Bruce Wayne" (Warren Christie) finds his way home to wreak havoc, Safiyah (Shivaani Ghai) surfaces with plans for revenge, and a new set of villains descends on the city.

It's not long before Ryan realizes how much the symbol on the suit means to Gotham, launching her on a personal journey that takes her from fledgling substitute to confident caped crusader, from living in her van with her plant to chasing villains in the Batmobile. Ryan Wilder becomes a very different Batwoman than Kate Kane - her own Batwoman - but with the same understanding of what it means to be a hero.

── Cast ──
Starring
Javicia Leslie as Ryan Wilder / Batwoman
Rachel Skarsten as Beth Kane / Alice
Meagan Tandy as Sophie Moore
Nicole Kang as Mary Hamilton
Camrus Johnson as Luke Fox
Dougray Scott as Jacob Kane

Recurring
Shivani Ghai as Safiyah Sohail
Christina Wolfe as Julia Pennyworth
Warren Christie as "Bruce Wayne" / Tommy Elliot / Hush
Leah Gibson as The Whisper
Nathan Owens as Ocean

Guests
Alex Morf as Victor Zsasz
David Ramsey as John Diggle

K9kNrh6.jpg
EWd9haD.jpg

4mUZ2TJ.jpg
jPX9SWM.jpg

── Episodes ──
01 - 1/17/2021 - "What Happened to Kate Kane?"
02 - 1/24/2021 - "Prior Criminal History"
03 - 1/31/2021 - "Bat Girl Magic!"
04 - 2/14/2021 - "Fair Skin, Blue Eyes"
05 - 2/21/2021 - "Gore on Canvas"
06 - 2/28/2021 - "Do Not Resuscitate"
07 - 3/14/2021 - "It's Best You Stop Digging"
08 - 3/21/2021 - "Survived Much Worse"
09 - 3/28/2021 - "Rule #1"
10 - 4/11/2021 - "Time Off for Good Behavior"
11 - 4/18/2021 - "Arrive Alive"
12 - 5/02/2021 - "Initiate Self-Destruct"
13 - 5/09/2021 - "I'll Give You a Clue"
14 - 5/16/2021 - "And Justice For All"
15 - 6/06/2021 - "Armed and Dangerous"
16 - 6/13/2021 - "Rebirth"
17 - 6/20/2021 - "Kane, Kate"
18 - 6/27/2021 - "Power"

── Arrowverse: Year 9 ──
Earth-Prime
Batwoman S2 - OT
Black Lightning S4 - OT
Superman & Lois S1 - OT
The Flash S7 - OT
Supergirl S6 - OT
DC's Legends of Tomorrow S6 - OT

Earth-2
DC's Stargirl S2 - OT

Earth-9
Titans S3 - OT

Earth-666
Lucifer S5 - OT
Lucifer S6 - OT

Earth-21
Doom Patrol S3 - OT

Last edited:

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
04 - 2/07/2021 - "Fair Skin, Blue Eyes"

Ooo, Chile these episode titles. Gonna be interesting seeing if the show survives. Next year is gonna be different as hell for the DC cw verse

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

👀 It would be sick if they went into that hard, but don't know anything on the quality of the writing.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

👀 It would be sick if they went into that hard, but don't know anything on the quality of the writing.

It kind of seems like they might touch on some real shit here and there based on those titles and this recent interview:

ew.com

'Batwoman' boss confirms Black Mask is season 2's other big bad

<em>Batwoman</em> showrunner Caroline Dries previews Ryan Wilder's "vendetta" against Black Mask and the False Face Society.

EW has learned that Black Mask — the notoriously ruthless Gotham City crime boss who recently appeared in Birds of Prey — will be a major villain in season 2. His menacing presence was first teased in the superhero drama's official season 2 synopsis, which revealed that the False Face Society, Black Mask's gang in the pages of DC Comics, "tightens its grip on Gotham distributing a perilous new drug known as Snakebite" in the new episodes.

