• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Summer Update looking to be real good. A solid and content heavy update. Too bad there won't be anymore stuff after this.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks,
Last week, we set in motion our plans to deploy the Summer Update for Battlefield V.
We recognize that there are more important conversations taking place in the world today, so you haven't seen us publish promotional material around the update this week, similar to how we have in the past on Battlefield V.
We're otherwise encouraging that we all take notice of what's happening in the United States, as well as other places around the world, and ask how we can all do more, as we must do more.

Yesterday, we at EA committed ourselves to education and driving meaningful change through actions. This is a long-term commitment that you can read more about here.
Racism should not exist in our society. We stand with all of our African-American / Black colleagues and partners, families and friends, and everyone around the world who is ready to see it end.

Freeman
Battlefield Community Manager

📸 Al Marj Encampment

Battlefield V - Summer Update

Today we're informing you here of what to expect when the Summer Update goes live tomorrow morning.
It's a content-heavy update that adds two new maps, nine new weapons, six new vehicles, five new gadgets, and three new types of grenades.
The first of the two maps is the all-new Al Marj Encampment. Set in Libya, this is an infantry-only map, where you can expect both close-quarter fights and ranged combat depending on where you are on the battlefield. It's 64 players on Conquest and Breakthrough, with additional configurations available on Squad Conquest and Team Deathmatch.

The second map is a redesigned and expanded Provence. The play area has been extended to include the farm land, and areas around the outskirts of town, bringing tanks into this battlefield on 64-player Conquest, and Breakthrough.

Both of these maps feature the U.S. and German armies as the two playable factions, with additional changes having also been made to Twisted Steel and Panzerstorm. We'll be following up with a similar adjustment on Al Sundan later this month; in the interim this map won't feature in rotations while we make these changes. Twisted Steel and Panzerstorm will otherwise continue to operate as UK and German factions on Grand Operations and won't be adjusted in this mode.

To further support these faction changes, new vehicles have been added to the U.S. faction, and we've increased the number of U.S. soldier characters by 14, with 2 additional soldier characters also being added to Japan.

In the full Update Notes below, I've listed out all of the new weapons, gadgets, and grenades being added in this update. Players who download and login to Battlefield V throughout the next few weeks will receive these items as login rewards, which you'll be able to accept from the Armory, and equip via the Company. Later in June, these items will revert to the Company for purchase with Company Coin, for anyone who wasn't able to login and claim the items during this time.

The update goes live tomorrow morning across all platforms starting at 07:00 UTC and I'll keep you updated via the usual channels on its rollout.

Maps & Modes

New Maps:
  • Al Marj Encampment (Conquest, Breakthrough, TDM, Squad Conquest).
  • Provence (Conquest, Breakthrough, TDM, Squad Conquest).

Additional Changes:
  • Aerodrome - Removed the MG turret that was placed below the ground at the edge of the map.
  • Aerodrome - Removed the stationary weapon fortification that was placed into the ground near Sector F.
  • Al Sundan - This map has temporarily been removed from rotation whilst we address an issue with incorrect VO, following a change to the playable factions on this map. It will be returned to all rotations pending a Hotfix that we'll be releasing as soon as possible.
  • Marita - Fixed a hole in the wall by Zervos Farm which could be exploited.
  • Panzerstorm - All standard modes now feature U.S. vs. Germany (except Grand Operations).
  • Panzerstorm - German Army is now set as the defending force.
  • Twisted Steel - All standard modes now feature U.S. vs. Germany (except Grand Operations).
  • Twisted Steel - Outpost - Fixed the floating barrels and barbed wire near Radio Tower A.
  • Twisted Steel - Outpost - Players should no longer be able to get stuck between the barrels and the bridge strut near tower D.
  • Underground - Fixed an exploit that could disable smoke effects.
  • Combined Arms - Fixed the missing tab on the end of round screen.
  • Firestorm - Players will no longer enter a bleed out state when playing solo mode.
  • Practice Range - Added the missing Panzerbüchse 39 & Boys AT Rifle bi-pod when using them on the range.
📸 Provence

