• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
There has to be some other problem, programming a team balancer is something a single dev should be abled to do before lunch break. Or they don't give a shit.

That's kind of disingenious. Programming software is a bitch and even if a single dev should be able to do it in a short time frame theoretically, that doesn't mean the circumstances in the real world always align to make it practically doable. For all we know the code in the background could be such a mess that autobalancing is not possible without extensive amounts of work that would be better spent elsewhere at the moment.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
That's kind of disingenious. Programming software is a bitch and even if a single dev should be able to do it in a short time frame theoretically, that doesn't mean the circumstances in the real world always align to make it practically doable. For all we know the code in the background could be such a mess that autobalancing is not possible without extensive amounts of work that would be better spent elsewhere at the moment.

Which is why I said there has to be some other (underlying) problem. Believe me I know how much of a bitch programming can be, but the code in the background being such a mess that they for some reason can't do autobalancing isn't really an excuse, is it? It really shouldn't be like that in the first place.

An algorithm that ranks players (or squads) in a server by some metric like score per minute and then balancing the teams by that is an absolutely trivial problem, something a computer science freshman can solve. So that really can't be the reason they aren't doing it.

Essentially there are three options:

- Something about the game is so fucked that they can't switch players to the other team after they have joined the server (which would explain why you can't deliberately switch teams either)

- They don't want balancing because they believe players don't want to get switched to the losing team

- They don't give a shit

Of course this is me talking out of my ass with limited knowledge. However, I don't feel even remotely bad about it, because they could just simply explain or even acknowledge the problem, which they choose not to for reasons beyond me.

Same goes for the blatant LOD switching issues, something that has been indirectly acknowledged in this very thread to be something they aren't allowed to talk about.

Oct 27, 2017
Which is why I said there has to be some other (underlying) problem. Believe me I know how much of a bitch programming can be, but the code in the background being such a mess that they for some reason can't do autobalancing isn't really an excuse, is it? It really shouldn't be like that in the first place.

An algorithm that ranks players (or squads) in a server by some metric like score per minute and then balancing the teams by that is an absolutely trivial problem, something a computer science freshman can solve. So that really can't be the reason they aren't doing it.

Essentially there are three options:

- Something about the game is so fucked that they can't switch players to the other team after they have joined the server (which would explain why you can't deliberately switch teams either)

- They don't want balancing because they believe players don't want to get switched to the losing team

- They don't give a shit

Of course this is me talking out of my ass with limited knowledge. However, I don't feel even remotely bad about it, because they could just simply explain or even acknowledge the problem, which they choose not to for reasons beyond me.

Same goes for the blatant LOD switching issues, something that has been indirectly acknowledged in this very thread to be something they aren't allowed to talk about.

I think we can agree that this among many other things is just a symptom of a deeper systemic problem at Dice and not necessarily the inaptitude or the indifference of the programmers who work on these things.

Frostbite seems to have been a problemchild in general since EA decided to outsource it to it's other studios.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
www.reddit.com

r/BattlefieldV - Community Broadcast: Weapon Adjustments in 6.2

2,446 votes and 1,343 comments so far on Reddit

6.2 is coming next week.

yqyakn74uij41.png

Wow.

Tank Customization will have its own separate broadcast.

lol oh. my. god. What a waste of time 5.2 was.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

They had this system in previous titles. Previously, third party plugins for servers could do it too. This is not beyond a AAA studio. It's just a matter of priorities.

DICE came out and said that "obviously the team balance situation is broken" and that they'd address it, but that was a few months after launch. Crickets since.

Not to mention the god awful UI and assignment system that actively encourages people to quit. No map voting. No basic team switch. No actual community servers with admins. It's like they're trying to commodify the Battlefield experience as much as possible while stripping away what made it Battlefield in the first place. This shit isn't annual Call of Duty. It's not FIFA. It never will be.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
At least they listen I guess.
At least... it seems this will be close enough to 5.0 to make me reinstal the game and see the maps released since ( wake and jungle whatever ) and the new tools.
Can't say I'm going back to the game with an happy mindset thought, what a fucking shit show those 3 months were.... for nothing.

I really hope we will get some good insight of what happened at Dice kind of like we did from kotaku ( i think ) with anthem. Because on one hand we hear some things from Glassdoor post, Johann Gerell, ex people who worked on frostbite; on the other we have people working there, some time on resetera directly who come to defend EA, Dice, frostbite.... but at the end of the day what we, as consumer see, is shit like what happened this winter... last winter... things which only makes sense if the engine has some serious limitation ( way the assignement works and can't be changed during a game ), etc..

