• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw Jack Frag's newest video

are DICE really fucking with the TTK again? Literally who asked for this?????

Marketing and player retention teams, they pointed at Fortnite, saying that BR, Building and Cosmetics weren't enough. We need to increase the TTK to finally tap into that audience.

I am up for some small weapon rebalance, but it had to be case-by-case analyzing the most popular weapons and toning them down, such as Jungle Carbine. Medics will be crushing everyone if you make it difficult to burst them down, they will just tank medium-long range fire as they rush from cover to covering healing everytime.

However, none of this matters, just another blunder for BFV with either undesirable changes, or DICE backing out from the backlash. Things like matchmaking, cheaters, GO are ignored, while they literally taint the experience for everyone.

Social media made it very clear this year: companies which ignore the audience are in trouble. It is all about delivering the right product to the audience, and they (we) will start the marketing campaign that no money can buy.

Last edited:

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
If the semi autos still kill in two bullets after the automatics are nerfed into the ground this is going to be a complete shitshow.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to be so bummed if this goes through. The reason BFV is always installed for me is the crisp gunplay that I can jump into at any time and get some aim practice and fun shooting in. I don't know who they think they are appealing to by doing this change but I can assure you that new players don't like it either when they dump half a mag into someone in clear daylight and don't get a kill, and basically have no impact all since that person has more than enough time to duck behind cover and heal up.

It feels like they are just backstepping on the ideals that made BFV great like the punchy gunplay, lack of doritos, and attrition. That is the wrong direction because those are the things that made it the best playing BF in years. Stop messing with what works and just add maps please.

Zareth

Oct 25, 2017
These changes seem like something that a public test server would be great for. Just throwing changes this big into the live server with no player feedback seems like an odd choice.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
These changes seem like something that a public test server would be great for. Just throwing changes this big into the live server with no player feedback seems like an odd choice.
Remember how much better BF4 got because of the CTE and feedback from fans? Fans of the game, such as myself, really do want BFV to get better. Even if it's already in a good spot, there's always room for improvement, and that's what the CTE was for in BF4, Hardline, and BF1.

BTK changes can potentially benefit the game a great deal, but just pushing them into the game without receiving feedback on them could result in a completely imbalanced mess of a game for entirely new reasons.
Some action based on feedback from the thread: shooting spotting flares now gives score. :)

Keep sending that feedback! :p
Improved anti-cheat measures and a CTE would be amazing.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Why the fuck are DICE messing with something thats good and is actually working well? Guess Im gonna have to go back to not playing it.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leveling up planes feels impossible when everyone else has more upgrades than you. I just get melted up there.
This is what I came here to post.

I can't believe this upgrade centric model exists. It's fucking abysmal to have to spend hours camping planes spawns to get a tick of progress.

It's absurd how much better upgraded planes are. The upgrade system in recent battlefield games is by far, head and shoulders, the WORST fucking aspect of these games. Remember when you needed to grind to unlock the gadgets that made your kit relevant?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
This is what I came here to post.

I can't believe this upgrade centric model exists. It's fucking abysmal to have to spend hours camping planes spawns to get a tick of progress.

It's absurd how much better upgraded planes are. The upgrade system in recent battlefield games is by far, head and shoulders, the WORST fucking aspect of these games. Remember when you needed to grind to unlock the gadgets that made your kit relevant?

Honestly, since you can't spend all your time in planes and tanks it would just be better to let players just spend cc on the upgrades instead of gating them behind a grind you can't even work on all the time. I haven't even been in a plane in several matches because they're almost never available. Since there's no air superiority mode, you're sitting in a menu waiting for a spawn to open up that you're fighting who knows how many others for.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, since you can't spend all your time in planes and tanks it would just be better to let players just spend cc on the upgrades instead of gating them behind a grind you can't even work on all the time. I haven't even been in a plane in several matches because they're almost never available. Since there's no air superiority mode, you're sitting in a menu waiting for a spawn to open up that you're fighting who knows how many others for.
Ding ding

It's also incredible dumb to have each individual vehicle be it's own upgrade path PER COUNTRY

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
So what level are y'all at? I'm seeing crazy high levels like 140+ running around.
I'm lvl 80 myself and I play regularly....these people must be playing 6 hours a day, 7 days a week or something......

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
If the semi autos still kill in two bullets after the automatics are nerfed into the ground this is going to be a complete shitshow.
Semi autos aren't changing at all. They still lose at medium to close range like they do now. They just have a better chance at winning winthin their role against automatics. In what way is that a shit show?