While we don't know who will play the sadistic crime lord, we do know that new Batwoman Ryan Wilder (Javicia Leslie) — who takes on the Crimson Knight's mantle following Kate Kane's disappearance — will have a major problem to pick with him because of her experience with drugs.

"While Ryan never used drugs, she was in a relationship where somebody was using drugs and it's ultimately what got Ryan put away in jail. So, it's this idea that Ryan is this innocent woman and if she were white, per se, she might not have had the same punishment [that] she, as an innocent Black woman, had to go through. That's a huge piece of her backstory, so that's something we're exploring this year," says Dries. "Batwoman has this particular vendetta against the False Face Society because the idea of drugs permeating the city and nobody taking any responsibility for it strikes at her core."

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Ooo, Chile these episode titles. Gonna be interesting seeing if the show survives. Next year is gonna be different as hell for the DC cw verse

Definitely going to be a weird year.

It's interesting to me that both the Arrowverse and MCU are in a similar position in that they are lost/are about to lose core characters/actors in their respective universes and need to find out how to keep things fresh and keep fans interested moving forward. I'd say it's fair to be a bit more worried about how the Arrowverse will pull it off based on recent events and COVID but I think they can do it if they pull it off right.

- Grant Gustin was in talks for three more seasons before COVID hit, bringing it to season 9. The Flash was still the most watched show on The CW last year so I assume they are going to try their best to keep him around. There's a good chance they'll still have The Flash around as an anchor for the universe.

- Batwoman was the #2 show on The CW last year. I think ratings would have to completely plummet for it to not get renewed.

- Superman & Lois is going to follow The Flash so I'm curious to see if it can hold onto most of its audience. If it does, that's a good sign moving forward.

- Legends is in an interesting position. As I said in another thread the other day, it always feels like a show that is on the bubble but last year it was in the top half of The CW's viewership ratings (#7 out of 18 shows). And three of the shows above it either just ended (Arrow, Supernatural) or is about to end (Supergirl). If ratings stay steady for the upcoming season, I feel pretty positive about another renewal. That also puts the show in a place where it might be time for a cast shake-up, perhaps bringing characters like Earth-2 Laurel and Nia/Dreamer over with Canaries not getting picked up and Supergirl ending. And I will say this in every possible thread until I will it into existence: Lucifer is close to filming its final episode -- bring Maze over to Legends.

- Stargirl is moving to The CW and while it isn't officially Arrowverse, I imagine we'll see her show up in the 2021-2022 crossover somehow.

- Finally, The CW is working on Wonder Girl, which would be a full Arrowverse series. If that makes it to the 2021-2022 season, it could definitely boost up the universe and keep it going.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I totally forgot they cast Bruce Wayne last season. I mean I know that character isn't the real one, but presumably if they ever bring the real Bruce back, it'd be the same actor.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very curious how this show will manage. And on the end, losing Ruby is going to hurt despite I wasn't really a fan of her.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Do I need to watch all of Season 1 to watch this? I dropped off right after or before Crisis.
There's going to be a weird disconnect for everyone because there were no plans for Ruby Rose to leave, so if you jump in with season 2 and get a quick summary of the second part of season 1 from somewhere, you should be fine (or at least only as confused as everyone else, depending on how they manage the transition).

However, you've watched the awkward stumbling first part of Batwoman so if you have the time I'd say you may as well watch the significantly improved post-Crisis part.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
There's going to be a weird disconnect for everyone because there were no plans for Ruby Rose to leave, so if you jump in with season 2 and get a quick summary of the second part of season 1 from somewhere, you should be fine (or at least only as confused as everyone else, depending on how they manage the transition).

