• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Well on a positive note. More accurate uniform colors are coming. The bad? Aprils update is cancelled and nothinga happening till may. Yay to be a fan of battlefield...

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I wanted to try and get back in this, but Origin will literally not let me download games I don'''t have and in this case of BFV it just sits at the black initial loading screen with the spinning wheel forever and never goes anywhere. I tried everything here https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/ and uninstalling, deleting cache, everything. Still the same issues. Whyyyyyyy EA. No other issues with Steam, EA, BattleNet, Microsoft Games, etc., all work fine.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
This whole Chapter blows. Next week is another Tier Unlock. What a joke. Have no confidence in the next Chapter at all

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
She had a decent run for a minute there, then tripped over herself. So long old girl. You sure were a shitty horse.

bigred50

Oct 31, 2017
I cant even bring myself to play anymore. I keep wanting to enjoy the game, but I just can't. 300 hours of playtime on ps4, but meh.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017

The tech... isn't there >_>

2srxxo44e6q41.png

The UI.....is limited..... <_<

Deleted member 31423

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I waited a long while for BF to return to ww2. And of course it had to be the biggest failure. Even when the series does return. Ww2 BF is now forever dead and buried.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enormously disappointed in how this game turned out. BF5 had so much going for it: a renewed focus on objective play, no 3D spotting, super tight movement and responsive gunplay, unique classes for vehicles, and some damn good maps and modes.

But the post-launch support has just been a nightmare of technical issues, bad decisions that could've been avoided with a PTS (version 5.2!), and other weird problems, big and small.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The subreddit is kind of the only quick place I can learn what's going on. Despite the game being "fixed" by 6.2, there is not much else anyway, I have sadly left the game, only playing it like once every two weeks

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
So ive been playing the bare minimum each week. I do the Tow and quit. This week i will unlock the elite. That leaves like 4 more weeks of tier skips i dont need. I think i dont have to play the game now. Yay! lol
I mustve been doing the barest minimum since I'm a few short of getting Misaki.

Oct 27, 2017
BFV reached the bottom of the XBL chart (42th) in terms of active population. There are currently 5 CODs above it: COD WW2 and BO2 are more popular than BFV in 2020. Above and beyond the call!

People in BFV community are no more toxic than any other community. It is the attitude and support from DICE that is causing it...

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The community is incredibly toxic. Even worse than the COD community.

There is no excuse for the kind of behavior I see on the subreddit.

Oct 27, 2017
Almost a total lack of discussion about the game, pure hate filled memes or aggressive complaining posts. Extreme hyperbole, mocking devs.

What would you like to discuss about BFV?

The only real discussions are around leaks and datamining. Everything else is either not worth discussing, or has been talked to death already.

People would upvote and engage with the real reddit content if there was anything worthwhile engaging... In this void of eternally ignored problems and nothing to look forward, you get the shitposting and memeing to the maximum.

You see only the toxic side of BFV community because the other sides (DICE, youtubers, strategists, clans, game-feedback, anyone else etc.) have no content to present or discuss.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
BfV reddit has been mostly negative by a big margin since the game release but let's not act as if it was always a monolith which acted that way regardless of what Dice did/what happened to the game ( because of the lack of time and/or ressource, because of management or EA pressure, because of engine limitation, who know it's not like we are likely to ever get a truthfull answer ).
There was some very visible shift toward positivity at specific times, around the E3 roadmap, or pacific release. Because it was deserved at the time.

But how the hell do people expect a mostly positive community between those periods when outside of those two positive event ( big content roadmap reveal, big content release ) you deal with 2 tentative change in TTK, a BR mod sent to die, wasted work for a never released competitive mod, a roadmap which could not be followed aka Al Soondan, introduction of an invisible soldier bug which lasted for an entire month, you see and report obvious cheater which take 4 month to ban, and some of the most demanded feature like teambalancer still not be reintroduced to the franchise ( aka the tech is not there anymore, like x2 xp event, or even ribbons).

Deleted member 31423

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The servers are literally unplayable right now. God damn ice skating rink of lag. I hit a ping of 312 in the middle of a round. And im playing in my own regions servers. Amazing. I hate this game.

And now after hitting level 20 with the medic the thompson hasnt unlocked. Ugh.

Last edited:

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Tried out CoD Warzone since it's free...
So glad i didn't pull the trigger on MW if that what i played is representative of the game feel of other modes.

BFV feels so much better to me, it's a mess of a production, but the core gameplay is by far the best i've ever played in a online fps.
In comparison to MW, BFV feels like a masterpiece. I even enjoy Firestorm more than Warzone.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried out CoD Warzone since it's free...
So glad i didn't pull the trigger on MW if that what i played is representative of the game feel of other modes.

BFV feels so much better to me, it's a mess of a production, but the core gameplay is by far the best i've ever played in a online fps.
In comparison to MW, BFV feels like a masterpiece. I even enjoy Firestorm more than Warzone.
Yep, despite everything I still love the core gameplay of BFV and it keeps me coming back, especially for the Pacific and Greek maps.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
So there is a Reddit rumor saying that they are apparently working on a rework of Operations to be more like BF1's. I like that idea very much, as long as it's different enough from just playing Breakthrough. Imagine them doing this and disabling character customization in it. It would be a dream come true if, you know, the tech is there for it.

lzy89s098er41.jpg

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Good if it happens cuz BFV's Grand Operations blows. No one plays the mode.

BF1's Operations was so fun and I often found myself playing it a lot

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
if that see the light, i will be back to the game. by far the best thing on BF1. Still play the game because operations.

about bfv, i dont play it for months and tbh, i dont miss it at all.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's going on with this on PC, every time I search for Conquest matches it puts me in empty servers or with 4-6 people. I have to list the servers and there's only 5-6 full servers with 64 people. NA East region... why is this so dead.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
I'm enormously disappointed in how this game turned out. BF5 had so much going for it: a renewed focus on objective play, no 3D spotting, super tight movement and responsive gunplay, unique classes for vehicles, and some damn good maps and modes.

But the post-launch support has just been a nightmare of technical issues, bad decisions that could've been avoided with a PTS (version 5.2!), and other weird problems, big and small.
After around 80 hours, I have to agree. I deleted the game few weeks ago and didn't play for months. I was there when it looked really bad for them. But it amazes me how bad and uncontrolled the post game release plan was. As you said, so many false decisions. They should have delayed the game for 6-9 months to have a better ground to stand on. Release wasn't good. Then they decided to launch a Battle Royale mode, they barely invested any resources or time. Plus the co-op mode, where they extended it - nonsense IMO.
It took them one year to bring the tank skins, even this was a promised launch feature.

Guys, don't get me wrong. I love the Battlefield Franchise but how they managed the post launch is so embarrassing, it's pathetic. If you look what other devs do, especially IW with Modern Warfare... I really hope they will somehow surprise us with BF6 and blow us away, but for now, I'm done with BF5 but highly anticipating the next one.