• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Where can I find the contents of the season pass or whatever it's called for this game? Like specifically what items are included.

Also, will past Tides of War unlocks be available again at any point or is that a one-and-done event?

phazedplasma

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You should know that the bolt does not always slide forward when you insert the clip and it has to be pushed forward. Both reloading animations with the bolt sliding forward automatically and you pushing it forward are actually in the game. So DICE actually did really well with the Garand reload.
Yep they did a good job with the reload stuff. But the sound of it firing and recoil are fantasy land.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Where can I find the contents of the season pass or whatever it's called for this game? Like specifically what items are included.

Also, will past Tides of War unlocks be available again at any point or is that a one-and-done event?
The pacific maps are whats new currently. 2 maps and 4 new maps. In addition, there are 3 new weapons in the ToW overall rank. The weekly ToW stuff should be unlockable using CC ,I believe, afterwards. Like new weapons can be bough if you didnt unlock them using CC later.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
The Garand having multiple reload animations is awesome, it really adds to the atmosphere when you're getting swarmed on Iwo Jima and you get the 'Garand thumb' reload

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The pacific maps are whats new currently. 2 maps and 4 new maps. In addition, there are 3 new weapons in the ToW overall rank. The weekly ToW stuff should be unlockable using CC ,I believe, afterwards. Like new weapons can be bough if you didnt unlock them using CC later.
You should request a title change to add "(War in the Pacific Out Now)" or something to the end.

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
How do I make HDR not look awful on PC. Cant seem to find the sweet spot. And the HDR luminance slider is busted. It says 85 is the peak.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017

But what about all the different chapter rewards and stuff, i didnt play the last chapter all the way and i dont think any of that is available anywhere else.

Also what is actually in the season pass thing

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I also wanted to chime in on the assignments thing. The feeling of progression in the game would be much improved you weren't limited to the active assignments you have selected. And experimenting with loadouts or switching classes for the good of your squad/team is severely discouraged. Maybe there are cosmetics economy considerations there, but it needs to be looked at either way. Having to back out and select new assignments is very detrimental to game flow that will keep people playing if everything is just tracked in the background automatically. If I'm messing with assignments instead of loading into the next match I'm much more likely to stop playing or go play something else.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that everything is locked behind BOINS and I have 23489789234 COMPANY COINS really pisses me off. Can we just change the name of ARMORY to PAID STORE and quit the BS? I don't care if I need to spend 100,000 CC on an item.

my BF tier

Bad company 2
BF4
BF 2 : Modern Combat
Bad Company
BF 1
BF 5
Imo

BF2
BF1
BFBC2
BF4
BF3
BF 1943
BF1 was flat out the worst experience in Battlefield I've had and I lived through the BF4 launch.

BC2
BFV (only now above 4 because of the Pacific)
BF4
BF3
BC1
BF1

I skipped Hardline and BF2: Modern Combat isn't a Frostbite game so I'm not ranking it.

Every one of you missed BATTLEFIELD: VIETNAM, which was the best BATTLEFIELD in the history of BF.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I also wanted to chime in on the assignments thing. The feeling of progression in the game would be much improved you weren't limited to the active assignments you have selected. And experimenting with loadouts or switching classes for the good of your squad/team is severely discouraged. Maybe there are cosmetics economy considerations there, but it needs to be looked at either way. Having to back out and select new assignments is very detrimental to game flow that will keep people playing if everything is just tracked in the background automatically. If I'm messing with assignments instead of loading into the next match I'm much more likely to stop playing or go play something else.

It makes me wonder, did DICE misinterpret a legitimate desire to track certain assignments that you want to progress through to only mean work on a handful assignments?? Its probably one of the most player unfriendly design choices I've ever seen implemented. Its literally a forced regression. Progression in BF1-V feels like post rank 100 progression in all the previous BF games starting from 3 to Hardline. After that point you've finished most of the progression and you're playing for fun and prestige which is ok. Anything that makes players not play the objective or work to contribute to the teams needs to not be in the next BF game. Period.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
My guess is that DICE doesn't want players to go through their assignments too quickly and possibly bounce off the game because they don't have anything to work towards anymore. Player retention if you will. Especially during periods that don't have ToW assignments/Chapter rewards.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
My guess is that DICE doesn't want players to go through their assignments too quickly and possibly bounce off the game because they don't have anything to work towards anymore. Player retention if you will. Especially during periods that don't have ToW assignments/Chapter rewards.
Makes sense in theory. If anything, I hope DICE reverts to the passive assignment system in the next BF if it can't be changed in BFV. I would rather keep it way it is if there is potential to break stuff they already fixed by trying to revert to passive completion of assignments in 5.
Edit: Because I have logged off plenty of times after backing out of a match to change assignments. Just took me out of the zone, per say.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Every one of you missed BATTLEFIELD: VIETNAM, which was the best BATTLEFIELD in the history of BF.
Wrong since bf1942 is the best battlefield because of both it's scope, and it's modding scene ( 2 things that the licence either killed or shrinked ).