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Semi autos aren't changing at all. They still lose at medium to close range like they do now. They just have a better chance at winning winthin their role against automatics. In what way is that a shit show?
People just looove to complain. Assault weapons have been the strongest weapons since launch and players have clung to them to the detriment of other classes. SMGs take a hit as well but it is also at ranges where you already shouldn't engage. It is a much needed balance pass.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Depending on how it's balanced a slower TTK might get me back into playing again. That can in theory reduce the effectiveness of defensive play and make aggressive play more viable since you'll have more time to turn around and kill people. If it's as messily done as the last TTK change attempt then nah though. That messed up weapon balance far too much.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Some action based on feedback from the thread: shooting spotting flares now gives score. :)

Keep sending that feedback! :p

Thanks for that, it's a good change :)

I'll keep pushing for an audio option of language to "same as current team", so I can hear american english, british english, german german, and japanese japanese announcers

and don't touch the tommy gun please :(

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, let's at least wait to play the patch before we bitch about it.

Ideally, you could do exactly that without impacting the live game by having a CTE. For some reason this is beyond BFV despite it being critical to previous games. The desire to continually do this unasked for balancing around the holidays is super transparent.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, let's at least wait to play the patch before we bitch about it.
I think some of the complaints are valid. Where's anti-cheat? Where's team rebalancing and a scrambler? Moreover, even if those are in the patch, why advertise stuff like this instead of the things people have been begging for for over a year?

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
This pretty much sums up DICE for me.

btmph1cii2z31.jpg

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
This pretty much sums up DICE for me.

btmph1cii2z31.jpg

Literally no one asked for this to be changed. These guys are so fucking stupid.

And you know exactly what's going to happen too, they're going to break shit that wasn't broken and it's going to take another four months at least for it to be OK again. Morons, complete morons.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Literally no one asked for this to be changed. These guys are so fucking stupid.

And you know exactly what's going to happen too, they're going to break shit that wasn't broken and it's going to take another four months at least for it to be OK again. Morons, complete morons.
In the Reddit thread, DICE folks were posting examples of people complaining about enemies being prone on rubble or sand and being almost completely invisible. The new icons may not be the cleanest way of solving the problem, but MMG users going prone or supine and waiting for enemies to come by while themselves being very hard to spot is a problem people have complained about for the past year. This is not an elegant solution, and it's not what the community should want as a solution, but it is something people have wanted for a long time now.

Additionally, for the umpteenth time, these are BTK CHANGES, and the goal is to change the number of bullets to kill specific weapons take to kill an enemy at range, not reducing the overall TTK for every weapon class. In the blog post, we were informed these were changes on a per-weapon basis.

I'll use this example again: the MG-42 and BMG are statistically almost identical in regards to damage, dropoff, and velocity. However, when you factor in rate of fire, the MG-42 will always kill faster, because it puts lead of the same lethality downrange more quickly. These are the kinds of changes were can expect with the BTK tweaks. Because frankly, there's very little variety in weapons once people figured out which ones had the most optimal stats for all ranges. BTK changes will mean people will need to consider weapon choices more carefully, since Jack of All Trades weapons like the Thompson won't be the be-all, end-all of SMGs anymore.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
I want team balance....and Anti-Cheat...

Sometimes I would just join the losing team just to try and stem the tide. Being robbed of that is quite annoying.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
In the Reddit thread, DICE folks were posting examples of people complaining about enemies being prone on rubble or sand and being almost completely invisible. The new icons may not be the cleanest way of solving the problem, but MMG users going prone or supine and waiting for enemies to come by while themselves being very hard to spot is a problem people have complained about for the past year. This is not an elegant solution, and it's not what the community should want as a solution, but it is something people have wanted for a long time now.
The problem is this fix STILL DOESN'T FIX THAT... Because by the time you get close enough to trigger the dorito above their head, you will be dead.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
The problem is this fix STILL DOESN'T FIX THAT... Because by the time you get close enough to trigger the dorito above their head, you will be dead.
I literally said, "This is not an elegant solution, and it's not what the community should want as a solution, but it is something people have wanted for a long time now." I never said it fixed anything.

My point was to tell the person calling DICE "fucking idiots" and "complete morons" over something "literally no one asked for" that no, people have in fact asked for this quite a bit. That doesn't mean this is the right way to solve the problem, but it is an attempt to solve the problem people have wanted solved, and that's all. I am not defending the change, because I think it's a bad way to go about it, but visibility is a problem we need rectified.