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
They did auto balance so well in BF1 imo and allowed for Team Switching as well. BFV? nothing.

I rather not have them include Map Voting since it'll just be the same 5 maps over and over like with BF1. If you really want to play a map, Server List is just as good.

The upcoming 6.2 update has gone full circle. It just ended up with BFV potentially losing a good chunk of their playerbase during the wasted 3 months.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah you've been constantly talking about your fundamental design issues with BFV beyond the crazy gun update for a while.

I feel you on just needing a break for the time being and playing some other MP games (I'm kinda interested in Hunt Showdown myself).
My other MP fix has been Titanfall 2 when I need the same.

Anyway, I probably said this a while back but I always enjoy reading your posts in here so it'll be nice to see watchu think about the new TTK update some time.

Cheers, I really appreciate the kind words :)

And yeah, you're probably right. A big break from the game and coming back when the gunplay is fixed (next week, I guess) along with some meaty incentive should give me a boost.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
So I picked the game back up after months of not playing. Solomon Islands is a pretty cool map.

Other than that, the game is pretty much 2A, and that's it, at least in the promoted squad conquest. I just got finished playing that mode, and every single person on my team is a medic with a 2A equipped. All eight of them. Every time I've died it's been to a 2A, so I'm going to imagine that the opposing team are all medics with 2As. 16 people in Battlefield rocking the same class and the same weapon because it's so OP in close quarters as to rendering everything else completely useless.

This game is so stupid.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017

So I picked the game back up after months of not playing. Solomon Islands is a pretty cool map.

Other than that, the game is pretty much 2A, and that's it, at least in the promoted squad conquest. I just got finished playing that mode, and every single person on my team is a medic with a 2A equipped. All eight of them. Every time I've died it's been to a 2A, so I'm going to imagine that the opposing team are all medics with 2As. 16 people in Battlefield rocking the same class and the same weapon because it's so OP in close quarters as to rendering everything else completely useless.

This game is so stupid.
Lucky for you, the 6.2 update is going live next week, reverting the TTK to near 5.0 levels while nerfing the 2A with significant recoil

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I just hope the tank customisation doesn't cause some weird bugs/glitches.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if "invisibility" returns as it did with certain combos of infantry outfits once upon a time.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul

Lucky for you, the 6.2 update is going live next week, reverting the TTK to near 5.0 levels while nerfing the 2A with significant recoil

That's good to know. It's crazy how powerful the 2A is right now.

I also noticed two maps I've never seen before; Provence and Lofoten Islands. I dropped this game after that terrible patch, but these maps were added before that apparently. How have I never seen these maps before? Are they never in conquest rotation?

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I also noticed two maps I've never seen before; Provence and Lofoten Islands. I dropped this game after that terrible patch, but these maps were added before that apparently. How have I never seen these maps before? Are they never in conquest rotation?
They are left overs from what was supposed to be their 5v5 competitive mode, sadly never reworked to be available for 64 players gamemodes.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
That's good to know. It's crazy how powerful the 2A is right now.

You'll never see em outside of small modes.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
So they are basically reverting the TTK? LOL.
Anyway looking forward to next week in hope they don't break anything in the process to bring back BFV to what it has been pre the TTK fiasko.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Tank customization can kiss my socks. Get the Team, weapon, and vehicle balance sorted and in a good place, then start fiddlin with the fun stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hey folks,

Our big focus for Update 6.2 targets a revision of our existing weapon balancing, returning the base time to kill values of most weapons back to the experience found at the start of Chapter 5. At distance, we've improved the damage drop off to ensure that the pace remains satisfying, and modified our Recoil values to ensure that gun's are both dangerous in combat, but harder to control.

Alongside these changes, we're also pleased to finally bring Tank Customisation to the game. Customise your Tanks with new Paint Jobs, Turret and Chassis dressings. You'll find new items available for purchase in Your Company, using Company Coin.

Below I've detailed all of the additional changes made to Battlefield V in this update, with changes being made to Solomon Islands and Wake Island, as well as improvements to Audio Prioritization.

See you on the Battlefield

Freeman
Battlefield Community Manager
Twitter: PartWelsh

‏‏‎ ‎

What's New?