However, you've watched the awkward stumbling first part of Batwoman so if you have the time I'd say you may as well watch the significantly improved post-Crisis part.
I'll give it a go, I need a break from more serious stuff anyway

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I bailed on Season 1 after a few episodes because I wasn't really feeling it and already had a bunch of comic book shows in rotation. Will check out the new season with a new Batwoman to see if it grabs me, now that I have more time.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I watched the final episode of Season 1 again last night. Damn, it really sucks we likely will never get a true resolution to that story. I understand Ruby wanted out; but I really wish they could've figured something out to bring her back for at least 1 or 2 episodes to resolve the loose ends from that season & have her turn over the mantle.

That said, I'll definitely give this season a shot. Going to be weird for sure to see how they basically have to revamp the entire series & storylines left over.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Everything that was set up last season doesn't really work without Kate. This is going to be clumsy as hell.
Yup, the supporting cast is "Kate's sister, Kate's step-sister, Kate's dad, Kate's old work partner, etc..." none of whom have any connection to this new Batgirl. It'll be relatively easy to have Luke develop some connection with her as his connection to Kate was more about her role in the costume than who she was, but the others have no real reason to exist in this show now that Kate is gone. I almost think they need to start to sunset some of the cast and bring in some different supporting characters connected more directly to Ryan.

Apr 27, 2020
Yup, the supporting cast is "Kate's sister, Kate's step-sister, Kate's dad, Kate's old work partner, etc..." none of whom have any connection to this new Batgirl. It'll be relatively easy to have Luke develop some connection with her as his connection to Kate was more about her role in the costume than who she was, but the others have no real reason to exist in this show now that Kate is gone. I almost think they need to start to sunset some of the cast and bring in some different supporting characters connected more directly to Ryan.

Still don't know why they didn't just make her Tiffany Fox. Way easier to fit her in with the supporting cast.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Nope

www.gamespot.com

CW's Batwoman Crossover With Superman & Lois Canceled

The very make-up of the Arrowverse changed with Crisis on Infinite Earths, and COVID-19 is altering it even more.

As much as this sucks, I had a feeling it might happen. We hadn't heard anything about the crossover for a while now and it's hard enough to produce a show during the pandemic without the added elements of a crossover.

I hope that they can work in a mini-crossover and/or cameo or two on some of these shows by the time the seasons stop filming, like having someone show up on Supergirl at the very end.

What a complete bummer that Black Lightning gets added to the universe and then ends the following year without a crossover episode.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oof. No crossover at all. That's a bummer. Maybe they can finagle a way to do one in the off-season in 2022.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Well, there will almost certainly be a crossover in the 2021-2022 season.

I'm not sure there will really much of an off-season in this delayed 2020-2021 season because Supergirl and Legends will be premiering mid-year anyway.

Yeah, it's a good question on how they plan to do the season rotation. Is the Flash just gonna run all the way into 2022 with only a short break?

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah, it's a good question on how they plan to do the season rotation. Is the Flash just gonna run all the way into 2022 with only a short break?

Well, they're going to be slightly shorter seasons again (18-20 instead of the usual 22) so The Flash, for example, will end on July 6 if it's 20 episodes and doesn't air repeats

My guess is that the 2021-2022 season will start later than usual (November or December) and then back to normal in the 2022-2023 season.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
By the time crossovers resume, it's going to be a bunch of new characters trying to get a ratings bump off of Flash while Legends continues to give a giant finger to the whole event.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for posting this thread, OP! I knew the CW shorts were right around the corner, but it sure snuck up on me. Off to configure my NextPVR instance now!

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I still can't believe they went with the "girl stumbles upon suit" thing. Hopefully it's better than it sounds. 😅

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
It's almost time for one of the craziest protagonist changes in recent memory. Let's hope they can pull it off.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
They need to make this an anthology show where a different person discovers the batsuit each year and just fumbles through getting the hang of it before abruptly dying during the off season.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Boy, Tommy is terrible at being Bruce. He's already dropping warning flags left and right.

I really don't get the weird mythologization of "the suit", either. Making there be a single suit that everyone's constantly talking about obtaining or puncturing is just weird.