• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy to think Smallville was pulling close to ~2.5M per episode less than a decade ago in its final season.

And that was with the budget being parred down setwise.

I remember listening too a podcast where they mentioned that smallvile was in the top 10 television shows for WB in terms of money made.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017

I remember listening too a podcast where they mentioned that smallvile was in the top 10 television shows for WB in terms of money made.
And got sued because of their short changing Millar and Gough from their packaging scheme or something, I actually forget exactly what the issue was.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i don't know if it was the case of just pilot episode kinks or if i genuinely didn't enjoy the episode, haven't really ever been a gotham family fan but figured since i enjoyed green arrow somewhat when it started that i'd probably enjoy this too

if only they'd let me give them some more money for smallville related stuff and release seasons 1-5 on blu-ray

Oct 25, 2017
I did find it funny that the Bat Cave was under Wayne Building lol. But, having the heart of operation in the middle of city would make more sense (to me), then dozens/etc of miles away, thus leading to time wasting. Kinda like the 1st Arrow cave in the middle of the Glades and under his Club.

I do wonder where the Catmobile comes out though.
Batman has caves everywhere even under arkham in certain comics and the games.
maxresdefault.jpg

never

Oct 28, 2017
This pilot was not exciting at all, but then again most pilots are bad, so maybe there's still hope for the show.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't a bad premiere. Maybe the only thing I didn't really like was the fight at the end.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering how the timeline of this show is going to work out. Right now, we're over a year behind the other Arrowverse shows - Kate had her full costume by the time Elseworlds took place - but they also have to catch up to the present before Crisis.

It also has me wondering if Alice is going to actually be the full season villain.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
The annoying part is that I can already see exactly which role each of the side characters is going to slot into moving forward. They've set things up with the perfect set of stock CW character archetypes and it's probably not going to change.

Stepmom will almost assuredly turn out to be a secret full villain, stepsister is going to be the well-intentioned friend character who gets alienated and becomes an on-again-off-again bad guy (Killer Frost), they'll do a will-they-won't-they with Kate's ex, and Luke is gonna be the Cisco/Curtis type who spends most of the series hanging out in HQ until the actor gets bored and asks to do fight scenes until they again get bored.

Her name is Mary, so there's a good chance she could be Bloody Mary

EDIT:

She's more likely Flamebird, though

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I did find it funny that the Bat Cave was under Wayne Building lol. But, having the heart of operation in the middle of city would make more sense (to me), then dozens/etc of miles away, thus leading to time wasting. Kinda like the 1st Arrow cave in the middle of the Glades and under his Club.

I do wonder where the Catmobile comes out though.
Hes got proxy caves everywhere. In the Arkham games he has one under Arkham Asylum as well. Hopefully they play off the fact its a back up cave and thats why it has such a shitty suit and completely ignore the whole "perfection" bullshit.

Also how old is Batman meant to be here? in his 40s I assume? Older than Superman from the other Earth which is odd.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Also how old is Batman meant to be here? in his 40s I assume? Older than Superman from the other Earth which is odd.

Probably 5-10 years older than Superman. Supes was active and established when Kara was 13. That may be why he stepped down - because he's getting to old for this. Maybe searching the world for Lazarus pits or a successor.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Tech guy
At least she got medical lady unlike Arrow....shows she can get hurt.
Doug Ray Scott is too good casting for CW

Good pilot

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Does Kate even have a step mother and sister in the comics? I don't remember seeing that when I was reading those books 10 years ago.
Yeah I don't recall the stepsister thing either.
Sister definitely though.

Distinctly remember her having a stepsister, she's very jolly and likes Kate, Kate thinks she's annoying from what I recall.

In Elegy she has a step mother (Catherine) but had a cousin named Mary which was changed for the show

Oh. Maybe it's the cousin I'm thinking of.

Thought they'd take their time with the Alice reveal, could've at least had another episode before.

The cowl right know looks really disproportionate, hoping for the wig sooner rather than later. Super distracting.

Overall, was fine. Not super acting but works for the show.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I really dislike New Curtis. Well, maybe dislike is a strong word, but I dont get Luke Fox vibes from him at all. This is supposed to be veteran/ex military Luke Fox? Yeah, ok.

