• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
So is the advanced search just totally busted?

Like I refuse to believe that there are only two conquest servers available in all of North America with 1-5 slots available.

Most of the time the servers are full so if you are looking for only open slots you probably won't have many results. Relax your search criteria to include full servers.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Some of us have been playing hardcore mode in those battlefields for the TTK ( and lack of dorito ).
Dice is now making move to increase that TTK and reintroduce more dorito after I already bought the game because I knew I liked the TTK and lack of dorito.

If people wonder, my weapons with the most kills are the Drill and ZH-29 ( slow RPM so probably no or limited damage nerf from what we know ) so it's not about me not wanting to see my favorite weapons nerfed.
I had the same reaction as you when I first heard about the spotting change, but take a look at the gifs first. It only makes a difference at a very close range, so it's like an anti camper tool. You can't see any 3D icons above players when they're at mid or long range, so it's different to how it was in BF3 and BF4.

Oct 27, 2017
Hardcore was always my favorite way to play BF. The only problem with the old games is that the Hardcore servers with DLC were rarely populated. That shouldn't be a problem now that all the maps are free.

I only sorta missed hardcore in BFV because it already felt halfway there, but with these changes I really hope Dice considers adding hardcore.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yeah I don't think the spotting system is that much of an issue, if it works only for you and at very close range. Otherwise it would be 3D spotting and I would be very very against it

BTK is where I'm not in

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Keep sending that feedback! :p
I don't think Iwo Jima plays well in Conquest. A and B are so far away from all the action, that once a team has control of them, it's very difficult to retake either one. C as well, though it's closer to D and E. Having E and F so close to both spawns makes those a tug of war, and focuses all the action there, in spite of years of playing Conquest in BF making me feel like having the action towards the center of the map is where the game feels at its best. If the enemy can hold D, E, or F reasonably well, they can be right outside your spawn with tanks and infantry ready to mow your team down.

It's just not a great experience. I've never had fun in Iwo Jima Conquest.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I generally agree with Iwo being a so so conquest map but fantastic breakthrough map but I do still enjoy Iwo in conquest. I absolutely adore storm in conquest though. It's one of my favorite conquest maps in the entire series.

But can I just say it drives me absolutely mad how often teams get obsessed with taking D! Especially if I'm on a losing team and they spend 20 mins fighting a pitched battle at D when the map is perfect for flanking. It's so easy to get around to E, F and G as the US, yet I find myself trying to cap them with, at best , one other teammate but more often just myself. It's infuriating. Usually the matches that play out on storm are pretty balanced though, so it's a minor quibble. I just wanted to say what a fucking BF thing it is to throw your head against the wall at D and ignore multiple flanking lanes. Never change you dumb Smurfs

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I generally agree with Iwo being a so so conquest map but fantastic breakthrough map but I do still enjoy Iwo in conquest. I absolutely adore storm in conquest though. It's one of my favorite conquest maps in the entire series.
Hard agree. Pacific Storm in Conquest is superb. Reminds me of Paracel Storm in the best of ways (fitting, given it's meant to be a throwback to that map). I wish the sheer number of Type 10 guns was pared way back for Breakthrough, however. Without a pilot to keep them in check, players in Pacific Storm Breakthrough can fall back to their spawn, sit on the Type 10 guns, and harass the enemy team while going almost completely unchallenged.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Hard agree. Pacific Storm in Conquest is superb. Reminds me of Paracel Storm in the best of ways (fitting, given it's meant to be a throwback to that map). I wish the sheer number of Type 10 guns was pared way back for Breakthrough, however. Without a pilot to keep them in check, players in Pacific Storm Breakthrough can fall back to their spawn, sit on the Type 10 guns, and harass the enemy team while going almost completely unchallenged.
Yup. Those 10's wreck shop if not handled. Speaking of pilots I was getting absolutely demolished by a zero on storm tonight. I was infantry and the guy killed me at least 7 times lol. I don't know what he's doing in that plane but I want to learn how to do it

Truth is I played an enormous amount with planes in 3-4 and a little in 1 but have barely touched them here. The upgrade slog is too steep. Fortunately I'm still kicking ass in tanks :)

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Still loving them game.

after playing exclusively medics and using bolt action carbines I've changed withType 100 and playing as assault with the grand and damn my K/D has become way better.
Assault class really are the best class still.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Happy birthday, old boy. You've been one hell of a project. :)

giphy.gif

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt think I would like the Trench Carbine but after playing a few games, im liking it a lot. Been doing pretty well with it during PTFO

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Counter sniping with the double barrel bolt is hilarious. Especially when you see the glint staring right at you.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not liking that this weeks ToW is making me play non-Pacific content.

