• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Iwo Jima is an incredible Breakthrough map, like it even is historically accurate as it was the D day of the Pacific, just amazing work Dice.
Can't say the same about Iwo Jima Conquest, the US troops are heavily disadvantaged due the spawning points. And generally there is no flow in Conquest on Iwo Jima sadly.

Pacific Storm is great in Conquest, but it needs more vehicles and most of all more planes.
Haven't tried it on Breakthrough.

BFV needs to buff planes, they are supposed to be strong and feared by the ground units. The inclusion of the Fliegerfaust is the biggest offender to all aircrafts, i get that it is fun to take easily down a plane, but it's totally unrealistic and frustrating for a pilot to die just because of a stupid gimmick what the FF is in the end.
Planes are a huge factor for the visual and aural spactacle that is Battlefield, so Dice make sure to balance things properly and make planes to that what they really deserve in a game about World War 2.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
I can't believe I'm still getting game-breaking bugs this far past release. Love dying and then being unable to respawn ever again. This game is utterly unfixable apparently.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the US team doesn't push with their armor at section 2 on Iwo Jima they lose every time.

I hate players who just tank snipe.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
The only problem I really see with the FF is that it should have been given to the support class. I've seen enough top scoreboard plane with 0 death since the FF release to not think it killed the plane balance/usefullness.

Even as a bad pilot I had far more death from better pilots who will kill you even at your own base, never seeing help from my team AA/FF, than death from the Fliegerfaust ( usually only get hit by 1 FF when doing a dangerous strafe, which leave me at ~15hp which I repair as I refill my bombs/rockets anyway ) .

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Spawn camping the carriers is the best way to level up planes.

You'll get a lot of salt though.

Feb 4, 2018
As someone who bounced off the game at release, I just finished a game of Breakthrough on Iwo Jima and had a blast doing it.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Spawn camping the carriers is the best way to level up planes.

You'll get a lot of salt though.
Tbh I think the inability to spawn there as an infantry to use a couple of AA canon is incredibly stupid.

I really like the spawn on airfield / carriers compared to the magical spawn in the sky, but while I think killing planes who takes off should be an option, it should also come with the ability to defend that space.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Are the bolt action rifles for the medic good? Or should i stick to the smgs?

The Jungle Carbine is great (newest ToW reward). The Commando Carbine and Tromboncino M28 are ok, useable, but not something I wouldn't rely on. Commando Carbine has some really weird accuracy. The M28 main selling point is the grenade launcher, but it takes forever to switch to and it doesn't do that much damage anyways. Personally, I would just use the ZK-383 for a longer range smg.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Separate maps for different modes worked out great in battlefront.....oh wait no it didn't. Battlefield should always be conquest focused and designed around that mode. I do love breakthrough on Iwo Jima but separate maps for different modes is a terrible idea. Maybe if the season pass was brought back and we actually got more maps in a timely manner. However with free content and the rate of maps released so far, we would have gotten like 2-3 more conquest maps since launch and that would be unacceptable.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah right? The new tabks aren't even doing any damage on range. It's so infuriating.
Or you and your squad does all of the heavy lifting, calling in artillery and rockets, while the idiot blueberries don't push or can't defend worth a damn.

I just went 55 and 9 attacking on IJ and we lost at the third objective because the rest of my team suddenly became idiots.

Oct 27, 2017
The base planes are garbage, but once the upgrades start to roll in they become good again. This is the 4x 20mm HE and it's only the level two upgrade. Not my video, but it gives you an idea of how powerful they are. You just have to suffer for the first few levels.

The game is different: 0 level planes/tanks on day one was a much different scenario.

Now a piece of shit, double anti-vehicle upgraded Japanese tank sinks boats/tanks at least twice as fast.
Planes are also no longer tossing couple of grenades once every minute, but have a reasonable shot at killing vehicles and clearing infantry.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Maps need to be designed for conquest. There should be at least 10 great conquest maps at launch. They should also be scalable for breakthrough.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
The game is different: 0 level planes/tanks on day one was a much different scenario.

