• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Providence is such a good map.

Why?

• No planes
• Mix of urban and countryside
• Multiple routes to every point: flanking enabled.
• Medium-sized yet compact at the same time
• Full array of ground-vehicles instead of braindead 2 tank-loadout in the Pacific

If we had less stinkers like Hamada and Wake Island, and more maps like Providence, the game would be so much more enjoyable.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul

Why?

• No planes
• Full array of ground-vehicles instead of braindead 2 tank-loadout in the Pacific

If we had less stinkers like Hamada and Wake Island, and more maps like Providence, the game would be so much more enjoyable.

It's a great map. One of the best in the game.

I also really Al Marj Encampment. It's a meat grinder map, but done well.

Oct 26, 2017

Why?

• No planes

Honestly it's the best one in the game to me, I actually have fun on it. If more maps were like Province I would definitely come back, but the rest of the game is so unfun to me that I can't bring myself to cough up the space needed for the game on my hard drive.

The Pacific Maps are solid, Al Sundan is fine, and I can do without the rest. Not a single one.

Oh and the wheel tank meta is awful

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
xaf1dVjWo3J09iYQrsSwPMq3TrM8rlzP05W-bGuEqKU.png

C'mon man.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Stumbled upon this guy's channel, and damn, his aim is insane. And the fact that he's a PS4 player just makes it all the more crazy.

Oct 27, 2017
I am not hitting any fliegerfausts unless the plane is diving to where I roughly am. And even then, one salvo, even if it hits everything, isn't enough.

Without landing fliegerfausts, and by never learning how to pilot the plane, Pacific maps are hell to play in. Even when you get to play with the anti-air tank variant, it is kind of weak, Pacific planes are all-in-one type shitfest: fast, durable, manuvrable? , MGs, bombs.

At least in the normal maps, the payload planes are slower and easier to hit, not to mention the AA tanks are better than the anti-air specialization Pacific ones, right?

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Stumbled upon this guy's channel, and damn, his aim is insane. And the fact that he's a PS4 player just makes it all the more crazy.

Aim assist on consoles is godlike, so godlike even the 2a doesn't have a lot of recoil, even on the lower rate of fire spec, PC 2a has a ton of recoil, even burst firing, i notice this a year ago, PC and console players are playing 2 different games, the guns on console don't have the same amount of recoil as PC..probably one reason the game has no option for cross play..also consoles have Mouse/KB adapters that allow you to keep your aim assist with the precision of mouse aiming...

NubCakes09

Oct 28, 2017
How dead is this game on consoles? I'm trying to play conquest on ps4 but it shows only 9 games and all of them are full. So it puts me into a new server and there aren't enough players to start a game.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
I played on Xbox yesterday and conquest had 17 servers with almost full games all across the board (61/64 to 63/64 range)

I came back to this game about 2 weeks ago and while I enjoy the game a lot it's exhausting somehow? 1 or 2 matches and I'm done. Feels like I'm exhausted? I don't feel this way when I'm playing Battlefield 4 and I can't put my finger on why that is?

Does anyone feel similar?

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
I played on Xbox yesterday and conquest had 17 servers with almost full games all across the board (61/64 to 63/64 range)

I came back to this game about 2 weeks ago and while I enjoy the game a lot it's exhausting somehow? 1 or 2 matches and I'm done. Feels like I'm exhausted? I don't feel this way when I'm playing Battlefield 4 and I can't put my finger on why that is?

Does anyone feel similar?
bold: that's me with this game. i didnt play it for months and install this week to give another chance but i can't. moving from Bf1 operations to play this, kills my motivation to play BFv.

Oct 27, 2017
BFV is climbing Steam ranks, the sale is pushing the game close to 9k peak daily users on Steam alone. (the game was barely breaking 1k after the initial Steam launch hype)

A ton of new players on PC, but the same problem remains: cheaters and poor team balance.

If anyone is still playing, right now is probably the third spike in popularity (first was launch, second was Pacific, this is now) on PC.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I played a bit of BF1 last weekend, but I might jump into BFV this week to see if my region has more servers now.

It still hurts no eastern front though :(

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I've been playing a lot the last month again, and still loving this game! It's a ton of fun and very addictive.

Last edited:

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
people still play this fuckin' kusoge? I haven't touched it since march or april and don't regret it one bit.