Also I like the soldier icon changes and the bullet to kill changes sound good in theory.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
As always I'm willing to hold full judgement until I actually play the new TTK and Icon changes but this is something that should be tested in a CTE or custom server and not in a full live patch.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Not liking that this weeks ToW is making me play non-Pacific content.
It's funny, because they're not bad maps, but the Pacific stuff is not only fresh and new, but some of my favorite Battlefield content in years. Better than Final Stand, I dare say. I've already spent more combined hours on Pacific Storm and Iwo Jima than I have on any other map in the game. They're that good.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Grind is back? Say no more; I needed to work on my MMG Mastery Assignments anyway.

Yes, I'm that person on your team.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Please DICE for the love of everything fix that annoying exploit where Japanese players can stand on a American Spawn Boat on Pacific Storm Breakthrough, WITH ammo boxes, and Flugerfuck American planes that tries to refuel/just spawn on the two carriers next to it on the first attack zone.

And even more please.
Make.
Official.
Server.
Balance.
Scripts!

Both for when one team is down to 5 players vs. a full team of 32 and ALSO when one team won the last round with 95% of tickets left! Some team scrambling would be nice then!

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Boy howdy I sure do love losing 10+ grind rounds in a row despite being MVP because DICE is too incompetent to put in a team balancer/scrambler.

Oct 27, 2017
Please DICE for the love of everything fix that annoying exploit where Japanese players can stand on a American Spawn Boat on Pacific Storm Breakthrough, WITH ammo boxes, and Flugerfuck American planes that tries to refuel/just spawn on the two carriers next to it on the first attack zone.

Take a tank and kill their boat? There is also a flak cannon on the carrier to defend it.

You lost a boat to the enemies, you allowed them to swim all the way to your carrier, and then you allow their squad to keep firing at your planes.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Take a tank and kill their boat? There is also a flak cannon on the carrier to defend it.

You lost a boat to the enemies, you allowed them to swim all the way to your carrier, and then you allow their squad to keep firing at your planes.
You're missing the point, which is that they shouldn't be allowed to be in the enemy spawn, period.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden

Like Triscuitable points out, that area should not be a playable zone to begin with. It'd be like if the Americans could take a boat to the Japanese air field and stand on the runway with a bunch of Flugerfausts. Which they can't. Cause there is a Outside Boundary zone put there for Americans. To stop this exact kind of spawn camping.

Oct 27, 2017
Like Triscuitable points out, that area should not be a playable zone to begin with. It'd be like if the Americans could take a boat to the Japanese air field and stand on the runway with a bunch of Flugerfausts. Which they can't. Cause there is a Outside Boundary zone put there for Americans. To stop this exact kind of spawn camping.

That is what you do in the last sector omegalul, you drive your tank on their airway for ez kills.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Is the year 2 bundle filled with stuff you can no longer get or could you just grind your way to them

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Is the year 2 bundle filled with stuff you can no longer get or could you just grind your way to them
I think the cosmetics are no longer obtainable, but none of the guns in the bundle are locked behind a paywall. Each gun is 1700CC, and each vehicle is 2500CC.
That is what you do in the last sector omegalul, you drive your tank on their airway for ez kills.
That also shouldn't be a thing. Just because the defenders can harass the attackers doesn't mean the opposite is okay.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
So the planes in the new Pacific content can drop fire bombs covering an area in fire. Okay so the fire looks like it goes away but the damage from the fire remains for a very long time after the visual fire is gone. Can't tell you how many times I've died to invisible fire leftover from a plane's fire bombs because it didn't look like any fire was there at all. I just randomly start taking damage while running through an area and it's because a plane just recently fire bombed there and I can't see it.

Oct 27, 2017
That also shouldn't be a thing. Just because the defenders can harass the attackers doesn't mean the opposite is okay.

B point is literally next to the airway. This isn't an accident, the map is designed this way. I know this is stupid, believe me. Similar thing is on Al Soondan, where you can drive to A and kill planes on the airway.

It is the artifact of the DICE design process: DICE creates the terrain first, and only then they adapt the map to the game modes.