Weapons & Gadgets

New Weapons:
  • Sjögren Shotgun (Support)
  • Chauchat (Support)
  • M3 Infrared (Recon)
  • K31/43 (Recon)
  • Welgun (Medic)
  • M1941 Johnson (Assault)
  • PPK/PPK Suppressed (all classes)
  • M1911 Suppressed (all classes)
  • Welrod (all classes)
New Gadgets:
  • Doppel-Schuss (Recon)
  • RMN 50 Grenade Launcher (Recon)
  • Pistol Flamethrower (Assault)
  • Shaped Charge (Support)
  • Kampfpistole (Support)
New Grenades:
  • Firecracker Grenade (all classes)
  • Demolition Grenade (all classes)
  • Type 99 Mine (all classes)
Additional Changes:
  • Add-on Grenade Launchers for the Tromboncino and M1 Garand now try to switch to the main ammo type instead of the pistol when the player runs out of ammo. If no primary weapon ammo is available, a switch will be made to the pistol as normal. We think that this will lead to a better combat flow when the player ends up in these scenarios.
  • The Breda M1935 PG's fire switching sound can now be heard.
  • Fixed a bug where smoke grenades would sometimes detonate in different positions for different clients, or not detonate at all.
  • Unified the impact grenade's trajectory with the other frag grenades for improved consistency of grenade throws.
  • Slightly increased the time an impact grenade must travel, the amount it bounces off a surface, and detonation delay after bouncing. This won't substantially change the gameplay of the grenade, but will improve the pucker factor of having one of these thrown at you.
  • Fixed a bug with the Lunge Mine which would cause another knockback, when it had been selected again after a previous use.
Vehicles

New Vehicles:
  • A-20 bomber (U.S. Faction)
  • P-70 Night Fighter (U.S. Faction)
  • P-51D fighter plane (U.S. Faction)
  • P-51K fighter plane (U.S. Faction)
  • M8 Greyhound (U.S. Faction)
  • Puma Armored Car (German Faction)
Additional Changes:
  • Improved the transition to ragdoll when players die in a vehicle and made it so the vehicle/wreck is followed for the victim to make it a more interesting experience.
  • Fixed an issue with the Hachi that was causing it not to steer as well as intended when moving at higher speeds.
  • Smoke screen weapons on tanks and airplanes now properly block spots, and name tags.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the vehicle UI to show an incorrect position of the cannon, if the player had used it, and then switched seats.
  • AA guns now suppress on the same level as other vehicle MGs.
Planes
  • 500lb bombs now have lowered blast damage, and increased irreparable damage to make it a two-pass kill.
BF-109 G2
  • Specialization tree changes to compete with P51K.
  • Start loadout includes spotting flares and 2x50kg bombs.
  • Engine or gun upgrade at tier 1.
  • Defensive options or finned barrels at tier 2.
  • Ground attack options or leading edge for tier 3.
  • Finally some less critical upgrades for tier 4.
BF-109 G6
  • Specialization tree changes to compete with P51D.
  • Start loadout includes nitrous, smoke, and 2x rockets.
  • Explosion protection or gun upgrade at tier 1.
  • Defensive options or finned barrels at tier 2.
  • Ground attack options or leading edge for tier 3.
  • Nitrous now functions in the same way as the super charger for the Pacific planes.
  • Finally some less critical upgrades for tier 4.
📸 Al Marj Encampment

Soldier

New Soldier Characters:
  • 14 New U.S. Faction Soldiers.
  • 2 New Japan Faction Soldiers.
Additional Changes:
  • Additional fixes to prevent players from getting stuck in a bleeding out state. If this does not fix the problem, we hope that it will decrease the rarity from uncommon to rare.
  • Fixed a bug that would in some cases play the wrong voice over when a soldier spots a bomber.
UI & Other
  • Fixed an issue that would cause spotted enemies to not show on the mini-map if the player walked into their own smoke.
  • Added the missing descriptions for the Calliope and Hachi in the statistics tab.

Welp it was fun playing a ww2 bf game on the latest engine. Hopefully the next ww2 bf game wont be another 11 years.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I tried going back to BF1 bc of the atmosphere and the vanilla maps were pretty much all great in addition to about half the DLC maps but man the mechanical changes that BFV made are too good (outside of the terrible attachment/vehicle grind and upgrades)

Did they ever revert the fuckup they did with the gunplay and TTK?

