• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It depends on the scope. Up to 2x ADS speed is the same for Carbines, LMGs and Assault rifles (300ms), 3x bumps it up to 433ms. At that point the specialization is more valuable. SMGs have a lower base value (217ms) and are thus less effected by the percentage based (33%) perk. If you are fighting SMGs you're at a disadvantage with assault weapons and LMGs, less so with quick aim. Values may have been changed over time but that's how I remember them.

217ms quick aim -> gains 72ms advantage (over... other SMGs, and against pistols)
300ms quick aim -> gains 99ms advantage
433ms quick aim -> gains 143ms advantage
Hmm... so if I was a rusher as Assault and using the STG44 with iron sights it would be worth it, but if I were using the M1 Garand and being more standoffish than not so much.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well... I found out recently on reddit that there's something you can do for tank campers that don't help at all the team : https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...nge_on_player_who_steals_your_tank_when_your/

I didn't know that this solution existed

WIll certainly use it when needed :) (aerodrome is another map where tanks camping at the very edge, close to spawn, are just a PITA...)

Thats hilarious and will probably be enough to make up for the frustrating times I've dealt with tank campers leaving the other 30 of their teammates trying to advance on enemy tanks actively defending.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
noob here. Is the STG better than the Ribeyrolles?

Well, they are both good weapons. It mostly depends on your preferences and your aim quality. The Rib bullets hit harder but it has a slower rate of fire. So... Yeah, depends on you mostly. As is true for most weapons in the game.

Overall, i'd say the STG is the most versatile and reliable in most situations but the Rib is still a very good gun.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I feel like in general we need to have the Blizzard saying of "Not everything you datamine will make it into the game". :p

Zareth

Oct 25, 2017
Well, they are both good weapons. It mostly depends on your preferences and your aim quality. The Rib bullets hit harder but it has a slower rate of fire. So... Yeah, depends on you mostly. As is true for most weapons in the game.

Overall, i'd say the STG is the most versatile and reliable in most situations but the Rib is still a very good gun.
Ribby is better at range for the majority of players IMO. It's a much more stable gun platform making it much easier for hitting targets, close range I think the higher ROF of the STG should win out if you can hit your shots. If you are really good at getting headshots the ribby can do 50 dmg a hit at very close range which can be devastating.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
noob here. Is the STG better than the Ribeyrolles?
You can't go wrong, really. Think of assaults as M1907 -> STG44 -> Ribeyrolles from close to medium-long range and let your preference guide you. Ribeyrolles tends to be more consistent at hitting heads because it's more controllable than the other two at the expense of RoF, but they're all very good.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
What can you even do when your team of attackers just sit in the tanks at home base

Vehicles should have a significantly smaller playable area than infantry. I'm so tired of tanks on offense/defense in every mode sitting on the single furthest inch of the map, never ever moving. Fuck these people. A smaller playable area would force them into the action more and allow for increased flanking opportunities on them.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Today we had a small celebration in the office for the release of the Pacific. General reception has been very positive.

After really bad months during the summer, the atmosphere in the studio is very different now. You don't know how much your feedback empowers people to do better. Thank you and keep sending it!

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Today we had a small celebration in the office for the release of the Pacific. General reception has been very positive.

After really bad months during the summer, the atmosphere in the studio is very different now. You don't know how much your feedback empowers people to do better. Thank you and keep sending it!

Seems like you have a weed problem, easily remedied with some roundup weed killer.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
That's very nice to hear! I took a break from around May til now, and I've been very pleased with my return to the game. Everything feels much smoother, there are some nice extra features like grabbing supplies off of your allies/the lean feature, the new guns are fun to play with, and the new maps are fantastic. Kudos to the team at Dice, I've been having a lot of fun with BFV this week

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
One thing I love about Battlefield over CoD is the fact that I can contribute without being a killing machine. I play as a medic and stay slightly back of the front lines and jump up to revive people as necessary. This only works of course, if people play the damn objective. I'm very casual and am far better at healing than I am at killing :).

