• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Solomon Islands is another BT map where JPN is on Defense. AGAIN.

Game needs an Urban Map for the Pacific

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Only one map... compare that to BF4s DLC. And dont tell me its free. Me and my friends would love to pay for Premium/ big DLCs again, but we cant.

Last edited:

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

Solomon Islands - Alpha vs final, just thought it was interesting

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018
I would have vastly prefered an Okinawa castle map over a jungle map. From the trailer, the environments look very similar to the Pacific map.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It's a personal thing, but Pacific is fun and all but I really can't care anymore about it. It's way too "been there, done that", but I'm in the minority here. I liked the idea of the lesser known battles. Would've take a Chinese vs Japanese expansion over this

The map looks ok at least. Wake me up when the Eastern front drops

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
What pisses me off the most is the Company Coin rewards in ToW, especially with the laughable amount they give you. 500 Company Coin? 11,000 CC in total. To buy what? Most of the good skins are behind Boins anyway.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
All of the weapons and gadgets are cut content from earlier chapters that were complete or near complete in the files but DICE just sat on them. That's hilarious.

Oct 27, 2017
Wish i could get excited for this but the gunplay is so boring and non challenging right now.
It was the thing that kept me coming back for more.
But now with zero recoil snap on aim assist guns it's just so boring/bad.
I just don't get it.
I hardly play anymore

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Wish i could get excited for this but the gunplay is so boring and non challenging right now.
It was the thing that kept me coming back for more.
But now with zero recoil snap on aim assist guns it's just so boring/bad.
I just don't get it.
I hardly play anymore

Same here, watched the trailer but not going to reinstall for it. 5.2 will go down as one of the worst patches ever.

Oct 27, 2017
meter31.gif

Legends of Runeterra is super fun and you are all welcomed to join. Alternatively, good luck whoever is still holding onto BFV.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
to632ovn4jd41.png

Look at these filler nodes of Company Coin. You cant even buy much with the amount they give you

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Says Feb 6th on the landing page.

Are they really going to pass off 1 new map and 1 new gun (Type 11) plus a bunch of content they previously failed to deliver as Chapter 6? That's supposed to hold players for months?
Im hoping we get one more map (thats not a CQC map) near the end or something.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
they didn't say. They just said that 6.0 with the map and new weapons is coming first feb 6th, but didn't say anything about the 6.2 that should include the "new new new TTK" and weapon balance, except that it will (obviously) come after 6.0. With the huge disclaimer they have on the website page, it could be 24h after 6.0 or at the end of the chapter (or never).

Gunztrix

Oct 28, 2017
Based off what I read/seen I'm not going to reinstall. Core gameplay is my issue and I don't have faith in DICE getting it right.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, paying an extra $60 for content that no one plays after 3 months.

What a great product. If you didn't understand going into a free DLC system that it would mean less total overall DLC I'm not sure what you were thinking.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck is the content delivery this last year been a shitshow?

Everything around it, sure, but we've gotten a good number of maps and a lot of weapons, that thankfully won't just be discarded after the next pack comes out.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Damn, I miss PREMIUM.
battlefield-3-premium-without-game-wallpaper-1.jpg

CsPqc1SXgAActP1.jpg:large

What a great product. If you didn't understand going into a free DLC system that it would mean less total overall DLC I'm not sure what you were thinking.
I'm still playing BF4. Released, what? 6, 7 years ago. Plenty of servers with premium maps that are still populated with queues.
it's not like we as consumers had an option to choose this live service model. I don't think I have ever had any issue getting in to populated servers hosting premium maps in any of the previous BF games. Look at the quality difference in gameplay, weapon upgrades, UI, etc. between any previous BF and BF5. The difference Is astounding. If premium resources allowed DICE to build another good BF game, i would support it 100%, but I think the new management there has literally no idea what BF is or should be, no vision on what it will be in the future, and with the departure of David Sirland, I have little faith that DICE will survive another BF release.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
That sucks. I'm on PS4, so excuse the ignorance. Do PC users get a message of why they are kicked by PB? Is PB active in the rented servers, too?

Yeah. It seems that it has to do with an origin error I got the other day trying to download HOI III, the download got stuck and then origin didn't allowed me to finish it at retry, and had to do a ton of stuff to play again, and that fix seems to mess with Punkbuster.

Origin is really bad at these stuff

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
The new map looks nice, visually distinct which is a good sign as I feel Wake Island looked a lot like the other Pacific map. Here's hoping we get some Eastern front next.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Yeah. It seems that it has to do with an origin error I got the other day trying to download HOI III, the download got stuck and then origin didn't allowed me to finish it at retry, and had to do a ton of stuff to play again, and that fix seems to mess with Punkbuster.

Origin is really bad at these stuff
Thanks for the reply and info. 👍

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to play BF4 last night but Punkbuster kept kicking me out :(

You can usually manually update PB and get the services running right from their website, don't know if that's still the case.