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019

Additionally, for the umpteenth time, these are BTK CHANGES, and the goal is to change the number of bullets to kill specific weapons take to kill an enemy at range, not reducing the overall TTK for every weapon class. In the blog post, we were informed these were changes on a per-weapon basis.

I'll use this example again: the MG-42 and BMG are statistically almost identical in regards to damage, dropoff, and velocity. However, when you factor in rate of fire, the MG-42 will always kill faster, because it puts lead of the same lethality downrange more quickly. These are the kinds of changes were can expect with the BTK tweaks. Because frankly, there's very little variety in weapons once people figured out which ones had the most optimal stats for all ranges. BTK changes will mean people will need to consider weapon choices more carefully, since Jack of All Trades weapons like the Thompson won't be the be-all, end-all of SMGs anymore.

No one is complaining about the guns, literally no one. This game has so many other pressing issues, the fucking guns were not one of them.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
elenarie can I report a bug with you?

Had a match without squad leader. Literally. According to the squads menu, he was joining, but the match was full... the entire match was without a leader, no one could take his place asking for orders, and the bug went into the next match too.

Finally completed the Tommy gun mastery... before it's dead lol

Battlefield-V-Screenshot-2019-11-16-21-10-15-92.png

Battlefield-V-Screenshot-2019-11-16-21-11-15-08.png

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
No one is complaining about the guns, literally no one. This game has so many other pressing issues, the fucking guns were not one of them.
You need to stop using rhetoric like "no one is complaining about X" or "nobody asked for Y". You will almost always be wrong. Plenty of people on the forums and subreddit have voiced fatigue with the existing weapons meta.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Automatics can barely hang with semi-auto rifles now at any range. It's going to be a slaughter post patch. I can practically hear the bitching already.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Automatics can barely hang with semi-auto rifles now at any range. It's going to be a slaughter post patch. I can practically hear the bitching already.

I don't know, I feel like I've been outgunned at medium to long range by automatics an unusual amount of times. I consider myself a decent shot in the game so it's not like I wasn't hitting them.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Not thrilled about the spotting changes. I feel like the issues with visibility have been improved to the point it's not an issue anymore. Or at least, I am unable to hide by proning anymore, people always see me now. Used to be I could have people step on me and they wouldn't notice but it hasn't been that way for a long long time.

Would be nice to get auto-teambalance, ability to switch teams, some form of anti-cheat, and an overhaul to the Unlocks UI. Why are there like 3 different menus to go through just to obtain something you've unlocked? Why do we have to exit the game in order to get these unlocks? Is this intended? Do they actually want us to leave a game after a match just to grab the stuff we unlocked? What is the logic in this?

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I don't know, I feel like I've been outgunned at medium to long range by automatics an unusual amount of times. I consider myself a decent shot in the game so it's not like I wasn't hitting them.
You gotta use the recon semi auto rifles and double tap. Only downside is long reload times but stop and pop works fine for that. It's borderline OP as it is now. Post patch it's going to be unfair.

And I'm saying that as a recon main.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest issue with the game right now is that every server empties after each game. I genuinely feel that sometimes I spend more time looking for games than I do playing.

There has to be team balance and you need to be able to switch assignments in game.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not entirely opposed to the spotting idea. We'll see how it works in practice but I'm tentatively okay with it but mostly cause some maps still have a lot of corner campers

I'd really like to see some greater variance in the gun unlocks. Someone posted above, and it's a great point, that most of the guns have the exact same unlocks. If we had more variety in the unlocks it would go further towards making each gun unique. I think it's unlikely to happen this late in the game though. Changing the unlocks would upset too many people

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not entirely opposed to the spotting idea. We'll see how it works in practice but I'm tentatively okay with it but mostly cause some maps still have a lot of corner campers

I'd really like to see some greater variance in the gun unlocks. Someone posted above, and it's a great point, that most of the guns have the exact same unlocks. If we had more variety in the unlocks it would go further towards making each gun unique. I think it's unlikely to happen this late in the game though. Changing the unlocks would upset too many people
People are more put off by the idea that your weapon gets 11 hitmarkers and the enemy still doesnt die. Reddit community is pretty hardcore fans right now considering most casuals left but its undeniable that the BF3/BF4 fanbase is much more casual and BFV is a much more harder game to do well in

I really like attrition. I feel they found a better balance for it, but I do admit its frustrating to constantly run out of ammo or health and then get struck in one shot by a random bullet. I love the feeling of surviving by the skin of my teeth and the positions Im put in, I dont like it when my teammates refuse to cooperate.

