• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
I tried to play BFV again today, after some months away from it and... it feels better, but still unable to get me into it for more than half-hour. :(

It's a shame we won't see another BF this year. Guess I'm just getting back to BF in 2021

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I hate tanks in this game. Playing as the japanese on solomon is infuriating. I would hope the new bazooka and lunge mine would help counter some of that but people don't know how to play the game so I don't expect any change.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
I also dislike the placement of these mounted guns. In addition, how you cant rotate the anti tank guns in BFV while you can in BF1.
This.
In addition, how you cant rotate the anti tank guns in BFV while you can in BF1.
This right here.

The AT guns are an absolute nightmare to handle since they can only be manouvered using the towing feature (which is pretty shit still), so if you realize that the gun is at a slightly wrong angle, it tips a bit forward or backward or whatever, you have to get in a vehicle, try to adjust it a bit more and then rage as it gets wrong again.

There HAS to be a small feature of being able to push the cannons to the sides and move them very, very, slowly in order to get better placements with them.

How this is still not a implemented feature in the game 1.5 years after release is baffling. SURELY people are not happy with how these work in general?

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Im not happy. I hate it when it stutters due to a slightly off placement, making it super hard to actually focus

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Battlefield V's average map quality is shit. But I've ranted about that long enough.

DICE's change to the unlock system, tethering new weapons to Tides of War level, has eroded my drive to play the game. Even with its warts, I guess a part of me didn't mind sinking in each week to a set of challenges to unlock a new gun or whatever and having something new to fuck around with. So basically I'm extra bored due to the ambiguity and unfocused nature of the new unlock system. I don't want to grind for XP and if the challenges aren't leading to immediate rewards in the form of stuff to play with I don't care.

Don't like the new map either because it's still laden with DICE's trope of godawful bottlenecks.

EDIT: BF1 had the best plane balance, although BF4 was fine too from memory. BF1's planes worked entirely because the simplified nature of the game gave them defined roles, easy use, and also easy counters. All gunfire was useful against them but particularly LMGs shredding their wings to reduce their mobility. They were very effective against infantry and tanks depending on their loadout. AA was useful, but also not limiting. It took a few balance passes, but piloting in BF1 was the best it'd been.

Last edited:

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
honest to fucking god, they should have ported the old artillery pieces to BFV.

ugh, i kinda wanna play BF1 now.....those artillery pieces are soooo goood.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I hate tanks in this game. Playing as the japanese on solomon is infuriating. I would hope the new bazooka and lunge mine would help counter some of that but people don't know how to play the game so I don't expect any change.
In my pre-5.2 experience, even with the Type-97 fully specced as a tank buster, it's not going to beat a Sherman, and that's just plain ol' not very fun.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
My conclusion with the new map is that it's okay on Conquest and just miserable on Breakthrough.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Solomon Island has like 4 paths in every sector in BT, but everyone uses just one path, so if you flank you are often alone and fail at it. People need to learn their shit

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Played a round of BT as Defense on Solomon Island. My team stole 3 of the LVTs in the first sector and held on to them and we won. Funny af

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Played a round of BT as Defense on Solomon Island. My team stole 3 of the LVTs in the first sector and held on to them and we won. Funny af

Leaving the tanks alone should be a bannable offense.

By the way, in Reddit the February Survey is up since a few days ago. Go in there and make sure to tell them how you feel (if they will consider de feedback or not is another story)

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time in the history of the BATTLEFIELD series that I have stopped playing before the release of a new one.

Usually I will buy BF: Premium and play through the expansions until the release of the next BATTLEFIELD. I am just finding BFV so boring that I can't do that this time around. It doesn't feel like they have put any effort into this game after seeing the low initial sales.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Sigh, indeed. Some time ago, I said that the lack of balance made this game a russian roulette, you never know for sure if the game is going to be fun or not, so you take a risk everytime you decide to play this instead of another game.

I think that this last period of the game, the chances of not having fun have increased a lot. More often than not, I just quit because so much going on:

- Lack of balance
- A festival of 2A, M2 or shootouts that don't make any sense.
- Cheaters
- A good/maxed plane in Pacific maps where the bomb one shot tanks so pushing objectives is futile (specially Iwo Jima third sector)

Or just a game that isn't being a lot of fun in teamwork

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
They either need to remove the Bombing Reticule for the Pacific Planes or give it some form of nerf.

I've been having a lot of fun with Solomon Islands, largely cuz I don't have to worry about being insta deleted by the Pacific Planes

Last edited:

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got to play the Solomon map--it's great. I think the points and map layout are really nicely designed. Our teams also had a really awkward boat battle in Conquest that was fun.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Out of curiosity i played BFV again after over one month of pause just to check out the new map. Solomon is fine on conquest, not the best but quite good.

