• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
For me, the BTK/TTK change mostly fail on the max distance for full damage. Starting to becoming useless at 15m for the the SMGs and the fake support SMGs is too much. It should have been something between 25 to 30m. At least.

Also, diminishing the fire rate of most semi-auto rifles feels kinda wrong.

And finally, if they wanted to give support SMGs, why not give them proper SMGs instead of destroying two LMGs to fit the category ? The FG-42 was rather fine before for a somewhat close quarter LMG and the LS-26 was not, definitely WAS NOT, a close quarter weapon. Even with the hip fire spec, it was always a shit weapon at CQB.

Give me back my LS/26 ! Please !

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
YOU ARE SPOTTED YOU ARE SPOTTED YOU ARE SPOTTED YOU ARE SPOTTED YOU ARE SPOTTED

I just freakin spawned. Also im shooting at spotted people through smoke again. Way to fuck up this game again DICE. Good job. I dont get your obsession over this stupid spotting mechanic.

They never fixed 3D spotting through smoke grenades.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Auto spotting is broken:

Needs to be completely removed. I played probably 4 hours yesterday (not a hardcore player, I had the day off for unrelated reasons). Not once did I appreciate the info that was given to me by auto spotting. I got a lot of kills from it but they all felt dirty.

My K:D ratio since this update is significantly higher for some reason, but the game feels less rewarding. It seems the only thing they care about is player retention so I guess I'll have to stop playing to let my dissatisfaction be known.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Oh yeah, that's something I should've said too, spotting through smoke is something I saw a lot. Not IN the smoke, but through the smoke. It needs a fix

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
The 3d autospotting through smoke is the worst because of how important and useful smoke had become in BFV. Everything from medics with smoke rifle nades so they can pull off tight revives to squad reinforcement call-in smoke so you can push through a long sightline. Now its pretty much useless.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Auto spotting is broken:

Needs to be completely removed. I played probably 4 hours yesterday (not a hardcore player, I had the day off for unrelated reasons). Not once did I appreciate the info that was given to me by auto spotting. I got a lot of kills from it but they all felt dirty.

My K:D ratio since this update is significantly higher for some reason, but the game feels less rewarding. It seems the only thing they care about is player retention so I guess I'll have to stop playing to let my dissatisfaction be known.
Community: There are too many hackers.
DICE: Ok, we'll make it a fair fight. *gives everyone hacks*

Last edited:

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The update isn't perfect but with some tweaks I think the game can be a lot better than it was before. Smoke needs to prevent autospotting from happening and some weapons definitely need some tweaks but other than that the changes make the game much better for skilled players in 1v1 situations which is my preference. As it is now it's pretty hard to get outgunned by someone that can't aim as well as you beyond like 15m.

*runs away before the angry pitchfork mob gets me*

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The autospotting is a *sometimes* necesary thing. In multiple instances, I've died having an enemy in front of me but full of allied icons above due to what's going on. In cases like that, having it close, and/or being ADS the game should tell you it's an enemy. As it is, it's way exaggerated.

By the way, Frontlines Al Sundan it's just flat Aerodome, it's kinda boring.

These timed modes can be a good opportunity to spice some maps. Have the Narvik variation be at night, or something like that. Give those maps/modes more variety

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017

Wake Island trailer as well as a teaser for the 4th map. If you look closely, the LVT has sandbags on it.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I've thought for a while that the game needed rebalancing, but what has been done with Patch 5.2 is a bit too much in my opinion now.

Here is what I suggest.

1. No gun should need more than half of its magazine/clip to kill at any range.

2. The FG42 and the LS26 should be balanced like Assault Rifles rather than SMGs (25m effective range with a max of 10BTK).

3. All maximum damage falloff ranges for the SMGs should be increased by 5m across the board. Maximum BTK should be reduced by 1 for every SMG.

4. The M1 Garand should never take five shots to kill at any range, without Heavy Rounds it should be 4 shots past 50m, with Heavy Rounds it should only be 4 shots past 100m with a slower ROF (invert what it is now).

