• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I am not sure how this could work, only because we all know how BSG ends. I am not sure people are interested in a prequel or a side story, unless that dude story was a ship that never went to Earth and carried on the adventures of the 12 colonies.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am not sure how this could work, only because we all know how BSG ends. I am not sure people are interested in a prequel or a side story, unless that dude story was a ship that never went to Earth and carried on the adventures of the 12 colonies.
It's definitely a prequel

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like this show much, not a single character I felt like rooting for... so not excited, but curious to see his take.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite show of all time getting another series in the universe. I cannot wait.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully not a prequel, we already had two prequel attempts fail. Folks here seem to forget about Blood and Chrome

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
will wait for it to wrap up this time.

not gonna invest my eyes like i did with Caprica only for it to get cut short.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Would love to see it deal with the original 13th Colony and their expulsion from the 12 Colonies with Pythia and all that stuff.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot Sam is doing this one, and that its not a reboot. BSG was one of my favorite series and it still holds up, mostly because it took a completely different approach to hard sci-fi trek type shit, and just had really good emotional acting and storytelling. Makes me not as disappointed Mr Robot ended.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
There's a lot of open threads within BSG. If this isn't a prequel (and I really hope it isn't), then they could go with an Earth setting in the future, or they could explore what the Cylons did after BSG ended. Maybe a bit of both.

Or, as you say, they could insert another story about another ship (or fleet) running from the destruction of the Colonies, or (if they want to go way back) the destruction of Earth, or the destruction of Kobol. They'd technically be prequels I guess, but without the disadvantage of us knowing how the story would end.

Hopefully not a prequel, we already had two prequel attempts fail. Folks here seem to forget about Blood and Chrome
I don't think Blood & Chrome even got a proper chance to fail, but yes, even if it had been given a chance I doubt it would have achieved a whole lot.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
An actual sequel would be "our" future though, which just doesn't seem like an interesting story.

Unless they do the Transformers thing and show how some of the great historic figures in history were Human-Cylon hybrids and they just tell those stories. lol

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I would love if the story was set in modern day with NASA spotting the derelict Battlestar Galactica orbiting the sun somewhere beyond Mercury and mounting a mission to explore and retrieve it.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The only way this works is if they somehow manage to find the space to make a sequel, because honestly, a prequel or side story would be deflating for me, considering how it all ends.

Kevinception

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2020
Oh I was wrong. It was Earth all along. Well you finally made a monkey, yes you finally made a monkey, you finally made a monkey out of me.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Michael Lesslie, who was the lead writer and showrunner of AMC's spy drama The Little Drummer Girl and penned scripts for Macbeth and Assassin's Creed, is to create, write and exec produce the series.

The new Battlestar Galactica comes from Mr Robot and Homecoming exec producer Sam Esmail, who struck a big overall deal with NBCU's Universal Content Productions last year. It is produced by Esmail Corp and UCP with Esmail and Chad Hamilton also exec producing.

NBCU's Universal produced the original Glen A. Larson-created Battlestar Galacticaseries for ABC, and UCP, then known as Universal Cable Productions, produced the successful

deadline.com

‘Battlestar Galactica’: Michael Lesslie To Write & Exec Produce Peacock Reboot Of Sci-Fi Franchise

Peacock’s reboot of Battlestar Galactica has found its world builder - The Little Drummer Girl creator Michael Lesslie.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
4 years on and we are finally "going to pilot soon" says Esmail. He also says he isn't going to recapture the Moore magic as that is firmly in the post-9/11 society for its story roots. He feels like BSG should be a show that captures the feelings of the time it is being made in, so his version will have very 2020s style issues to inform their stories.

Also, he is taking the reins of the pilot, but will still be handing it off to other show runners as he wants a variety of voice telling this story.

Nu-BSG (BSG23) Update

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Makes me think this will be focusing a lot on the thirteen colonies before the fall. Caprica kind of got into this as well.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Caprica had so much potential. There are still a lot of interesting stories to tell in this world. Really looking forward to this.

Bunkem

Prophet of Truth
Aug 25, 2021
I completely forgot about this. Pre-covid news feels like it was 50 years ago. Glad it's still coming along, anyway!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
4 years on and we are finally "going to pilot soon" says Esmail. He also says he isn't going to recapture the Moore magic as that is firmly in the post-9/11 society for its story roots. He feels like BSG should be a show that captures the feelings of the time it is being made in, so his version will have very 2020s style issues to inform their stories.

Also, he is taking the reins of the pilot, but will still be handing it off to other show runners as he wants a variety of voice telling this story.

Nu-BSG (BSG23) Update
That's cool. Does he have another, major show or movie planned that he will lead? I was hoping he'd devote more energy to this beyond directing a pilot.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't understand if this was coming why BSG is not on Peacock anymore as of a couple months ago.