Now that the last content update is coming is there gonna be a way to earn the cosmetics from past seasons or ToW or whatever or are they gone forever?

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I tried going back to BF1 bc of the atmosphere and the vanilla maps were pretty much all great in addition to about half the DLC maps but man the mechanical changes that BFV made are too good.

Did they ever revert the fuckup they did with the gunplay and TTK?

Now that the last content update is coming is there gonna be a way to earn the cosmetics from past seasons or ToW or whatever or are they gone forever?
They pretty much reverted gunplay and TTK back to Pre December.

Oct 26, 2017
Guys, Provence is a really good map. Like, really good. I have not clicked with a BFV map that quickly, was loving it right from my first match. Makes me sad to think that this game could have been enjoyable...

Also, how do you unlock all the new guns? I've only been given the Welrod and it says the new Chapter is coming soon and starts on May 4th... Wtf

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, Provence is a really good map. Like, really good. I have not clicked with a BFV map that quickly, was loving it right from my first match. Makes me sad to think that this game could have been enjoyable...

Also, how do you unlock all the new guns? I've only been given the Welrod and it says the new Chapter is coming soon and starts on May 4th... Wtf
all the guns will be unlocked later today

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
BF1 and BF4 are a better investement of time anyway, although I do really enjoy Provence.
Problem with BF1 is it takes almost a clip to kill someone when a sniper can do it in a shot or two.

Also I prefer the ammo and health system that BFV has, in addition to neat little additions like fortifications, crouch running and crouching in tank turrets.

A lot of garbage though too.

Oct 26, 2017
Problem with BF1 is it takes almost a clip to kill someone when a sniper can do it in a shot or two.

Also I prefer the ammo and health system that BFV has, in addition to neat little additions like fortifications, crouch running and crouching in tank turrets.

A lot of garbage though too.
I never had any real problem with the TTK, only with random bullet deviation. I do understand some of the complaints for the game but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
wish they made night versions of the maps too. And expanded the other Squad Conquest map. Oh well

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
One of the new scout gadgets is half a mosin. So that kinda makes me assume there was a Russian content in early development or something and was scrapped.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
I like the update somewhat. Provence is cool, the other map I haven't played enough. I just think it's baffling how it is ANOTHER infantry only map.
Apparently we are also about to finally get "authentic" uniforms for the Germans and the British. Great. Doesn't change the fact that we didn't have them for the majority of the game's lifespan and most people probably won't equip them.

DICE really needs to learn how to do GAAS. Obviously, if you look at Modern Warfare, Fortnite or Apex, big content drops down the line can absolutely be supported by selling cosmetics. Here's how I think it could have worked for a WWII game, or any historical setting for that matter:

Every faction has a standard uniform for each biome/theater of war, which is always auto equipped. Maybe switch it up a bit for the different classes, but keep it close to what soldiers were wearing during the conflict. THEN sell special outfits, like higher ranked soldiers or officers for the people who want something special and are willing to pay for it, like Elites are now, but not in that over the top kinda way. Characters are cool, as long as they fit into the setting. Smaller accessories like badges, weapon carvings etc. for the players who don't feel like spending 10 bucks on an outfit can still be sold for less than the outfits.

Don't let people mix and match pants to the "wrong" tops. Don't let people walk around with a forest camo on a snow map. It breaks immersion, it makes the game look like it's set in a post apocalyptic scenario where people had to scrape together their equipment. I actually think the system BFV had would work very well with an alternative history setting where the remaining people are fighting after some big apocalyptic event. Vehicles and uniforms just thrown together with what they still had, a bit like CoD:Ghosts' premise. That would actually also fit nicely with mechanics like the ammo and health stations or the fortification system.

On a related note: BFV had different colors for (some?) uniforms, but it just said "complete special assignment". WHAT ASSIGNMENT? WHY DOESN'T THE UI TAKE ME THERE FROM THE SELECTION SCREEN?

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Played a few rounds of Provence, it's a good update. Painfully good, makes you look at the sky and say... WHAT IF?

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I picked it back up after the update, and it's fun. Provence is a good map, but I have yet to play a single round of the new Middle East map. It's almost never available to play or there's one game going with seven people queued.