BF is the only team game with this issue where my teammates are absolute dense morons. I can play any other game and expect solid teamwork from even the worst of teammates, but its only in BF where a medic or support will flat out refuse to press the button needed to heal or supply you.

Expecitng teamwork from a bunch of console jerks is impossibly frustrating and Im so sick of having entire runs ruined by some jerk that refuses to toss ammo. Admittedly, the medics are far better in this regard but only because there are more medics than support so it's more likely I get one of them tossing me bandages.

I can imagine DICE wants to revert some things-- I wouldnt even be surprised if they raised the health regen back to 70 and make the 30 HP come from bandages.

I dont mind rotating for ammo supplies and relying on teammates, but when teammates refuse to drop things for you AND when most people are playing assault and not support, the game gets frustrating.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
You can go up to support and medic players and press e to get supplies now. DICE has implicitly acknowledged that people suck.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Just updated myself on the changes coming. Not really surprising. Battlefield V has literally no coherent focus or vision and DICE's post launch support and balance/features have been just throwing shit at the wall and hoping something resembling a balance experienced comes through. I get they're probably doubling down on accessibility features to strengthen the longevity of the title for the casual audience. The overall design's deeply ingrained issues with balance (map layouts, weapon damage, etc) probably also make it difficult for them to "fix" imbalance and problems while also staying true to the stuff they wanted to keep in.

Maybe it'll work. Maybe it wont. Don't know, don't care. Battlefield V sits firmly in the "disposable fun" pile for me. A pile that also shares the title "worst mainline entry in the series". It'll never be fixed into the game I want it to be, so I'm just gonna ride DICE's wave of erratic balance and feature swings until I'm bored. Breakthrough on Iwo Jima is some of the most fun I've gotten out of the entire game, so credit where it's due. Let's see if they fuck that up with the balance pass.

And I mean...beating a dead horse here...but is anything ever going to be done about cheating? I know it's really fucking hard to address these problems, but it really just never goes away.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are more put off by the idea that your weapon gets 11 hitmarkers and the enemy still doesnt die. Reddit community is pretty hardcore fans right now considering most casuals left but its undeniable that the BF3/BF4 fanbase is much more casual and BFV is a much more harder game to do well in

I really like attrition. I feel they found a better balance for it, but I do admit its frustrating to constantly run out of ammo or health and then get struck in one shot by a random bullet. I love the feeling of surviving by the skin of my teeth and the positions Im put in, I dont like it when my teammates refuse to cooperate.

BF is the only team game with this issue where my teammates are absolute dense morons. I can play any other game and expect solid teamwork from even the worst of teammates, but its only in BF where a medic or support will flat out refuse to press the button needed to heal or supply you.

Expecitng teamwork from a bunch of console jerks is impossibly frustrating and Im so sick of having entire runs ruined by some jerk that refuses to toss ammo. Admittedly, the medics are far better in this regard but only because there are more medics than support so it's more likely I get one of them tossing me bandages.

I can imagine DICE wants to revert some things-- I wouldnt even be surprised if they raised the health regen back to 70 and make the 30 HP come from bandages.

I dont mind rotating for ammo supplies and relying on teammates, but when teammates refuse to drop things for you AND when most people are playing assault and not support, the game gets frustrating.

If they increase self healing while they nerf smgs they might as well get rid of the medic class.

I do wonder how much these decisions are driven by console players because I feel like none of this shit is a huge problem on PC.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield V has literally no coherent focus or vision and DICE's post launch support and balance/features have been just throwing shit at the wall and hoping something resembling a balance experienced comes through.

Battlefield V sits firmly in the "disposable fun" pile for me. A pile that also shares the title "worst mainline entry in the series".

Is anything ever going to be done about cheating? I know it's really fucking hard to address these problems, but it really just never goes away.
This covers my exact feelings with BFV,

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
If they increase self healing while they nerf smgs they might as well get rid of the medic class.

I do wonder how much these decisions are driven by console players because I feel like none of this shit is a huge problem on PC.
the team that has less medics will be disadvantaged if they run around with 60-70HP max and have no medics to heal them fully. Their revive speed is critical in ensuring tickets stay maxed out on teams.

I dont see why they should nerf SMGs, but Medic players are also great at tossing smokes. Do they not also have the grenade launchers?