• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
It's not developed by Rare, is it? Do we know which studio is making it?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm still gonna be there day 1 even if the art style is a let down but I'm happy to hear the game play is on point

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great! :) Also a nice surprise during the E3 press conference, i didnt expect at all to see a new Battletoads game being announced there.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
But will there be online co-op? I am not 6 anymore. I am nearly 30 and have a job and families and my friends and I do not have time to gather very often for game nights(and most of my closest gaming friends have moved away). I want to play this with co-op, but I do not want to wait just to play a bit of it once in a blue moon.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, ok this is great news. Will wait for a proper gameplay session then, I don't like the art currently but let's see.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have faith that the game will be good but I'm kind of not jiving with the art style at all.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Looked fun enough, even if i have a issue with the design of most enemies at first glance i really can't say anything negative about these animations.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't sold on the trailer but this looks great, and sounds like they're not making it easy just for the sake of popularity - on the contrary, they might try and bank on it like Cuphead which was famous for that too, among other things.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I notice from that video is the big fist type attacks don't have the same weight as the older games. In the older ones those moves would have a bit of hit stop and the character would kind of skip forward a bit (even fly off the ground a bit) from the momentum, but I'm not seeing that here.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Gameplay looks great and the combat actually looks really satisfying. Plus the artstyle is great. This game is going to be amazing.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Well, the people involved with the development at least give me more hope

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
z04YvO0VzXqbN4ZzcVee4ONZ1MDeLyv0xDmw-XY1MOEwznaNroh7BXqVcsZ_17djtY7UiHMlO7fORTDgwjQp1wFBses=s800

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun, can't wait for this. Art style is a bit weird but I can get used to it.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Looks promising and the colors really pop. Wise will probably make it unmissable on his own.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
But will there be online co-op? I am not 6 anymore. I am nearly 30 and have a job and families and my friends and I do not have time to gather very often for game nights(and most of my closest gaming friends have moved away). I want to play this with co-op, but I do not want to wait just to play a bit of it once in a blue moon.

No, it's only local coop.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Besides the bike level does any of the other later game stuff show up in the game? or is this game mostly just focusing on the beatem up part?

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
How's it control? Does it feel fluid, do hits feel impactful?

I wanna play again before I offer more concrete thoughts. There's something about the collision system in this current build that is rubbing me the wrong way, but that might be because I need to get the hang of juggling and attacking from mid-air, which I found really tricky to pull off in my first hands-on session.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sorry to say that but I know the guy from the source tweet (not Klobrille, NilOggier), I was moderating him in a French forum, he's a delusional Xbox fan that could tell lies every time he gets the chance to hype up an Xbox game.

Trust me, he's not a reliable source, I'm waiting for a better one.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
This art style have a long way to grow on me. Maybe will never, sadly I can't not write it off my interest list based just on visuals alone for now.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I keep saying it, but highlight of e3 for me. Looks like a lot of fun, and im glad its still difficult as that was a concern for me. Personally, i like the artstyle, but each to their own.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
but do they understand battletoads enough to make it a gimmick platformer that people only think is a beat em up because they didn't get past the third level