Owning battlefield 1942 meant being able to play desert combat ( aka almost battlefield 2 ) and galactic conquest ( aka battlefront but better, except for the lack of hero/jedi I guess ). Ohh and Interstate 1982, doing Lan on that one was amazing.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im really starting to enjoy bf v again. The challenges are keeping me coming back for at least one game of break through daily, and they are making me experiment with classes i never use. I typically stick with medic or assault, but one challenge today had me try recon, and despite some troubles at first, by matches end i was having little trouble picking off dudes with the sniper. I like the new maps too. This game will never be bf4 good, let alone bf1 good, but for what it is, they turned it into an enjoyable battlefield game

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
But what about all the different chapter rewards and stuff, i didnt play the last chapter all the way and i dont think any of that is available anywhere else.

Also what is actually in the season pass thing
TBH I dont think you are able to get the previous chapter rewards, besides weapons. Perhaps thats something the devs can take a look at elenarie?

The Tides of War chapter 5? Just play the game and it works towards unlocking things. There could be some chapter 5 assignments that help the progress.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I really enjoy just playing support every once in a while and running around keeping fortifications built up and smoking anyone who dares touch them. Also, having one of those runs where you're in awe at your medics/squad reviving you over and over as you rack up kills is the stuff dreams are made of and almost make up for all the medics/squadmates that ignore you.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
The jungle carbine is faaaaaantastic, might replace the Trombone for me (though the grenade is still fun/useful when using smokes). You need the faster bolt cycle though otherwise you're screwed against multiples in close quarters, that means forgoing some juicy upgrades in the right tree.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn I keep messing up my reinforcements. I swear I flick up to the V2 rocket and it keeps selecting the smoke barrage. How precise do I need to be with flicking up on in this stupid wheel menu

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
I still hit at least one game ending bug per play session. Tried to switch squads and game just booted me back to the main menu. Dice, why? "Video games are hard" isn't a good enough excuse a year after buying a product for full price.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Did they finally up the rate of weather events happening? I got the sandstorm on Hamada which I literally haven't seen since around the game came out and it was awesome. The storm on Pacific Storm seems to happen consistently as well and is one of the best parts.

I never got the whole 'lets make them super rare so it's more special' thing, they're one of the best moments in the game you should show them off.

Also I've been using the Breda lately and I didn't think I'd like it because burst fire usually isn't my thing but it's pretty good once you get used to it. At real long range you can really only spam fire to supress while you close distance but at mid range you can really take people down.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Did they finally up the rate of weather events happening? I got the sandstorm on Hamada which I literally haven't seen since around the game came out and it was awesome. The storm on Pacific Storm seems to happen consistently as well and is one of the best parts.

I never got the whole 'lets make them super rare so it's more special' thing, they're one of the best moments in the game you should show them off.

Also I've been using the Breda lately and I didn't think I'd like it because burst fire usually isn't my thing but it's pretty good once you get used to it. At real long range you can really only spam fire to supress while you close distance but at mid range you can really take people down.

They said they we're going to tweak the dynamic weather and maybe even do a separate "weather" playlist at one point.

And are you aware that the Breda also has a semi auto option? Much better for long range encounters.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017

Pacific storm has the storm every match which I love

Asking anyone again if they have recommended upgrades for the new tank trees.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
The new Pacific maps are amazing. The more i play Iwo Jima on conquest, the more i like it. Pacific Storm was fantastic from the get go.

BF3
BFV
BF4
BF1
for me.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018

Not yet, we've been busy wrapping up the release of these two maps and Wake Island.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, a Sherman equipped with the Heat-T Round can take out the Japanese tanks with 2-3 shots.

Rocket Tanks can definitely fk you up. Learned that the hard way lmao.

I love Iwo Jima and Pacific Storm. I really would prefer a permanent playlist of just that.