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
It feels good when your team is competent enough to completely stop the American side from capturing the first sector on Pacific Storm Breakthrough. Tanks and the Type 10s were on point, preventing the LVTs from breaking through, and you got Support repairing the Tanks as well.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Good work! I am looking forward to future stuff! Hopefully the dev team won't feel that negative atmosphere again and glad it didn't effect the content. DICE delivered IMO!

Oct 25, 2017
Is there something wrong with the server filtering or is Operation Underground just not popular?
As soon as I select it as the only map I want, I get 0 results back.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad to realize we're probably not gonna see a WWII setting again for another decade or so.

I know many are itching for BF Modern Warfare, but I really hope they go Alt-History Vietnam and Cold War before going back to the modern warfare.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Anyone else just not hearing footsteps again? Like guy sprinting directly in front of me and nothing. Still hear shuffling when someone is prone and moving though.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I try to play conquest and I don't really like the flow of combat. I always go for Rush / Breakthrough because there's constantly action at the objectives.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Vehicles should have a significantly smaller playable area than infantry. I'm so tired of tanks on offense/defense in every mode sitting on the single furthest inch of the map, never ever moving. Fuck these people. A smaller playable area would force them into the action more and allow for increased flanking opportunities on them.
That would make flanking distant flags a lot harder though.

Maybe DICE can give the drivers who play near the flags some kind of objective vehicle support bonus. It's usually better from a design standpoint to reward good team behaviors rather than focusing on punishing bad players.

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
...to the next level, creating a thick layer of flak across the sky, stretching onto the horizon.

Really though, the Fliegerfaust is a symptom of poor plane balancing. If the FF is getting nerfed, planes need to be heavily nerf as well.

yeah, nurfing one but not the other breaks the game even more. Either Nerf both or keep them as is.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul

That's really nice to see. You guys deserve it.

I got rid of the game last spring, but this recent update got me to repurchase BFV, and I'm having the most fun I've had with it since launch.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving using that anti air rocket launcher. If my team on the AA turrets can't shoot them. or if our planes keep dying, I'm definitely shooting them with that launcher.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I just want like a super dense jungle map. Like a combo of Argonne, Operation Outbreak and Endor from Battlefront 1.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I just want like a super dense jungle map. Like a combo of Argonne, Operation Outbreak and Endor from Battlefront 1.
I loveeeed the setting of Argonne...but I wanted it to be thicker/denser and bigger. Was a bit sad it was a Metro styled map

DICE has got to feel so high right now. The Pacific content has completely rejuvenated my love for Battefield. Cant stop thinking about the maps and Im not just watching YT vids and looking at older gameplay from BF1943 for fun

Any good BF youtubers? BrokenMachine, jackFrags and Westie seem fine, but Jack is focused more on news content of all games, and Westie isn't really my fave.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
The Ardennes and Hurtgen Forest were both sites of conflict between the Allies and Germany in WWII. Either the Battle of the Bulge or Battle of Hurtgen Forest would give DICE the opportunity to showcase America vs. Germany, to boot. Though the Americans would likely need warmer clothes.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I was asking for tank upgrade paths (for the new tanks) in here....

And I was reluctant to go all right side because I tend to engage more infantry than tanks so specific tank buster upgrades seemed superfluous. Well boy was I wrong. I chose the howitzer on two tanks and I couldn't be more disappointed. The range on these things is like 15 yards. You have to point up at the sky to hit soldiers right in front of you. So for anyone wondering, sure the flamethrower is pretty badass but if you're working your way through the tree stay the FUCK away from the howitzer. Now I have to wait until I hit level 6 to respec and I'm basically a trash tank that can only kill with the MG so it's gonna be a bit. It's too bad. I don't mind the idea of Slower RoF and even a shorter range but these need to have their range nerfed big time before they're viable. You literally have to be in the center of a group of soldiers before it's effective, but boy is it when you're right there. You just won't stay alive long

Oct 29, 2017

I may talk a lot of shit but you guys are doing good work, and have been for a while now. The Pacific is incredible, kudos to you and the team. Yall still make my favorite FPSs ever