• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
I've played BF1 and now BFV since their release and my aim hasn't gotten any better. It's so frustrating.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I've reached bazooka unlock and can finally put this game to bed for a while I think.
While I have appreciated the TTK changes with 6.2, I found that the game didn't hold my attention span for longer than I thought it would tbh.

Did have fun popping fools with the M1 Garand at least now that's a viable weapon again.

Overall for me, the game is just a tad boring atm and call me greedy but it badly needs another injection of content imo.
Obviously things like zero auto-balancer don't help with motivation to continue playing in servers when my team is being crushed round after round.

Thankfully, the onslaught of new 2020 games is finally beginning.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm not a big CoD fan, but the way they're releasing Warzone and integrating it into the main game looks really good.
If only DICE had released Firestorm in similar fashion.......

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Anyone from EU region playing on PS4? If anyone's interested and like to play objectives post your PSN ID. I guess older than 25year olds would be great..

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
I have the same problem. My 1907 never unlocked at level 8 and im 15.
The only current way to fix this is to contact EA support and have them unlock it for you. The mg42 and zh29 were unlocked this way for me.

But this bug has been in the game in varying forms since it launched. Crazy that Devs still haven't fixed it.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
They actually fixed foot steps with this new patch. I can honest to god hear the enemy now and it makes a drastic difference in my k/d and ability to flank.

On the other hand those fucking spotting flares are the bane of my existence. Like why do they even work in the underground map?

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
They actually fixed foot steps with this new patch. I can honest to god hear the enemy now and it makes a drastic difference in my k/d and ability to flank.

On the other hand those fucking spotting flares are the bane of my existence. Like why do they even work in the underground map?
they didnt, still completely random

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So I finally got around to playing on PC for the first time and BOY was that unplayable. Seemed like half the other team were cheating to some degree. Seeing through walls, instant headshots, etc. Does DICE not care about hacking? Seems less prevalent than even BF4, which in itself has a hacking problem.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So I finally got around to playing on PC for the first time and BOY was that unplayable. Seemed like half the other team were cheating to some degree. Seeing through walls, instant headshots, etc. Does DICE not care about hacking? Seems less prevalent than even BF4, which in itself has a hacking problem.

i think radar cheats are extremely prevalent in this game. its the battlefield with the least amt of spotting but by far the largest amt of suspicious kills and tracking ive ever experienced in an FPS. every us west server is also constantly flooded with Asians so ya.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
i think radar cheats are extremely prevalent in this game. its the battlefield with the least amt of spotting but by far the largest amt of suspicious kills and tracking ive ever experienced in an FPS. every us west server is also constantly flooded with Asians so ya.
Yeah, I had plenty of deaths where I was just thinking, "It's absolutely impossible for him to have known I was hiding there."

Deleted member 8901

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe there's still no auto team balance. Played so many fucking games where we've been down 5+ players vs the other team.

Oct 26, 2017
Brand new build, RTX 2080 Ti, 3950x... thought maybe DX12 mode would work with it. Nope, stuttery mess, back to DX11 for me. WTF?

Firestorm is so dead for me on PC (South America).
I decided to boot it up tonight (NA), and I played two solo games, one with 10 players, one with 11. The second game I killed 6 and won the game. I think the only people playing are people who really really want to get a BR win and are happy to hide on an empty map for 25 minutes in order to do so.

And what's completely crazy is that when you kill people in solos... they go into DBNO... with no hope of being revived, so I guess if you're not careful they might trade you out with a lucky pistol shot... like wtf. I guess the real threat is you'd get third partied while dumping an extra 20 bullets into a guy you already killed.

The looting situation is still a nightmare, it was difficult and nerve wracking to loot a corpse in a game with 10 fucking people in it.

I'm not a big CoD fan, but the way they're releasing Warzone and integrating it into the main game looks really good.
If only DICE had released Firestorm in similar fashion.......
For real, and it's not like we didn't suggest it at the time. Just released and abandoned, it's really ridiculous. What's fucking hilarious is that it's basically a fixed version of Firestorm. The loot actually spreads out enough to where you can see it and pick through it. The ammo and armor pickups are automatic. The plate system works just like Firestorm but without the base armor level, so it's much easier to deal with and also generally more fair. They more or less have Firestorm's "capture the thing" assignment, along with some others for a little variety.

It's all stuff that was obvious and everybody complained about at the time that they just never bothered to fix. Disgraceful what they did with Firestorm.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason the background for TOW week of March 26 is Rotterdam, and it's the only one that's different from the rest. I would wager that's when a new map will release, and then next chapter is a new theatre.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
As posted on the BFV subreddit:
uuyj0dhutan41.png

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
So either they implemented team balancing or (more likely) they fucked up the Rush rotation because I was just defending like 4 games in a row.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
you know what, DICE? just remaster BFBC2 and dont change anything else gameplay wise. That's all i want. I will pay you good monies for this.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
As much as I'd love a return to the BC2 days, players haven't understood Rush for years, I don't think even an exact copy would work now. Any sort of tinkering to try and help them would only lead to a disaster.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
Christ I just hate Rush, haven't enjoyed it since BFBC2.

I'm actually having a lot of fun with it right now, wish it was on more maps even. It lets you move more freely than Breakthrough, with a lot more opportunities for a tactical approach. They could throw in a tank here and there though, the maps without them feel kinda team-deathmatchy.