For the rest though, that TTK changes make all the efforts feel wasted, just not fun at all in the slightest. The game has poor and boring gunplay now after it was its biggest strenght.

What a mess and what a disappointment for a Battlefield fan.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
DICE/CMs sure are quick to respond to armory issues and "battlefield moment" videos but they won't say a word about team balance.

I can understand not wanting to devote resources to PC anti-cheat for 1 platform but team balance impacts everyone.

Oct 27, 2017
Dude I've been asking everywhere for a simple dialogue about this snap aim bullshit that they decided to just dump on the whole community. Not a single peep to as why it's even added. Also wasn't even in the patch notes (supposedly they forgot 😂😂😂). It's just mind blowing.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Rumor says that Modern Warfare Battle Royale will be F2P and a separate download if you don't have MW.

DICE, release Firestorm from it's coffin already, damn it

Oct 27, 2017
Rumor says that Modern Warfare Battle Royale will be F2P and a separate download if you don't have MW.

Why, the mode is broken. It has been completely abandoned for months, and further de-balanced by the TTK patches. Plus DICE doesn't cares about the feedback: not from ERA, not from reddit, not from the surveys, not from CM and not even from tiggr.

Just as the Day 1, Firestorm matchmaking is fundamentally broken where it will send 2s or 3s into the 4s matches. And it is infested with cheaters... Just let it die... DICE has moved on, you should do the same.

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
Why, the mode is broken. It has been completely abandoned for months, and further de-balanced by the TTK patches. Plus DICE doesn't cares about the feedback: not from ERA, not from reddit, not from the surveys, not from CM and not even from tiggr.

Just as the Day 1, Firestorm matchmaking is fundamentally broken where it will send 2s or 3s into the 4s matches. And it is infested with cheaters... Just let it die... DICE has moved on, you should do the same.

I still play almost every night. We do run into a bunch of players on PS4 that supposedly use Cronus Max and other cheat devices but whatever we have fun. Really unfortunate that it got no support

If cod's BR is free than my friends and I will definitely check it out

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017

I suspect it may be too little too late, but going F2P would still help. It really should have been F2P at launch though, or a cheaper separate product. I actually don't mind Firestorm at all, it's a bit faster and snappier than PUBG and since the BFV gunplay is generally good (current TTK aside) I had a lot of fun. But shoehorning a battle royale mode behind the paywall of a series not at all known for battle royale and also under scrutiny for its own design, technical, and post launch support issues was...not the wisest choice. It was pretty much doomed out of the gate.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I suspect it may be too little too late, but going F2P would still help. It really should have been F2P at launch though, or a cheaper separate product. I actually don't mind Firestorm at all, it's a bit faster and snappier than PUBG and since the BFV gunplay is generally good (current TTK aside) I had a lot of fun. But shoehorning a battle royale mode behind the paywall of a series not at all known for battle royale and also under scrutiny for its own design, technical, and post launch support issues was...not the wisest choice. It was pretty much doomed out of the gate.

You might be right. At least it would mean it gets easier to find matches. On PC, I can almost never find servers to play in

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't an outside studio (Criterion?) make the bulk of Firestorm anyways? Not surprising that Stockholm abandoned it in their immediate cutback of resources for BFV, especially with an internal competitor (Apex).

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Didn't an outside studio (Criterion?) make the bulk of Firestorm anyways? Not surprising that Stockholm abandoned it in their immediate cutback of resources for BFV, especially with an internal competitor (Apex).

They did, and then Criterion abandoned ship and let DICE to handle the rest and.. yeah

Naru

May 11, 2019
What would be the best way to play a full game of let's say Wake Island? Most games I join are halfway done already and the next one is of course a different map. Sometimes I want to play a specific one but it's kinda difficult. Back in the day we had "Map X server only" servers but now we don't...

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
What would be the best way to play a full game of let's say Wake Island? Most games I join are halfway done already and the next one is of course a different map. Sometimes I want to play a specific one but it's kinda difficult. Back in the day we had "Map X server only" servers but now we don't...

Entering, or queueing, a match that's on the previous map and then play or wait until it's Wake Island

Naru

May 11, 2019
Entering, or queueing, a match that's on the previous map and then play or wait until it's Wake Island
Hmm, I didn't know you could see the next maps before joining a server. Interesting. Thanks

Btw: I think all the Pacific maps are god damn terrible in my opinion. Wake is ok though.

Last edited:

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Criterion didn't really abandon ship on Firestorm. They were reassigned to do something else just like with their work in Battlefront II's Starfighter Assault

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Been off the game lately thanks to Fallen Order but I'm gonna grind through the game this weekend just to reach Bazooka unlock.
Then I'm retiring til 6.2 TTK update.

There's still pockets of fun to be had but maaaan..