• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I pond-ered on the headline choice for a while. It's not perfect, but I like that--warts and all.
OWETBfO.gif

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Review threads for Game Pass games feels weird. I mean 5/10, 7/10, 8.5/10...it all seems pretty irrelevant for a Game Pass game. I'm sure it's not a huge download. Is anyone here not going to try it because of bad reviews?

Many people only play at Steam, many people have huge backlogs to prioritize...

I'm trying it because I love Battletoads Arcade, but I'm not playing every game only because I technically can.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
bruh lemme tell you im on the speed bike part and playing with a stick with controller drift is no bueno

TuMekeNZ

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Just watched the IGN first 11 mins and yeah... how they scored this an 8 is beyond me, especially when compared to the recent SoR4 which they gave a 7!!!
The voice work and script is terrible and sounds like they literally phoned it in.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Well, this is the kind of game that I would never actually buy, but since it is on Game Pass, I'll definitely give it a try.

I gotta say, however, that the decision not to have online coop on a game like this is absolutely staggering. What the hell were they thinking?

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Just watched the IGN first 11 mins and yeah... how they scored this an 8 is beyond me.

The writing and brawling sections are the worst parts of the new Battletoads -- if they were the whole game, I'd have given it a 6 (I went 8). It's all the *other* stuff -- Turbo Bike races, space shooter levels, puzzle-platform bits, ect. -- that really elevate the game.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Many people only play at Steam, many people have huge backlogs to prioritize...

I'm trying it because I love Battletoads Arcade, but I'm not playing every game only because I technically can.

I hear you. I'm the same. I'm trying it because I grew up with Battletoads (NES), but if this were not a Game Pass game I probably wouldn't, based on some of the review scores. That's what I find weird, is that the review scores don't impact whether or not I'm going to try this out. I

Nov 23, 2018
I just finished the first few levels and it's pretty entertaining! Feels like you're playing a cartoon, which is pretty neat.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the IGN first 11 mins and yeah... how they scored this an 8 is beyond me, especially when compared to the recent SoR4 which they gave a 7!!!
The voice work and script is terrible and sounds like they literally phoned it in.

I played streets of rage 4 after battletoads arcade

streets of rage 4 is crap compared to this. sorry.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Review threads for Game Pass games feels weird. I mean 5/10, 7/10, 8.5/10...it all seems pretty irrelevant for a Game Pass game. I'm sure it's not a huge download. Is anyone here not going to try it because of bad reviews?

Not understanding your logic here at all,.

You do realize not everyone has Game Pass, right?

Even ignoring that, I don't understand your logic.

Reckheim

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

i wont try it and have gamepass, definitely not something I would spend my time on.

Deleted member 6122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SoR4 is probably in the running for my GOTY this year, what is with this slander
That game is extremely well designed

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Looks fun. The buzz going into it was that it was bad. Looks like the lack of online knocked it down a .5 to a point for most people. (or 5-10 on MC or OC). That does suck, living alone in COVID land.

Though again, GamePass is such a gift. i know people whine about Xbox not having a Last of Us or God of War each year, but I'm so down with getting "free" 8's dropped on my lap every couple weeks. Yah there's a Bleeding Edge or maybe this here and there, but balanced by Ori, Gears, Grounded, Gears Tactics, Flight Sim, Minecraft Dungeons, - all this calendar year. Plus Halo PC and Reach on console.

With Tell me Why and Wasteland 3 on my doorstep, I'm been a happy little busy gamer this year...and financially responsible. (Well, responsible-ish.)

TuMekeNZ

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Street of rage 4 though fun got boring pretty quick. This has all sorts of variety.
Fair enough. I have only seen the first 11 mins of BT and the first impression wasn't good. If it changes things up then thats cool.
I love the SoR franchise (apart from 3) and found 4 to be a really great addition. Played through it multiple times and unlocked most of the characters/skins now. Each to their own as they say

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Fair enough. I have only seen the first 11 mins of BT and the first impression wasn't good. If it changes things up then thats cool.
I love the SoR franchise (apart from 3) and found 4 to be a really great addition. Played through it multiple times and unlocked most of the characters/skins now. Each to their own as they say
Well when i say variety because it has a bunch of different genres in there where SoR was just brawler

Shadow Dancer

Prophet of Regret
Jul 22, 2019
No online is reasonable since there are some levels that would be game breaking with any lag.

Animation is really good. Some jokes don't. So far I'm enjoying it.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to see some gameplay for the difficulty, but most of the videos are on the easiest difficulty setting, any videos on the harder difficulty settings?

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017

Not everyone has or wants Gamepass. Is this how every Microsoft game will be treated now? Just assume everyone has Gamepass so standards are different?

If this was a total knock out I would buy on Steam as a big fan of the original.

Jul 26, 2018
User Banned (1 Week) - Continued History of Platform Warring & Thread Derailment
Looks fun. The buzz going into it was that it was bad. Looks like the lack of online knocked it down a .5 to a point for most people. (or 5-10 on MC or OC). That does suck, living alone in COVID land.

Though again, GamePass is such a gift. i know people whine about Xbox not having a Last of Us or God of War each year, but I'm so down with getting "free" 8's dropped on my lap every couple weeks. Yah there's a Bleeding Edge or maybe this here and there, but balanced by Ori, Gears, Grounded, Gears Tactics, Flight Sim, Minecraft Dungeons, - all this calendar year. Plus Halo PC and Reach on console.

With Tell me Why and Wasteland 3 on my doorstep, I'm been a happy little busy gamer this year...and financially responsible. (Well, responsible-ish.)
My time is worth more than playing whatver pops up on Gamepass. Give me Sony's 1st party at 60 dollars any day of the year over disposable games like Bleeding Edge and BattleToads

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I was expecting better reviews honestly, the gameplay and trailers looked amazing.