• New Weapon Balancing ensuring a higher damage output, and improved damage dropoff
  • Tank Customisation

‏‏‎ ‎

Weapons and Gadgets

Update 6.2 returns the base damage at range values on most weapons, back to their previous standards used in 5.0. We will be maintaining a drop in ranged damage, but one that is smaller than has been used in both 5.2 and 5.2.2. Additionally, ranged damage is now based on a weapon's class rather than it's rate of fire. Overall you'll find that Weapons do more damage up close, and that the experience engaging a player at range is more satisfying.

Assault Rifles and LMGs will hit harder at range than SMGs with the equivalent rate of fire. Recoil and accuracy values have been adjusted to be consistent with the values used in 5.0. The only exception is the Type 2A, which has had a substantial increase in recoil to balance it within the the SMG class.

Bolt Action Rifles now have higher muzzle velocities across the board. These weapons are Battlefield's longest range weapons, and are out performed by other weapons due to the bullet velocity. This adjustment will return Bolt Action Rifles to be the kings of long, and very long range combat.

We have also increased Type 11 muzzle velocity slightly for both the default, and High Velocity bullets. This should help differentiate the Type 11 more from the Bren and help to make its ranged performance stand out.

We're also restoring the additional muzzle velocity adjustments for Sniper Rifles that did not make it into Update 6.0 released last month.
‏‏‎ ‎
General Changes

• Tweaked the damage values of the Bazooka and Panzerfaust. The Bazooka now does slightly less damage, especially for poor angle hits, reflecting its role as a long range sniper weapon. The Panzerfaust now does slightly more damage, especially at poor angles, returning it to the solid all around reliable antitank weapon.
  • The Bazooka now one hit kills enemy airplanes.
  • The Lunge mine now deals the correct amount of damage and is more consistent.
  • The Lunge mine no longer causes an unexpected second explosion after it has been selected if the player had previously used it.
  • The Lunge Mine now properly destroys stationary weapons.
  • Improved the Panzerfaust third person reload animation while in a Dinghy boat.
  • When equipped with some upgrades the 2x scope on the M2 Carbine did not zoom in properly. This has now been fixed.
  • Flamethrowers can no longer be fired when the reload animation plays, if the player also uses a pouch at the same time.
  • Emblems no longer clip when applied to the M2 Carbine.
  • Anti-Tank grenade throwback functionality has been fixed.
  • Ensured that the ammo belt disappears correctly when using the drum mag on the MG34.
  • Reduced wind impact on smoke emitted by smoke grenades and other smoke screens.
  • Gadgets no longer float in the air when switched in the game world.
  • Fixed an issue with the bolt action animation for the BOYS AT Rifle.
  • Fixed a LOD issue with M1918A2 on it's bipod leg.
  • Fixed an issue where certain smoke effects would not be properly blocking enemy spotted icons (smoke barrage for instance).
  • Fixed an issue with the KI-147 and V1 rocket sometimes not having any engine sound.
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes allow the spotting scope to spot enemies behind walls.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause an unintended soldier scream to play throughout the explosion when using the Lunge Mine.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause reloads not to count if the player healed during the reload animation.
  • Fixed the spotting scope's glint not being aligned with the scope itself.
  • Corrected the ammo crate to have a pickup glint effect when being held in the player's hands.
  • Corrected the Bazooka's in world pickup model to be the bazooka, and not another rocket launcher.

‏‏‎ ‎

Vehicles

• The Universal carrier can no longer be disabled, as it has no self repair functionality which used to make it a frustrating transport vehicle.
  • The towable stationary 40MM AA no longer explodes when hitched to the Churchill tanks.
  • The Sherman tank no longer gets the decals of the other team, should it get stolen by the enemy team.
  • The Corsair F4U-1C back wheel no longer clips into the tail rudder when it retracts after take-off.
  • The Dinghy boat seat UI now matches the physical location of the players in the boat when seated.
  • Improved syncing of tank turrets aiming position between zoomed and none zoomed mode, which could previously be inconsistent if players late joined a server.
  • The Archer's "rear" engine compartment has been upgraded with more armor. While still easy to critically hit like the rear, it will take less damage from a critical hit.
  • Increased drag on the HE shells for tanks to reduce long range tank sniping vs infantry. AT dedicated shells, which have less blast, are not affected by this change.
  • Increased the damage of AT mines slightly.
  • Increased the ammo count of shotgun type rounds for tanks, except for AA tanks.
  • Adjusted the Calliope Rockets to fire from a more central set of rocket tubes, in order to make more accurate shots. Decreased the time between the 4 round rocket barrage of the Calliope to make it more competitive with the Hachi's 6 round burst.
  • Improved the Kettenkrad handling to be a more fun vehicle to drive.
  • Airplanes 3P bombsight gets less accurate at higher altitudes, pilots need to align the rings to bomb accurately from higher altitude.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause visual bugs when players switched between seats in the LCVP.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the LCVP to sometimes rotate and spin out of control at a very high speed.
  • Fixed the incorrect icon for the Sturmtiger with the smoke launcher.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause spotted enemies to not appear from an airplane.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause Transport vehicles on The Pacific to not drive backwards if the terrain was not flat.
  • Fixed a bug with the transport vehicles on The Pacific which would sometimes cause visual issues.
  • Fixed a bug with certain airplane propellers spinning slower than intended.
  • Fixed an issue with airplanes not taking damage when hit by shell projectiles.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the gunner seat position to look broken after entering it.