The equipment additions are nice. I've been using the flamethrower gun a bunch. It's super underpowered, but it's always fun to roll in to an area with a bunch of enemies grouped together, and go to town with it.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Picked it back up after the update and it's still fun mixed with frustration which is the story of BFV. This product went it's entire life without getting team balancing. You have to respect Dice's commitment to torpedoing their own game. Who isn't excited to load into multiple games where you're down 10 people multiple times in a row.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I think they've turned the catch up mechanic back up to convince people that it's more balanced than it is. Not a good alternative to actual balance.

The new maps both seem good, the Libyan one actually looks great on the xbox, which hasn't happened since BF4. Join Marita or Underground and it comes up afterwards, people always quit those maps when it goes wrong as well.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
zb8oeehykv351.png

Everybody please equip these.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
They took their sweet time i see with the correct uniforms. But i don't have any intention to install that game again.

Oct 26, 2017
zb8oeehykv351.png

Everybody please equip these.
I don't have nearly enough coin to afford these sadly... I might be willing to buy them, but I still feel so fucking burned by the deluxe edition I don't want to give them more money. But then again, these uniforms are what we've been asking for literally since day one, and I want to vote with my wallet. Literally the best cosmetics they've put out, no contest. Shouldn't have to pay money for this basic shit though...

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have nearly enough coin to afford these sadly... I might be willing to buy them, but I still feel so fucking burned by the deluxe edition I don't want to give them more money. But then again, these uniforms are what we've been asking for literally since day one, and I want to vote with my wallet. Literally the best cosmetics they've put out, no contest. Shouldn't have to pay money for this basic shit though...

I completely agree. Luckily, outside of tank customization, these are the first cosmetics I ever bought, so I had plenty of CC to spare.

Oct 26, 2017
I completely agree. Luckily, outside of tank customization, these are the first cosmetics I ever bought, so I had plenty of CC to spare.
Yeah I should have saved more, it is so wildly stupid you have to use CC for weapon specializations. I might throw out 5 bucks because I do like the skins, but then again I get sick of BFV easily. Really don't enjoy any of the maps outside of Provence, Iwo Jima, Pacific Storm, Solomon Islands, and Al Sundan. I don't know what it is about this game but the maps feel so off.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Breakthrough on the new map is quite enjoyable. Whether defending or attacking, it's pretty fun finding all of the different ways to hold them back or push forward.

Oct 27, 2017
Steam activity has reached 2k players today.

While miniature compared to what a big game on Steam has, 2000 players during the prime time is a huge boost to the population.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I hope EA shows something regarding the new bf game during EA play. Iirc, the next bf won't be out till next year, so there's a a lot of time before it drops and with bfv support gone..

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
I hope EA shows something regarding the new bf game during EA play. Iirc, the next bf won't be out till next year, so there's a a lot of time before it drops and with bfv support gone..

Well normally they don't show anything until the E3 a couple months before release. It's hard to believe they won't try to shit something out in time for when the new consoles launch though.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Against my better judgement reinstalled, lol first game, not only is he a bot he's a racist, saying all types of horrible shit about black people and the use of the n-word is strong with this loser, said to him hope EA doesn't ban you from BFV but bans your entire account, he said i hope so, i will just come back again EA can't stop me.
For botting a game ban is good enough, but for racism it should be hardware ban, don't let these players back...

Edit: his name is very offensive the way he bypass your censor with a different letter you gotta do better EA...

Last edited:

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
lol just join a game it was 3 vs 16, landed on the 16 team, Dice/EA stole money and then abandon the game, I have zero trust in EA/Dice more so EA, it may take me years before i buy another EA product..

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoying the game again since the latest update. Prior to that update i felt the sound was weak, so i didn't play much if at all. Now though it all feels and sounds great!
Is it just me having altered perceptions from time to time or went the sound up from bad to good with the latest update?

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Really enjoying the game again since the latest update. Prior to that update i felt the sound was weak, so i didn't play much if at all. Now though it all feels and sounds great!
Is it just me having altered perceptions from time to time or went the sound up from bad to good with the latest update?
Nothing has changed with sound. Its still awful.