Oct 26, 2017
Origin Premier subscription is just about up. I'd consider picking up the actual game for maybe 15-20 bucks at this point on PC but looks like I could get it for $45 after the Premier discount? Lol nope. I do own it on Xbox as I grabbed it during one of their OMG Battlefield isn't selling sales but I don't feel like grinding those unlocks so I guess this is it for me and Battlefield for a while.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Got back to playing BFV after going on hiatus since august, so this is my first time experiencing Al Sundan and Operation Metro as well. And ho boy if the new pacific maps are what I'd call instantly enjoyable, Operation Metro is instantly the exact opposite. Marita is kind of a grind but nowhere near the smoke everywhere shotgun fest that Metro is. If I wanted that kind of shitshow I'd play Breakthrough, which I don't. It's even worse than I could've imagined based on impressions and videos, going from a proper conquest map into Metro has a severe whiplash effect.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
So I noticed that the Year 2 Edition says that it adds additional weapons, vehicles etc. Can you still unlock that stuff when buying the normal version by just playing more?

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
So I noticed that the Year 2 Edition says that it adds additional weapons, vehicles etc. Can you still unlock that stuff when buying the normal version by just playing more?
Yeah, only a few cosmetics will be out of reach. You need to grind some coin for some unlocks but you'll get it quickly enough while using other equipment.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
BF3
BF1
BC2 (including Vietnam DLC)
BFV Pacific
BF1943
BF4
BFV Vanilla
BFH

Comparing the fun I had with each game when they were released, not how I'd rank them now, because obviously the older games would suck then.
Still really really liking the Pacific maps. Do we know something about the 'Invasion' game mode that was datamined/rumored?

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for private games.

Wake Island Conquest
Pacific Storm Conquest
Iwo Jima Breakthrough
Al Sudan Conquest
Al Sudan Breakthrough
Panzerstorm Conquest
Arras Conquest
Hamada Conquest
Mercury Conquest
Operation Underground Breakthrough

That would be my playlist. If possible I'd repeat Wake Island every two maps.

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to play this on two trials now, one for PS4, one for PC. Similarly, I also own BF1 on the PS4 & PC.

Firstly I find the shooting mechanics, bullet drop, and recoil a lot easier to handle on PC than BF1. I remember transitioning from PS4 to PC taking quite a few hours to get used to it, and suffering on the K/D side because of it. Here within two rounds I was doing really well compared to what I would have been capable of on BF1.
Visuals as ever are incredible. Even the on PS4 compared to its competition like MW's conquest-style mode, the image quality is clear, map sizes are of course huge, performance is solid, as I would have expected having played 1. PC of course remains my preferred choice though for the superior visual quality, once I'd played with the settings I had solid 60fps on a mix of ultra and high settings at 1080p, even though on games with smaller maps like Battlefront 2 there is stuttering and fps drops present.

So I would definitely get this on PC, however I managed to come across two cheaters during 5 hours of play time, and by Sunday night, when selecting the promoted new maps playlist, I was already being put into half full, or even emptier severs. Each of these would tempt me back to a console version. Anyway I'll wait on a sale during the coming months, or maybe until this hits Steam, and then decide on which version to get.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Can't wait for private games.

Wake Island Conquest
Pacific Storm Conquest
Iwo Jima Breakthrough
Al Sudan Conquest
Al Sudan Breakthrough
Panzerstorm Conquest
Arras Conquest
Hamada Conquest
Mercury Conquest
Operation Underground Breakthrough

That would be my playlist. If possible I'd repeat Wake Island every two maps.
I just select whatever map I like from the server browser.

Ice Trey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
TN, USA
Ya hate to see so many people be so incorrect. \s

BF 2142
BF 3 ≥ BF 4
BF V
BF Vietnam
BF BC2
BF 2
BF Hardline
BF 1942
BF BC
BF 1

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
I thought I'd try out the new maps, it I got that bug where you die and your ui disappears and you can't respawn. I promptly uninstalled out of frustration.

Come on Dice...
Did I do something wrong or is this bug seriously still happening?

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Origin Premier subscription is just about up. I'd consider picking up the actual game for maybe 15-20 bucks at this point on PC but looks like I could get it for $45 after the Premier discount? Lol nope. I do own it on Xbox as I grabbed it during one of their OMG Battlefield isn't selling sales but I don't feel like grinding those unlocks so I guess this is it for me and Battlefield for a while.

The game is in the vault so you could drop down to regular origin access

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Ranking goes...

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 5
Battlefield: Vietnam
Battlefield 2
Red Orchestra 2
Rising Storm 2
Battlefield 4
... 3
Battlefield 2142
Battlefield 1
Bad Company

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
We doing rankings of favorites now eh?

1.) Battlefield 3
2.) Battlefield 2
3.) Battlefield 1942
4.) Battlefield 5 (Pacific content just bumped this up above BF1)
5.) Battlefield 1
6.) Battlefield 4

Last edited:

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Little known fact: the japanese army lost the battle of Iwo Jima in part because the island was littered with tiny rocks that messed up their aim as they stepped on them during the american advance. Great attention to detail by DICE.