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Rush is the goat BF game mode. I agree with BC2, remaster, tweak helicopters and that game is good to go. Haven't enjoyed a BF nearly as much as BC2.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
God, I hate Rush. I want to do the weekly events, but I can't get on a team that can blow up or protect a single explosive device - not one, and this playing on three different occasions. I've had a match that lasted under four minutes.

Deleted member 31423

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
God, I hate Rush. I want to do the weekly events, but I can't get on a team that can blow up or protect a single explosive device - not one, and this playing on three different occasions. I've had a match that lasted under four minutes.

It took me forever yesterday to get the call in 60000 squad points. I played 5 straight losing rounds. Even switched servers to no avail. There isn't time to flank the enemy team when they're steamrolling and arming objectives before you can even get around them.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
It took me forever yesterday to get the call in 60000 squad points. I played 5 straight losing rounds. Even switched servers to no avail. There isn't time to flank the enemy team when they're steamrolling and arming objectives before you can even get around them.

It's rough, man. I need to get on a team that doesn't implode immediately, so I can try to figure out the flow of Rush. Like you said, every match my team just gets steamrolled.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I just tried BFV with my new Steelseries Arctis 7 headset with DTS X v2 and wow it's a completely different sound-experience I'm blown away o.o

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Rush had sucked for the reason it has sucked for years the maps aren't designed for it.
I have had a good experience with Rush this past week, but man, if you get a bad squad, it completely can devastate your experience. Like your squad leader powers are completely nuked by a poor performing squad and allows for the other team who has a better squad to completely dunk on you with smoke, bombings, tanks, etc.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Also, can anyone explain these "Tier Unlocks" for "Chapter Awards"? Am I missing something, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me? I searched on Google, but didn't find a straight forward answer. The answer might be right in front of me, but I am definitely not seeing it after a couple weeks of these unlocks.

lzxnTHP.jpg

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Also, can anyone explain these "Tier Unlocks" for "Chapter Awards"? Am I missing something, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me? I searched on Google, but didn't find a straight forward answer. The answer might be right in front of me, but I am definitely not seeing it after a couple weeks of these unlocks.

lzxnTHP.jpg

Unlocks now are ToW level instead of weekely challenges. It needs less work to award you with an instant level tier to unlock something. This is either having in mind that less people were working on the game, but also because even less now do because of coronavirus

In my case, I needed a level to unlock the bazooka, and I like rush, so I played this week,

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks you can't choose when to use your tier unlock though. Higher tiers need more XP, right? Does that also mean that if I have, say, 10 XP left until the next tier I effectively waste a tier unlock if I get it at that moment?

I don't even care about any of the cosmetics but it was quite the grind for the bazooka. I don't think I would have even unlocked it if it wasn't for the quarantine.

Deleted member 31423

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Sucks you can't choose when to use your tier unlock though. Higher tiers need more XP, right? Does that also mean that if I have, say, 10 XP left until the next tier I effectively waste a tier unlock if I get it at that moment?

I don't even care about any of the cosmetics but it was quite the grind for the bazooka. I don't think I would have even unlocked it if it wasn't for the quarantine.

No. Xp carrys over. If your level 12 with 10 xp till 13. The unlock makes you 13 with 10 xp till 14.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Unlocks now are ToW level instead of weekely challenges. It needs less work to award you with an instant level tier to unlock something. This is either having in mind that less people were working on the game, but also because even less now do because of coronavirus

In my case, I needed a level to unlock the bazooka, and I like rush, so I played this week,
Got it, so it is kind of an autopilot program for them right now? It just seemed like these bonuses were not worth it recently as before I was at least unlocking actual guns, skins, etc.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Got it, so it is kind of an autopilot program for them right now? It just seemed like these bonuses were not worth it recently as before I was at least unlocking actual guns, skins, etc.

Yeah, pretty much. They can develop a set of 40 levels unlock, and whatever is left goes to the ToW weekely challenges. Instant level ups provide an unlock every week anyway

Oct 27, 2017
I love battlefield, i really do. But i've completely stopped playing.

they give us a full year without snap aim assist , only slowdown. The way it should be.

Now they completely removed slowdown (they did this latest patch, WTF ??!??) and still have snap aim assist like SP games..

Like holy fucking shit DICE, who is making these decisions over there??? The gunplay was the only thing keeping me, it was really good. Now it's just who locks on first dumb garbage.

The gunplay is not the reason nobody is playing this game, it's the god awful reveal and horrible support.

Oct 29, 2017
I love battlefield, i really do. But i've completely stopped playing.

they give us a full year without snap aim assist , only slowdown. The way it should be.

Now they completely removed slowdown (they did this latest patch, WTF ??!??) and still have snap aim assist like SP games..

Like holy fucking shit DICE, who is making these decisions over there??? The gunplay was the only thing keeping me, it was really good. Now it's just who locks on first dumb garbage.

The gunplay is not the reason nobody is playing this game, it's the god awful reveal and horrible support.

Why not just turn off aim assist in the options?

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
So I decided to play some Firestorm today (I know right?) and besides being kinda fun because it is a lot more barebones than Warzone (can't keep up with the kids) there is now a bug where the bleeding out state is also present in solos. Cool!

I'm trying to not be cynical about this game anymore and I have been having a lot of fun with it since the latest patch but damn, I can't help but imagine what the game would be like with "authentic" or at least fitting uniforms like BF1 had. It's such a minor thing but I have always played Battlefield for the immersion, and this game just does not immerse me at all.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I dont see how anyone can enjoy this game. The experience is just awful as a whole. I couldnt even crack 50 hours. Usually im close to 1000 for battlefields. BF3 and BF4 were over 1000.