There goes the last chance of having engaging gunplay back instead of the L2/R2 spam sim.
guess it's time to move on for me.

Unreal what a simple patch has done to this game.

The patch, like tiggr leaving, is a symptom of bad leadership. Sirland said they'd never make the TTK mistake again, then it got forced through by someone over his head with predictable results. Why the fuck would anyone stay around at that point and have their name sullied by some asshole managing by spreadsheet? The new FIFA overlord is not helping things I'm sure.

Really hoping for a Schreier tell at all at this point.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Im definitely not buying BF6 after this. If I do, itll only be on the cheap. DICE management is terrible and the worst Ive seen.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017

I have never understood this argument. It sucks if this was your experience because I can imagine that feels like an enormous ripoff, but this has never really happened to me. Player counts dropped and frequency of activity on map packs fluctuated, but on Australian servers there were always times where DLC content was being rotated using the Premium content across Battlefield 3, 4, and 1. I was playing on Battlefield 1 Conquest servers that cycled every single map across all the packs right up until I uninstalled and shifted across to Battlefield V. I had no issues with Battlefield 4 either, which regularly ran active and full servers either dedicated to the DLC packs or consolidating all the Conquest content into one server.

I don't know if it's an issue prevalent in other regions, or maybe on consoles or something. But precisely why I've loved Premium and have been more than happy to pay for it across three games is because of the content quantity guarantee and the fact I've never felt I couldn't find servers to play it. There were always active Conquest servers cycling every single Conquest map from the base game right up through all the DLC, and they were regularly full.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Same for me (xbox and in EU), I never had any problem to play a premium DLC conquest map with BF3/4 until the launch of the next iteration. I should test it now, but I'm pretty sure that you can still find matches for BF4 premium maps as they offered most of them once BFV launched. May be SG-17 is speaking about BF1 which was really the start of the end for premium (staggered maps launch instead of map packs, first 6 months without almost anything while BF4 was crawling under maps and weapons at the same point). So yes, free DLC à la BFV is better than BF1 premium, but it's far worst that BF3/4 premium which i would gladly pay for if they just follow the same path.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Dont forget that all the DLC for BF4 and BF1 were free a couple times
I wish they just made them free after a few months and made them mandatory downloads and mixed them in with the general playlists.

Would solve the main issue premium had.

Could add more cosmetics or whatever to increase the value of premium for people or something to compensate

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Meh if I say I wont get the next BF, I know I will end up preordering the next BF game when its shown.

Oct 29, 2017
I have never understood this argument. It sucks if this was your experience because I can imagine that feels like an enormous ripoff, but this has never really happened to me. Player counts dropped and frequency of activity on map packs fluctuated, but on Australian servers there were always times where DLC content was being rotated using the Premium content across Battlefield 3, 4, and 1. I was playing on Battlefield 1 Conquest servers that cycled every single map across all the packs right up until I uninstalled and shifted across to Battlefield V. I had no issues with Battlefield 4 either, which regularly ran active and full servers either dedicated to the DLC packs or consolidating all the Conquest content into one server.

I don't know if it's an issue prevalent in other regions, or maybe on consoles or something. But precisely why I've loved Premium and have been more than happy to pay for it across three games is because of the content quantity guarantee and the fact I've never felt I couldn't find servers to play it. There were always active Conquest servers cycling every single Conquest map from the base game right up through all the DLC, and they were regularly full.

The argument that no one plays premium content after 3 months is fucking nonsense. Here I am, playing gun master on Close Quarters in Battlefield 3, and Naval Strike maps in BF4. Close Quarters DLC came out 8-9 years ago.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
The argument that no one plays premium content after 3 months is fucking nonsense. Here I am, playing gun master on Close Quarters in Battlefield 3, and Naval Strike maps in BF4. Close Quarters DLC came out 8-9 years ago.
Premium is included with EA and Origin Access, and the Premium Edition of BF3 costs around $5 now. All five DLCs have been free multiple times over the last nine years, to boot.

Within the lifespan of a game, DLC populations drop off considerably towards the end of the lifespan. If a game gets a second wind through subscription services or, y'know, being free, expect to see folks playing stuff that's no longer sold at a $50 "premium pass" on top of a $60 game.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I play on PS4 and finding full servers for more than a handful of DLC maps is a challenge in BF4.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I play on PS4 and finding full servers for more than a handful of DLC maps is a challenge in BF4.

This echoes what some of my friends said about Battlefield 1 too, also on PS4 (limited to Australia, obviously). That really sucks dude. While the player counts and readiness of the content fluctuates, there's almost always on PC at least one active "Conquest All" server that cycles through every map added from DLC. So like I said, for me it's never been a problem enjoying DLC content even a year after they drop.

I wonder if it's the same on Xbox?