5. The MG42 and the VGO should have their damage ranges extended by 5m.

6. The Breda should have a high headshot multiplier so it only requires one full burst to kill within its effective range if at least one bullet is a headshot

SMGs were too good before the patch but now they've gone a bit too far to the other side.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like damage over range was never a problem in this game. I never related to MMG campers either, as they are easily dispatched on PC by the numerous recons once they start firing.

I definitely feel that, like previous games, the high ROF weapons tended to dominate because they were relatively easy to use and also had the best feature sets (mainly large mags for dealing with multiple enemies).

The answer is to decrease the usability of the objectively better guns to make the other ones more universally appealing. There are tons of variables they can mess with in this regard but the first thing they went to was a massive damage over distance change. Nerf guns feel like shit.

We were promised a complete overhaul of the weapons and instead just got another blanket change with a few ROF tweaks on weapons that didn't really need it (RIP ag/42). The FG-42 was already a pretty unrewarding skill cannon compared to something like the Lewis. Why on earth would you push this patch through?

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
elenarie

I know that the subreddit has become a hyper toxic hellhole and it's hard to cut through all of the noise now but I hope that DICE manages to read my constructive comments on the new balancing that I posted above.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The update isn't perfect but with some tweaks I think the game can be a lot better than it was before. Smoke needs to prevent autospotting from happening and some weapons definitely need some tweaks but other than that the changes make the game much better for skilled players in 1v1 situations which is my preference. As it is now it's pretty hard to get outgunned by someone that can't aim as well as you beyond like 15m.

*runs away before the angry pitchfork mob gets me*

I don't think I agree that this is better for skilled players. I'm not skilled and I did wayyyy better than normal in every match I played yesterday. My KD was at least double and sometimes triple what it is normally (1.0).

I have bad aim and exclusively play medic with SMGs. There's no reason I should have done better if this change actually favored skilled players. If anything it helps unskilled players because it forces encounters to be closer range where aiming is easier.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I can still enjoy the game enough with the TTK and waiting for the inevitable tweaks but I really hope they just completely remove auto-spotting entirely ASAP.

The lack of doritos is (was) one of the best things about the game and now it's more overzealous than past games

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can still enjoy the game enough with the TTK and waiting for the inevitable tweaks but I really hope they just completely remove auto-spotting entirely ASAP.

The lack of doritos is (was) one of the best things about the game and now it's more overzealous than past games
I just think that they need to fix the smoke so the localized spotting doesn't show through it.

I like the new player-only spotting.

_bemusedchunk

Banned
Nov 6, 2019
North of Boston
Can anyone explain to me the microtransactions?
Specifically, the Year 2 Edition?

I saw the Wake Island trailer this morning which got me excited to play some BF again, but whats it include?
Just unlocks and skins?

If I missed the Year 1 unlocks (or previous chapters) can I still unlock them in game? Or is the only way with microtransactions?

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be honest here. If they're doing this spoting stuff just go all the way. Like it really see if they just want to bring back r1 spoting.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't think I agree that this is better for skilled players. I'm not skilled and I did wayyyy better than normal in every match I played yesterday. My KD was at least double and sometimes triple what it is normally (1.0).

I have bad aim and exclusively play medic with SMGs. There's no reason I should have done better if this change actually favored skilled players. If anything it helps unskilled players because it forces encounters to be closer range where aiming is easier.
In a 1v1 situation having to keep your aim on a target longer due to a longer TTK favours those who have good aim over those that don't. Perhaps your aim is better than you think or you're adapting to the changes better than the average player.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile

I'm also enjoying the game. The changes are subject to be frowned upon but they aren't a game breaker, it's just that they do need tweaking. Most medium to long distance battles take too long.

For spotting, we'll agree to disagree, since I think there are instances where it does make a positive change to the flow of the game, but I understand your point. I also liked the lack of 3D spotting

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Guys if you want to go prone with fast ttk and no auto 3D spotting ( aim on player u still see nametags ), you should check out MW 2019.

#notmyCallofDuty

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In a 1v1 situation having to keep your aim on a target longer due to a longer TTK favours those who have good aim over those that don't. Perhaps your aim is better than you think or you're adapting to the changes better than the average player.