‏‏‎ ‎

Soldier

• The death flow has been refactored, making it more robust and easier for us to debug should there be other issues. This solves multiple issues related to players getting stuck in a bleeding out state after getting killed.
  • Improved Norman Kingleys downstate which could previously result in invisible torsos in first person view.
  • Japanese soldier audio no longer requests a V1 instead of the KI-147.
  • Fixed another bug that could cause ragdolls to "hang from their hips" With this fix, hopefully this bug should get even rarer than it already is.
  • Fixed an exploit that would increase the height of the players camera.
  • Fixed an issue affecting soldiers throwing a Kunai knife, which could result in the Katana sword floating in third person perspective.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the soldier to continuously play the throw pouch animation.

‏‏‎ ‎

Maps and Modes

• Solomon Island - Removed the supply station that was inside the mountain.
  • Solomon Island - Removed the invisible collision near the beach on Breakthrough.
  • Solomon Island - Fixed an issue located inside the crashed plane, that could cause players to get stuck.
  • Solomon Island - Fixed an exploit that would allow players to hide inside a mountain wall.
  • Solomon Island - Removed a duplicate static track that was placed on top of another truck.
  • Solomon Island - Fixed multiple issues that would allow players to reach unintended areas of the map.
  • Solomon Island - Once the AT cannons have been destroyed, they have to be rebuilt. Previously they would incorrectly respawn.
  • Solomon Island - Some water no longer squirts dirt effects when being fired upon.
  • Solomon Island - Rain effects no longer go through the crashed airplane and military barracks.
  • Solomon Island - Fixed a bug that would cause invisible fires to be spawned by destroyed US transport vehicles.
  • Solomon Island - Various smaller clipping and other graphical issues.
  • Solomon Island - Many improved spawns.
  • Solomon Island - Improved water transparency from some angles.
  • Solomon Island - Added missing rain particle effects.
  • Solomon Island - Conquest - Improved the capture area on C flag.
  • Iwo Jima - Various minor graphical improvements.
  • Pacific Storm - Decreased the intensity of the sun, when looking out of certain bunkers.
  • Wake Island - Breakthrough - Improved the locations of the AT turrets in Sector 2 to make them more useful.
  • Wake Island - Breakthrough - Moved the AA turret in Sector 4.
  • Wake Island - Fixed the debris to look better when players destroy the planes parked inside the hangar.
  • Wake Island - Improved placement of vehicle resupply stations.
  • Wake Island - Added a limit to the amount of active planes on the map at the same time, each team can now only have two active planes at the same time.
  • Wake Island - We ask everyone to be careful around the large fuel tanks.
  • Wake Island - Planes now get destroyed if they crash into the hangar.
  • Wake Island - Fixed the floating sandbags.
  • Aerodrome - Improved the smoke grenade effect in the hangar area, making it more difficult to see through it.
  • Devastation - Fixed a few spots where players could get stuck.
  • Fjell 652 - Squad Conquest - Moved around a few objects that could cause players to get stuck in the geometry.
  • Hamada - Craters on the runway no longer hinders planes from taking off as they are now only visual and not physical alterations of the terrain.
  • Hamada - The sandstorm has a smoother transition loop when it's running at maximum effect.
  • Marita - Fixed an exploit that could be used by players for an unfair advantage.
  • Narvik - Frontlines - Fixed a floating supply station and improved the combat area a bit.
  • Twisted Steel - Conquest - Removed the duplicate medical supply station and replaced it with an ammo station.
  • Breakthrough - Fixed breakthrough retreat icons in vehicles.
  • Outpost - Players that die near constructed towers could not be revived, this is now fixed.
  • Spectator mode - Fixed 3P director camera not automatically moving back to its original position after colliding with objects.
  • Spectator mode - Fixed a few cameras that were placed outside of the playable area by default.
  • War stories - Fix for the missing throwing knife animation.
  • War stories - Fix for the missing grenade throw animation.
  • Firestorm - Fixed the missing propellers on the drop planes.
  • Firestorm – Minimum player count for solo has been decreased from 8 to 2.

