• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I bought it on sale last year, and then played the shit out of it a few months ago. It's really a fun multiplayer game. Campaign looks nice, but it is much less exciting

Marengo

Oct 28, 2017
I got this last week having heard all the positive buzz lately. While it looks nice and there is a lot of varied content, I just did not enjoy playing it at all. I think the campaign just soured my experience; its frustratingly easy to die and half the time shots seem to get snagged on invisible level clutter. The only element I enjoyed was the Starfighter battles.

The scale and chaos of the multiplayer battles can be very impressive though. But it's a bit hard to git gud when everyone is Chewbacca. Guess I'm too late to the party.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Had a really bizarre and great matchup on here a few weeks ago. Loaded heroes and villains with a lot of afks. The enemy team came to our spawn and found them. Instead of attacking we all worked together to make a jedi/sith stack that was 6 players tall! Eventually me and another guy on my team decided to fake duel for a bit and it ended up taking us to the centre of the map.

That's when shit got interesting. Someone wrote "duel?" On the ground with a blaster. Everybody jumped onto a nearby raised ledge as 1 from each team took the centre stage. We spectated and then a new pair would be sent onto the field to fight. This match lasted 45 minutes of pretty intense duels and we were well balanced leaving us with 1 point left each team at the final duel. All of this happened, but none of us had mics. It's one of the most unusual experience I've had in mp for a reall long time but it was kinda awesome.

I got this last week having heard all the positive buzz lately. While it looks nice and there is a lot of varied content, I just did not enjoy playing it at all. I think the campaign just soured my experience; its frustratingly easy to die and half the time shots seem to get snagged on invisible level clutter. The only element I enjoyed was the Starfighter battles.

The scale and chaos of the multiplayer battles can be very impressive though. But it's a bit hard to git gud when everyone is Chewbacca. Guess I'm too late to the party.

I felt the struggle the first few days too but stick with the mp a bit and experiment with what works for you on what maps and with what loadouts. They seem to have xp boosted events pretty often too. I played heroes vs villains on one of those weekends and got 4 of my favourite characters maxed out pretty easy, while getting a lot better idea of how to use them when in the bigger mp modes.

You will be able to level up the other classes pretty efficiently too even without boosted xp, just need to find what's going to work well for you. It's also worth bearing in mind though that sometimes the odds can be so stacked against you by team imbalance, that having some bad matches isn't on you or an enormous rift in gear load out options, but rather the entire teams inability to hold ground

Neolombax

Nov 28, 2018
My personal wish for Battlefront 2 is to have a server browser. I live in Malaysia and it is ridiculously hard to find matches. I'm dying to play the game, but I can't find any matches and I end up uninstalling it again. The next time an update comes out, I'll re-install, only to be disappointed and deleted, again.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying BFV with the Pacific Theatre stuff, when I get sick of that I might check out Battlefront 2 again. Is it FTP now?

GoldenAxe007

Feb 11, 2018
This and Rainbow Six: Siege were the biggest turnarounds this gen

giphy.gif

What about No Man's Sky?

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
I spent so many hours in Starfighter Assault. Probs my favourite Star Wars ship combat game ever.

Shame it had so much hate that scared people off. Seems like once Dice reversed their poor decisions it got a lot better.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
But are there are new maps for Starfighter Assault? No? Not going back then. I go back every new map drop but those modes just pale in comparison to how much fun I have in Starfighter Assault which these days I can barely find a game for. Most of the servers I join are empty.

Madness80

Feb 28, 2018
Can't help but wonder what is coming for The Rise of Skywalker. After that update I hope they bring Scariff back from BF1 and the rumored for a while now, Ahsoka playable character.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I stayed away from this game like most others that decided to take a stand against loot boxes. I finally got it a few months ago for real cheap since they appeared to have repented. Actually enjoyed the SP campaign. Been meaning to play it online

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I've been playing it quite a bit lately and have been very impressed. Just simple fun multiplayer thrills with weapon and unlock progression as typical of most similar games.

Solid maps, gorgeous visuals. I never bothered at launch, but in its current state, thumbs up.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
At this point, the talk of watered-down gunplay has put me off more than the lootbox fiasco. I loved how unique every blaster felt in BF2015.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
It's a solid shooter and one of the better Star Wars games. Shame the beta and launch were just so awful. Hopefully DICE keeps adding stuff, Ahsoka & Asajj would be sweet additions along with a standard conquest game mode.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I love it, really good experience. It came around very well despite the bad launch.
Much better game than BFV will ever be :(
It's a much more complete game, when it comes to content. And as a Homefront multiplayer vet, I love the Battlepoints system. But there's just something about the combination of the game's mechanics and the TTK that make it feel like it all boils down to who can get headshots the quickest and then steamroll. BFV, for all of its other faults, gives the players plenty of tools to deal with players that can aim better than you or have better equipment.