The TTK only dramatically changed at long ranges. Shorter range it's not that different than it was. They stated that they wanted to reduce the average encounter distance which I think is what's happening.

The shorter the range, the less your aiming skill matters.

My accuracy is 13.2% which puts me in the 51st percentile according to battlefieldtracker. Almost exactly average.

I don't think I've adapted at all, it's the game that has adapted to me, which is kind of my point. I think less skilled players (me) benefit when the range at which you fight enemies is shorter.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018

Yes but at the same time it diminishes the impact that a difference in "snap to aim" skill can make. For DICE, I can understand the argument that getting killed before you even have time to shoot is far more frustrating than getting killed because you shot at each other for a second and their aim was better than yours.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain to me the microtransactions?
Specifically, the Year 2 Edition?

I saw the Wake Island trailer this morning which got me excited to play some BF again, but whats it include?
Just unlocks and skins?

If I missed the Year 1 unlocks (or previous chapters) can I still unlock them in game? Or is the only way with microtransactions?

You can unlock the guns in game through grinding but the year 2 edition will save you a significant amount of time. It's worth it. The cosmetics are intermittently for sale in the armory for real money currency.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I'm finding the changes generally OK, but they've launched them into an even more janky than usual environment. No end of round results, players loading in without textures and a lot of OOR players sliding around or running on the spot. Making the medic the focus of the weekly tasks has skewed the game as well. I'm not convinced that most players even know about the changes either.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
ooh, I like those artificial bridges in the trailer. Nice stuff if buildable by supports to expand attack avenues.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is a bit of a hot take, since I haven't read too deeply the patch notes or played the game post-update, but if the outcome of these TTK changes is a stronger distinction between different class weapons (e.g. SMGs vs ARs vs MMGs), then I see them as a step in the right direction.

I'll to play some tomorrow to see if that's actually the case, though.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well damn, hearing about this spotting and TTK stuff has me bummed. Just saw the Pacific maps and Wake Island trailers and was going to jump in, finally. Now, I dont know what to do.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
My initial post patch impression is that the auto spotting is overbearing and breaks the immersion, and the top tier players have responded to the TTK changes by switching to the jungle carbine.

Oct 27, 2017
My initial post patch impression is that the auto spotting is overbearing and breaks the immersion, and the top tier players have responded to the TTK changes by switching to the jungle carbine.

I thought Jungle Carbine was on the naughty list? It is literally the only weapon that I can eyeball as the popular tool of my own deaths. Does it still kill with a one-bullet headshot and two-bullets bodyshots?

That weapon was a sniper for Medics without the optics.

NOT A SINGLE WOMAN. Fucking shameless what they're doing, holy shit.

It has started with Firestorm, though you had a couple of women soldiers in the background there, but the "purge" in the marketing was already in effect.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I thought Jungle Carbine was on the naughty list? It is literally the only weapon that I can eyeball as the popular tool of my own deaths. Does it still kill with a one-bullet headshot and two-bullets bodyshots?

That weapon was a sniper for Medics without the optics.

It has started with Firestorm, though you had a couple of women soldiers in the background there, but the "purge" in the marketing was already in effect.
I don't run it but I think it's still silly good. Used to be OHK HS at up to 100m and I believe it still is.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
capture.png

This is my welcome to the game after the patch.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very deliberately not including women in their trailers so as to not piss off misogynists so they'll buy their game for Christmas.
Never attribute malice to what can be adequately be explained by stupidity.

I mean they added three men and three women for both the US and Japanese with the Pacific content (meaning if you want a unique uniform for each class you must use at least one woman). They continually add women Elites. I very much doubt that there is any malice here.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Never attribute malice to what can be adequately be explained by stupidity.

I mean they added three men and three women for both the US and Japanese with the Pacific content (meaning if you want a unique uniform for each class you must use at least one woman). They continually add women Elites. I very much doubt that there is any malice here.
Everything about these trailers is deliberate. They've deliberately chosen to only show male soldiers. Why? Because they don't want to piss off the people who don't like that women are in this game. Why? Because they want to sell as many copies as possible.

It's not malicious, it's cowardice and it's catering to the worst parts of their audience.