Oct 27, 2017
So the planes in the new Pacific content can drop fire bombs covering an area in fire. Okay so the fire looks like it goes away but the damage from the fire remains for a very long time after the visual fire is gone. Can't tell you how many times I've died to invisible fire leftover from a plane's fire bombs because it didn't look like any fire was there at all. I just randomly start taking damage while running through an area and it's because a plane just recently fire bombed there and I can't see it.

Upgrade your potato.

Actually I don't know whether this is the issue, I can only say that I haven't noticed

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Is there seriously no way to turn off controller aim assist on ps4?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Is there seriously no way to turn off controller aim assist on ps4?

I wish. Shit throws my aim off all the damn time if another guy happens to run in front of the target I'm aiming at. I usually turn it off or turn it down to very low sensitivity when I'm given the choice.

Edit: Found it. Its in the gameplay section under advanced/ soldier aim assist and theres a sliding scale so you can adjust it how ever you wish.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Games on Sale on Psn right now - is the 10€ extra for the year 2 package worth it for the content?

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I wish. Shit throws my aim off all the damn time if another guy happens to run in front of the target I'm aiming at. I usually turn it off or turn it down to very low sensitivity when I'm given the choice.

Edit: Found it. Its in the gameplay section under advanced/ soldier aim assist and theres a sliding scale so you can adjust it how ever you wish.
Oh ok thanks, I was ready to request a refund.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Games on Sale on Psn right now - is the 10€ extra for the year 2 package akrth the content?

Should be if you intend to level up, paying for the extra content will let you save your CC for other stuff. Saves a fair bit of time.

To put it into context: If weapons and vehicles are still 1,500 a pop, 21 of them for 'free' will save you 30k+ CC. You get 250ish CC on average per round, not counting the extra given per level up. You generally unlock the ability to spend faster than you have CC to spend (gee, wonder why).

Last edited:

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Boy howdy I sure do love losing 10+ grind rounds in a row despite being MVP because DICE is too incompetent to put in a team balancer/scrambler.

This!

I lost six in a row.......badly. Like, the other team had an average of 300 tickets left on each match. I dropped out, and came back in, and it still put me on the losing team.

The balancer is garbage-tier.

I just want that one win so I can get that bat, move on, and never play Grind again.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So epic skins and unlocks can only be unlocked through the paid currency? Or can they be randomly unlocked in loot boxes or leveling up or whatever the progression system is here

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
So epic skins and unlocks can only be unlocked through the paid currency? Or can they be randomly unlocked in loot boxes or leveling up or whatever the progression system is here
There's no loot boxes. You can buy weapons, vehicles, and gadgets you missed out on in past ToWs with company coins. You can also purchase gun and vehicle skins with CC, but that costs a lot more and is aimed more at the folks who already have almost everything unlocked.

If you want epic skins, you'll need to drop some money on BFC, or play to the middle and final tiers of the battle pass, which include epic weapon and character skins.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
There's no loot boxes. You can buy weapons, vehicles, and gadgets you missed out on in past ToWs with company coins. You can also purchase gun and vehicle skins with CC, but that costs a lot more and is aimed more at the folks who already have almost everything unlocked.

If you want epic skins, you'll need to drop some money on BFC, or play to the middle and final tiers of the battle pass, which include epic weapon and character skins.
Ok, looking now there's a loooot of skins that are exclusive to the weekly rewards system and whatnot. Can any of those be bought with regular company coins? Like the common ones and whatnot?

Also where do I actually see the skins available? Or do they just rotate them out in the store?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, looking now there's a loooot of skins that are exclusive to the weekly rewards system and whatnot. Can any of those be bought with regular company coins? Like the common ones and whatnot?

Also where do I actually see the skins available? Or do they just rotate them out in the store?
No, the weekly reward skins are one-and-done. Miss out and they're gone, AFAIK. Skins sold in the shop are on rotation as sets, but selecting a weapon's parts lets you see skins that aren't sold on rotation.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
No, the weekly reward skins are one-and-done. Miss out and they're gone, AFAIK. Skins sold in the shop are on rotation as sets, but selecting a weapon's parts lets you see skins that aren't sold on rotation.
Well that's lame considering skins are like 10 bucks each. I didn't mind paying for premium for BF4 and 1 but if it's 10 dollars or 7.50 or whatever just to unlock one weapon or character skin I'm never dropping a dime on that. Shame considering BF1 has some absolutely beautiful weapon skins.

That applies to both the weapon skins and the character skins?