Also, I dont see how guys are confused that that's the Batcave under the building. It's clearly an outpost. It's small as hell, no vehicles, limited tech. Even if you didnt know the cave's supposed to be under Wayne Manor, nothing about it screams Batcave. More like Bat Room.

Decent premiere. I didnt see anything great, but its usual origin story stuff. It'll find its footing when she becomes the actual Batwoman and not just pretend Batman. Both Batsuits are pretty terrible though.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
So Sophie's husband is definitely getting the Tommy/Eddie style season 1 finale death, right?

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I can't wait for the storyline where Luke gets fed up with being the tech guy and goes out and starts to job to crime in a CW budget Batwing suit.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
It always sucks coming to these threads with enthusiasm and excitement and reading all the negativity.

I thought it was really good. Loved Ruby as Kate, I can see the interesting relationships developing already and I felt like Gotham was pretty distinct from the other CW shows.

And I'm not even a Batman guy.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
In what season do you think we get a "Battle for the Cowl" arc with one of the asshole Robins as either a big bad or mid boss?

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I don't get why they keep turning awesome black characters into lame nerdy guys, but beyond that the pilot is ok.

But seriously, Holt and Luke deserve waaaaay better.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I smell the CW-ness of the plot. I wasn't enjoying the episode until the very end. But even then I don't think I care for any character or will care for any character besides Batwoman and maybe Alice?

Gotham spoiled me.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It always sucks coming to these threads with enthusiasm and excitement and reading all the negativity.

I thought it was really good. Loved Ruby as Kate, I can see the interesting relationships developing already and I felt like Gotham was pretty distinct from the other CW shows.

And I'm not even a Batman guy.
It was a really good premiere!
It's best to place the usual peanut gallery on ignore

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for the storyline where Luke gets fed up with being the tech guy and goes out and starts to job to crime in a CW budget Batwing suit.
"This is something that's never happened in the Arrowverse before."

-Batwoman Writers.

I don't get why they keep turning awesome black characters into lame nerdy guys, but beyond that the pilot is ok.

But seriously, Holt and Luke deserve waaaaay better.
Yeah, they keep doing the exact same plot over and over, but it's not just black characters. See Cisco, Ray, Winn etc. It's usual coming of age Tech Guy stuff. This is just the worst one so far... at least Curtis was a big guy. New Curtis.. err, Luke is just much more glaring. He isn't even close. This dude is the same size as Ruby and then they super nerded up his character on top of it.

Last edited:

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
This was definitely an Arrowverse pilot.

Kat and Alice are the highlights for sure. Ruby Rose will carry this much like Melissa did for season 1 of Supergirl.

I liked the supporting cast well enough and there's room for growth.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
boy was that horrendeous. somehow worse than Supergirl, which I didn't think was possible. Dialogue sounded like it was written by a first grader. Costume looked very cheap.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Wasn't expecting much. Got what I was expecting.

When is somebody going to make a new Batman show? Gotham was great, but Titans and Batwoman, meh. How about a real Batman show instead of wannabes.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Wasn't expecting much. Got what I was expecting.

When is somebody going to make a new Batman show? Gotham was great, but Titans and Batwoman, meh. How about a real Batman show instead of wannabes.

When Warner Bros has exhausted every conceivable avenue for Batman motion pictures & they've discovered they can no longer make money off of him on the silver screen. Then & only then will we ever get a chance at a Batman TV show. WB already doesn't play well with the TV side of things for DC. So Batman is not showing up in his own show on TV in the near future.

Gotham is really the closest thing we'll probably get for a long time.

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It's Arrowverse right? It's can't be that bad. I think folks place way to high an esteem on these shows. It's junk food. Take it for what it is and nothing.

Arrow, Flash, Legends etc are just fun super hero soap dramas. Nothing more or less.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
It's Arrowverse right? It's can't be that bad. I think folks place way to high an esteem on these shows. It's junk food. Take it for what it is and nothing.

Arrow, Flash, Legends etc are just fun super hero soap dramas. Nothing more or less.
Yep. I enjoy them for what they are and appreciate it when something about them stands out. See: the great Harrison Wells acting in season one of the flash, the stunts in arrow, the charm of Supergirl, the writing and music and style of black lightning.

They're my empty calorie shows and I love them.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Pilot was pretty bad. I've at least liked the lead in all of the arrowverse shows so far even if I didn't necessarily like the pilot. Nothing in this one did anything for me.