‏‏‎ ‎

Other

• Implemented a new audio prioritization system in order to reduce occurrences of important sounds being culled due to performance limitations. This results in more controlled and stable behavior for sounds such as vehicles, footsteps and weapons.
  • Players can now join their friends that are playing on Community Servers through the social menu.
  • Added slightly more weight to most close range weapon firing sounds, excluding smgs and pistols. The difference is most prominent in stereo.
  • Added a new option in the audio menu to change the hit indicator sounds between current (default), original BFV release and off.
  • Added a potential fix for players ending up in the wrong region when matchmaking. Please let us know if the situation has improved with this update.
  • Added back the "Claim all" button in the armory that has vanished.
  • The ammo and seat UI no longer overlap when players are in Pacific vehicles passenger seats, and when playing in 4K resolution.
  • Improved the M2 Carbine icon to better represent the weapon visually.
  • If in an airplane, Spotted enemies that are not in line of sight of the player (behind a wall etc...) will now show with a different icon in the world (an outline instead of a full diamond).
  • Getting multiple headshot kills in a quick succession now stacks the headshot kill icons, instead of showing them one by one.
  • The progression of the Selbstlader 1906 has been fixed.
  • The game now automatically moves the selector to the previous vehicle that the player had selected in the vehicle deploy menu.
  • Map icons for supply stations are now shown if players can build/repair them.
  • The zoom settings for the mini-map are now saved between lives.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause players to get stuck on the deploy screen that could trigger if they changed squads while still being alive.
  • Fixed typos in the Sai description.
  • Fixed the description of the MAB38 Mastery VI assignment.

‏‏‎ ‎

Stability and Performance

• Fixed a crash that could occur when using the Russian language.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if the player played the game for more than 5 hours in one go.

‏‏‎ ‎

PlayStation 4

• Fixed a bug that was causing random black squares to show in the game world.

Drops on Thursday the 5th, they ran into a last minute issue (which they fixed) but it delayed it by a day or so.

Source

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Just according to keikaku.
I don't think they will ever *fully* revert, the balance will go back toward what 5.0 was, but not completely so they can save face.
I was posting that mid january on reddit, kind of sad that it was that predictable. With the "responding to your concerns update 5-2" post where they stated that it wasn't a christmas noob patch ( sure jan.gif ) which would be reverted the next year, it became a matter of some misplaced honor/saving face which would always prevent a full revert.
All we could hope for was them going back to 5.0 while keeping just enough of 5.2 to be able to present it as a form of fine tuning of 5.2 regardless of the new value being too low to be able to even remotely be close to achieve what was supposed to be the goal of 5.2.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
After the news about this patch it got me into checking some old post I made about some cheater to see if the game was worth coming back.
It's not every game but I've seens the same. When 5 minutes into a game someone is 32-0 and you are seeing this ( that's from today ) :
1572526644-battlefield-v-screenshot-2019-10-31-13-55-54-95.png

It's hard to argue it's anything else but a cheater ( https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/sesshomaru1121/overview ).

And that's the obvious ones, we have good video showing what happen when a bad player use less obvious cheat, it does not automatically mean top scoreboard with unrealistic k/d ratio.
For example :
And I wasn't alone :
lol I reported that guy a couple of days ago.

I don't even think most cheaters are that obvious. That's basically a troll.
That player was at the very least still playing 2 week ago ( my post was late october ... ) with result like :
2PVdzXL.png

And watching the gamereports that player sometime doesn't play for a couple weeks, so he might not even be banned yet.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
i guess its good that every player in every server wont be using the same exact gun but the game is still a piss poor, trash ass experience in nearly every way. the sound still sucks

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So unlocking that The Last Tiger skin is not bugged? I've been holding out on unlocking it because of it

Gunztrix

Oct 28, 2017
So how's the revert update? I'm going to play soon just got home from University.

Gosh it's been 2 months since I last played.