• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Im just saying I never saw anyone consistently use the Jungle Carbine when i play on the PS4. Either I never noticed, or the games I played just happened to have people stick to the SMGs.

I mean, I see it now.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
A rank 6 Japanese Bomber who has better weapons and better turn speed than a American dogfighter plane. Can't shoot him down and if he gets behind you, your plane is toast. If you get behind him , your weapons does jack shit. AND he has weapons to instantly take out a full health Calliope with bombs.

Once again, this Specialization system is garbage.

It is, THE, dumbest design decision DICE has made. I can't respec my dogfighter plane to try and take him on cause it's locked till I max rank it. I warned that all of these exact things were gonna happen the moment that this system was announced before release and the best answer I got was "it's gonna be balanced". To which I said "bullshit, no progression system that adds things is ever balanced".

Last edited:

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Tanks need a tune down atm.

the New patch wasn't bad imo.
Just fun that semi and full autos aren't dominating everything.
If the do some tuning with the current system it has some potential.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
The lag or rubber banding on wake island is terrible. I've got a great internet connection so I don't think it's that.

its like unplayable right now.

Gunztrix

Oct 28, 2017
With Wake Island now fully released, my work on the game for the year is done. Going on a month-long vacation tomorrow, been a long time coming, as I've been feeling quite burned out. :)

Thank your for your work on the the game. And thanksfor partaking in our community. Enjoy your deserved vacation!

Oct 27, 2017
holy snap on aim assist

I guess we're back with this trash :')
this game is an absolute joke right now.
I wish a serious studio would make a BF like game, cause dice has no clue anymore sadly

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you've been with the series long enough you'll remember that DICE has pretty much always been flying by the seat of their pants.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

This is the issue with trying to hastily fix 5.2 with tweaks instead of just reverting it entirely. Also the fact it doesn't address recoil turning every gun into unsatisfying lasers either.

I don't think it would be that hard to balance guns around how powerful they were historically damage wise, then adjust things like recoil and reload time for those that are strong. The BAR/FG-42 should absolutely melt people but be hard to control on full auto. The LS-26 should do the same damage but be easier to control. The Lewis should have worse accuracy and recoil than the Bren. The Thompson should do slightly more damage up close than 9mms but have more aggressive drop off etc..

DICE somehow managed to invent their own narrative ("People are dying to SMGs at 100m and that feels bad") and then nerf guns so bizarrely into the ground that they no longer feel like actual gun analogues. Feels like paintball.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I think this game has taken a massive hit to its player count. I'm sitting here at 8:30pm PT, and I can't get a full room for Wake Island. I need to get 20,000 points on Wake Island for the weekly challenge, and we can't get above 24 people per side. I thought all you needed to get was 8 people per side for the match to start, but it looks like the match won't begin until we have 32 people each. After waiting for 25 minutes, I quit.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
It's kinda maddening. I really like to look at the stats between games, and I haven't had a single 'Round Summary 'screen work since the patch. Totally glitched.
Same I thought it was just happening to me. Ugh, DICE fix your game! It does look spectacular tho. I can't image what a next gen BF will look like.

Oct 27, 2017
Wake is absolute trash and the worst iteration of the map in the series. Breakthrough on it is the stupidest thing I've ever played. Attackers get *4* tanks and Defenders get literally none! On Conquest it's too big, cluttered and promotes BF1-style objective rushing where you can't split up to defend flags because you'll find 10+ enemies swarming on a position.

Hard to believe I used to defend what is now a clearly rudderless developer--BFV is probably the worst AAA shooter this gen.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's not like the entire team was dedicated to making a few crabs dance
Dice:
giphy.gif

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
It's too flat, tanks dominate the field, and US should be defending
JPN needs more tanks on BT. US gets all the tanks and then you have to worry about the planes killing everyone with their bombs.

Doesn't help at all that JPN loses their planes after the US takes the airfield, leaving them with air superiority for the last two sectors.

Oct 26, 2017
So did they ever change the planes for the Germans in Airborne?

Also, how have we not gotten any new operations? Have they just abandoned that mode?

Oct 26, 2017
Nope

Yep seems like it since we haven't gotten a new one since Panzerstorm. They're probably reworking Grand Ops for the next Battlefield is my guess.
Not to keep beating the dead horse but what a disappointment this game turned out to be... I loved BF1 for its coverage of World War I and the care and attention DICE paid to bringing that conflict to life. Not only did the game launch with solid maps, but six factions covering a diverse range of conflicts from the war. Operations was fantastic, immersive, and well supported through the life cycle of the game. Insane they went from such a fantastic presentation of a setting to... this.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks that Grand Operations in BFV turned out to be a dud. I loved Grand Operations in BF1 and I played it a lot. But for BFV? Never touched it unless ToW forces it.

Last edited:

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
anyone else not finding any full games?
Tried 3 times and all I get is half full servers on conquest.
It's 1am on a Sunday in the EU. Should be more players:/

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Not to keep beating the dead horse but what a disappointment this game turned out to be... I loved BF1 for its coverage of World War I and the care and attention DICE paid to bringing that conflict to life. Not only did the game launch with solid maps, but six factions covering a diverse range of conflicts from the war. Operations was fantastic, immersive, and well supported through the life cycle of the game. Insane they went from such a fantastic presentation of a setting to... this.
Agreed, it wasn't perfect but more TLC was put into BF1 and the work they did reflects that. The constant push to capture the sectors along with the narration was epic. The blimp going down and crashing into the little town on St. Quentin Scar for example was also epic. Even the marketing was on point from the very beginning starting with the teaser & trailer afterwards with hype levels at an all-time high, while also capitalizing on trying to bring COD fans over who were starting to feel jaded with all the jet packs and wall running in their games.

Everybody seemed to be working in sync with each other in contrast to BFV. It sounds like a complete mess at DICE HQ right now, where even the Community Manager is out of the loop on things + devs coming out that the road map was wrong. Really hope they can bounce back with the next entry in the series.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I need to vent my displeasure at this game now.

- This version of Wake Island sucks.
-Too flat terrain with next to no verticality (by comparison, the 1943 version felt much taller and varied)​
-Too unbalanced (and it's weird that the US are invading, it should be the other way around)​
-Too many fake tanks and planes (even in the skybox!)​
-The map looks bland too (yeah, I get they need to be the same assets for all pacific maps, but at least change the lighting or weather to make it look somewhat decent)​
- The end of match screen has not worked since the last patch. Always it's "could not find this report".
- The new community server feature is pointless. Yeah, sure, a player started the server, but when you can't change anything about how the game plays, then it's just an official server with a player's name on it.
- Controls are unresponsive; it seems like my character only gives out health to my squadmates every 2 or 3 tries instead of it happening as soon as I hit the button. It also feels like pressing the prone button is a suggestion to my character instead of a command.

And yeah, although I disagreed with some of the gameplay choices made for BF1 (especially the beginning of the trend of fake stuff going on in maps, like fake weapons and vehicles in the map and skybox that can't be used by players, and random explosions that were not caused by player action), it seemed like BF1 was DICE at their creative, artistic and mechanical peak. Everything worked well and looked and sounded amazing and made you feel like you were playing an FPS multiplayer experience lightyears ahead of the competition.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. The Jungle Carbine is so much easier to use now. Also Wake Island just feels ok compared to Iwo Jima and Pacific Storm.