• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
When is this shit going to be unlocked.

I am the Ultimate Game Pass member, I shouldn't have to wait like those peasants who only have the regular GP.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
The game doesn't look too great to me, but I used to play the hell out of Battletoads as a kid so I'm at least willing it give it a shot on Game Pass tomorrow. My son may like playing this with me too; we played Streets of Rage 4 together a lot.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
WTF

Why? How? Why is MS launching a co-op heavy game without online? Is this early-access?

At least Streets of Rage is still on GP...
I don't know what goes into making online work for these games, but I don't know why people keep comparing this to Streets of Rage in that aspect. SoR is a beat em up, while Battletoads is a genre mash-up with twitch platforming sections. The platforming could potentially be a problem online.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
It is very disappointing that this has no online co-op. Went from a game I'd likely play near release with friends to one that I won't try at all now.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Should mention that Battletoads on Steam has "Remote play together", so there's always that option...

Windows store really should try to get that implemented somehow...

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I think the game releases in 1.5 hours too (though not sure if it will happen on steam because it says 18 hours lol)

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
It's 2020. Zero sympathy for a game like this launching with no online, especially during a global pandemic.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
That OT title, though.

200.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what goes into making online work for these games, but I don't know why people keep comparing this to Streets of Rage in that aspect. SoR is a beat em up, while Battletoads is a genre mash-up with twitch platforming sections. The platforming could potentially be a problem online.

Dude, this isn't a PS2 era, we have shooters and fighting games that meet the demands of the pro players.People made a multiplayer Flappy bird within a week, and nobody complained about the ping. Microsoft is selling the cloud gaming. I don't buy any excuse about this game being too fast for online.

Zero sympathy for devs working from home during a global pandemic, who have undoubtedly had their project pipelines messed up?

Then you make a public announcement about the delay in the online component. Reassure the audience that it is coming, and give a reason (pandemic) that it is not available right now. MS is always lapping about online and shared play, but is completely failing to deliver the component. I hope reviews are not going to let it slide.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Zero sympathy for devs working from home during a global pandemic, who have undoubtedly had their project pipelines messed up?
Or the fact that Dlala is still a tiny indie studio that had to staff up for this game. It's absolutely unfortunate that there's no online coop for this. But people are acting like that isn't a VERY COMMON THING for indie games in general. And if they don't get it right, then it'll suck to play with friends. Better to have the expectation out of the way that it's local only. I mean.. I certainly hope no one is suggesting they implement rollbacks into BattleToads, are they?

There's a certain combination of "I'm the real victim" entitledness combined with an out of proportion anger questioning the abilities of developers working through some of the toughest conditions we've seen in a long time (let alone on a title that people feel strongly about not changing... but everyone knows had to change) that is just really, really distasteful.