Let's all jump over to Hell Let Loose on PC and get some squad action goin'

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing a lot the last month again, and still loving this game! It's a ton of fun and very addictive.
The game is and has always been amazingly fun to play. I'm playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 at the moment to cover my shooter needs, but i will come back to BFV that's for sure.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played BF5 in a while but I have been going through my backlog of recordings and uploaded a bunch of stuff. Made a montage of taking down planes.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
After well over a year hiatus started playing consistently again a few months ago and this game has reached BF2 level quality for me. So many 64 player servers and just a consistently good experience for hours on end. Funny because when BFV first launched it seemed to me like a fuckin flop as someone whose favorite games are BF Modern Combat and BF2.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally found a way to play the game smoothly on my system, that's a i5 8600k with GTX 1070 running on a 1080p 144hz G-Sync monitor. The game never ran bad but it was always hitching, DX12 made it better but it was still annoying and since a few friends and me play alot recently I played around with a few things and setting the game to DX11 while capping the FPS to 80 made it almost buttery smooth. I guess even with G-Sync my CPU needed the breathing-room it got by not always spiking to 100fps+ every few seconds.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
So with BF1 on the ps+ game collection I tried to round up a few people to play.

My friend got an error with his ea account "EA is being a dick. I can't play Battlefield online without reseting my password and when I reset it they don't send me the email that they tell me has been sent. 🤯"

Anyone come across this, he spent an hour, changing emails, etc. No joy.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I'm still playing and bfv is still my favorite game! Its even better on the series x and my new lg cx.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I'm at about 300 hours now, and having a great time. As jackfrags just said in a stream a week ago bfv is in a fantastic place right now. Most things work properly, visibility is decent, and the ttk is where I like it. It runs beautifully on the series x at 60fps as well.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at about 300 hours now, and having a great time. As jackfrags just said in a stream a week ago bfv is in a fantastic place right now. Most things work properly, visibility is decent, and the ttk is where I like it. It runs beautifully on the series x at 60fps as well.
Shit... Off to redownload... Again

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Just got this and Battlefront 2...I forgot how special Dice games are, and no other MP shooter feels nearly as cinematic as BF games.

BFV is the first BF game I didn't get at launch. Wish I grabbed it sooner though since it seems pretty fantastic and plays better than previous BF games to me. Playing on my PS5.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just got this and Battlefront 2...I forgot how special Dice games are, and no other MP shooter feels nearly as cinematic as BF games.

BFV is the first BF game I didn't get at launch. Wish I grabbed it sooner though since it seems pretty fantastic and plays better than previous BF games to me. Playing on my PS5.
It's a great game, even near launch, the game played okay - it just needed more content.

As for which platform has the most players, I'm not sure. Are the servers still populated?

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
It's a great game, even near launch, the game played okay - it just needed more content.

As for which platform has the most players, I'm not sure. Are the servers still populated?

haven't had any issues finding games on PS4. PS4 is usually the most popular platform for multiplayer games bar games like CS and Overwatch.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Played a few games just now on the Series X (and on my LG CX) and it looks awesome and plays so good!

I've never really sunk a ton of hours into the Battlefield series but I'm really impressed with how this plays. I know the game was in a rough state in the beginning so I can't comment on that but as of right now, I didn't have any issues jumping into games and whatnot.

This definitely has made me interested in this year's game. I might even put this game into rotation going forward. Such an intense game.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I only seem to get Urban maps when playing...are there any maps that incorporate all the vehicles\planses, etc...like Wake island?

Did they ever remake El Alamein? I would be happy if BFV was just those two maps.

Edit: Looks like I have been playing Tatical Conquest when I should've been playing Strategic Conquest all along.

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I only seem to get Urban maps when playing...are there any maps that incorporate all the vehicles\planses, etc...like Wake island?

Did they ever remake El Alamein? I would be happy if BFV was just those two maps.

Edit: Looks like I have been playing Tatical Conquest when I should've been playing Strategic Conquest all along.

To this day I never got the actual difference between the two modes, is it just the map-pool?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I re-installed it this weekend. Plays pretty well. Probably the best shooting they've had in a Battlefield. I also find building the fortifications very satisfying lol. Definitely needed a break from Warzone/Call of Duty. Gotta remind myself what truly great sniping is once in a while. I like the pseudo-sim stuff they added like animations for getting into vehicles and the options for having to physically pick up ammo and health. I hope Battlefield 6 doesn't reverse all of that and that it puts the vehicles back on the map. Let me take off and land the planes dammit!

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Fired it up yesterday with vorpX to play in VR which I haven't done in a while and fuck I forgot how totally of a different experience it is. There have probably been vorpX updates that have improved it from what I remember last time I played but other than HUD visibility issues which I don't care about, it's fucking great. And with head tracking plus some tweaks to FOV it's way easier to see enemies and my accuracy seemed better. Going to try and make more tweaks and play tonight. Not sure I'll play it in 2D again.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
I haven't played a Battlefield game since 3. With the recent ones being 120fps on Series X I'm getting the itch to go back in... Which ones have campaigns worth checking out?

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played a Battlefield game since 3. With the recent ones being 120fps on Series X I'm getting the itch to go back in... Which ones have campaigns worth checking out?
Battlefield 4 is probably the best of the newer ones, but that's not saying much.

BF1 has an incredible opening mission, and the rest is alright.

BFV was pretty mediocre, wouldn't recommend it.

No idea about Hardline.