Still, Battlefront 2 wins hands down when it comes to atmosphere. BFV really blew it on that front.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
It's fun, though I still don't like the progression systems. Far too punishing for new players while not greatly contributing to playstyle variety.

radiotoxic

Oct 27, 2017

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I heard the game is WAY better now with all of the content drops so I should probably jump back in. I thought it was a vast improvement over BF1 but felt there was still something missing when I played it back at launch (Had nothing to do with the MTX).

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
I can't remember right, so correct me if I'm wrong, but does it still lock you out of earning credits after playing a mode for awhile in real time like a mobile game does?
Also are loot boxes gone completely?

No modes that lock you out of credits at all, ever.

Loot boxes are mostly gone completely. At best, they are completely ineffectual towards any kind of legitimate progression. You can still buy crystals in the store, but there isn't even a daily box anymore. It's like they don't exist.

No one plays this on xbox. Gamepass ultimate subscribers manage to get one month of ea access but no one appears on xbox... such a shame.

Certain modes might be barren, but I can always find a GA, Supremacy, or HvV game going on Xbox. And it isn't always the same people, either.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I didn't buy at launch out of protest after loving the first and even platinuming it. But when I got this I platinumed and enjoyed the hell out of it. First 6 months the content updates were way too few. But it's picked up nicely since and the best part is there's more to come.

Only bad thing is they never upped the level cap.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Absolute disaster at launch, but has since become a perfectly solid game. Shooting still doesn't feel great though.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
No modes that lock you out of credits at all, ever.

Loot boxes are mostly gone completely. At best, they are completely ineffectual towards any kind of legitimate progression. You can still buy crystals in the store, but there isn't even a daily box anymore. It's like they don't exist.

Certain modes might be barren, but I can always find a GA, Supremacy, or HvV game going on Xbox. And it isn't always the same people, either.

only find heroes vs villains. I eanted to play the 40 player mode... such a bummer

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
In some ways I'm thankful for the launch of this game. I think it has massively damaged the plans of publishers to monetize games through RNG elements. This and NFS Payback has gone so far so quick that it has essentially ruined it for all the others too.

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
My biggest gaming regret.

Amazing that the game added more content than the first EA battlefront, yet IMO wasn't as near as good.

I understand that the game has changed a lot since release, but I'm still not going back.

For some reason, I was always kicked out of the servers as well. All other games are fine online, but with BF2 and Battlefield V, I always lost connection to the servers?! I can't say it's all EA games either because FIFA and Titanfall 2 worked perfectly, but BF2 and Battlefield V always kicked me out? So yeah, that's another reason I can't go back.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Mind boggling that all that drama and uproar happened TWO years ago...

Oct 26, 2017
EA can easily make a Battlefront I + II SKU for PS5 and Scarlett launch at 40$ and sell a fuckton of copies.

100 GB are probably enough.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a shame it launched the way it did because the core gameplay is pretty fun and they really managed to turn it around over time.

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
I bought it a week a go for 8€ (bundled with BF1 complete edition, BF2 alone was 9€!!) and till now was a great purchase. The campaign looks interesting, and multiplayer modes are varied. I think I will have game for a long time whenever I am on the mood to a multiplayer game.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
It's a much more complete game, when it comes to content. And as a Homefront multiplayer vet, I love the Battlepoints system. But there's just something about the combination of the game's mechanics and the TTK that make it feel like it all boils down to who can get headshots the quickest and then steamroll. BFV, for all of its other faults, gives the players plenty of tools to deal with players that can aim better than you or have better equipment.

Still, Battlefront 2 wins hands down when it comes to atmosphere. BFV really blew it on that front.

you are totally right. For example , IMO the game would be even better without heroes.
I like FPS/war games with a good atmosphere, where you can feel part of the warfare, with a lot of sounds and action going on, and I think Battlefront 2 and BF1 are winners on this aspect. BFV not too much.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
Redownloaded this a couple of days ago because the fallen order hype is real, and I can't afford that until payday next week.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
But where are new weapons? They should really bring out some more for every class.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
I just downloaded this from EA Access. I didn't have much hope in the game judging by the sourness players feel about the release and lack of content. I've only played SP, and I'm hooked. I'm not much into the Star Wars universe, excluding the original films, so I don't have the Star Wars hype so to speak. I like how the story is playing out so far and the characters are pretty well done. I really like the first Han Solo mission. So far, I'm having fun with this game and I think DICE did a good job creating the universe. It's definitely worth a play through in my opinion.