Now a piece of shit, double anti-vehicle upgraded Japanese tank sinks boats/tanks at least twice as fast.
Planes are also no longer tossing couple of grenades once every minute, but have a reasonable shot at killing vehicles and clearing infantry.
To this day I still don't understand why they insist on making weapon & vehicle unlock, upgrades, with no downsides.
It's one thing to make us grind to allow us to specialize a weapon or a vehicle, it's another to make grind upgrades while at a disavantage against people who already did.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Separate maps for different modes worked out great in battlefront.....oh wait no it didn't. Battlefield should always be conquest focused and designed around that mode. I do love breakthrough on Iwo Jima but separate maps for different modes is a terrible idea. Maybe if the season pass was brought back and we actually got more maps in a timely manner. However with free content and the rate of maps released so far, we would have gotten like 2-3 more conquest maps since launch and that would be unacceptable.
👍🏾👍🏾 Agree 100%

Oct 27, 2017
To this day I still don't understand why they insist on making weapon & vehicle unlock, upgrades, with no downsides.
It's one thing to make us grind to allow us to specialize a weapon or a vehicle, it's another to make grind upgrades while at a disavantage against people who already did.

I think planes and weapons are different teams.

Weapons are easily to level, and the upgrades are never double damage or double rate of fire. Most of the upgrades are tailor to playstyle: hipfire, iron sight moving, iron sight still, bipod stability, magazine size etc. It is a small inconvenience, tolerable.

I used to play planes in BF1, wasn't very good, but got an odd kill as a dogfighter or even a vehicle dive-bomb with the bomber. I have no interest playing BFV planes, I have like rank 2 on both Axis and Allies fighters, everything else is 0 despite me trying those planes. Most people will never play planes because you get the useless double-mg fighter pitted against quad MG, bonus cannon, titanium armor super speed boost pilots.

Fuck off DICE. Why are weapon upgrades +15% less recoil, and plane upgrades double bomb blast radius or double the firepower.

Oct 27, 2017

Weapons are easily to level, and the upgrades are never double damage or double rate of fire. Most of the upgrades are tailor to playstyle: hipfire, iron sight moving, iron sight still, bipod stability, magazine size etc. It is a small inconvenience, tolerable.

I used to play planes in BF1, wasn't very good, but got an odd kill as a dogfighter or even a vehicle dive-bomb with the bomber. I have no interest playing BFV planes, I have like rank 2 on both Axis and Allies fighters, everything else is 0 despite me trying those planes. Most people will never play planes because you get the useless double-mg fighter pitted against quad MG, bonus cannon, titanium armor super speed boost pilots.

Fuck off DICE. Why are weapon upgrades +15% less recoil, and plane upgrades double bomb blast radius or double the firepower.

Planes had this problem since BF3. BF4 somewhat corrected it but ever since planes start out like shit and I don't know who thought this was ok. They even get slammed doubly in BF5 with the stupid reload time. I wish they would just axe it. Flying to the end of the map to reload 2 bombs is already punishment enough.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Oh absolutely, I'm just saying the whole thing is stupid, even if the result is far more disastrous for planes than it is for the infantry.

Heck I've mostly been playing planes since the pacific release, probably doubling my play time in planes, because I try to prevent myself from suffering from that shity decision from dice in the future. If I ever want to play a plane on those map and not instantly die to someone already lvl 6 with them while I would still be with the strating weapon, speed, maneuvrability etc.

And since I'm a shity pilot it takes sooooo much time because ennemy pilots will hunt you down like nobody's business, there is sadly little to no place to hide in the sky...

Oct 27, 2017
The rocket tanks should not be available on the last section of Iwo Jima.

Phew phew phew phew phew phew

Yeah those tanks are stupid good. They carry no drawbacks, even the RoF on the rocket salvos is spamable unlike Sturmtiger. Speed is there too. They should not have the main-cannon: rockets + MG is enough.

But speaking about call-ins and Iwo Jima: you kind of one need well-placed nuke to win the last point. Absolutely nothing can save Japanese from the rocket strike.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Same fucking guy that was cheating yesterday. LOL

sameguy.png

I fucking give up. Going to go play some MW. Fuck this.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I feel really bad for the PC players. The game is turning fantastic on consoles and PC, where Battlefield originated, is beset with cheaters.

Oct 27, 2017
Those cheaters make the game unplayable for opponents, and super boring for the allies. No, I don't want to play the game where the enemies die further than I can see them... We did the fortification weekly challenge in one of the games with one cheater on our team, made the best out of the terrible situation.

Though... recruited one person to buy the game :)

source.gif

Skade

Oct 28, 2017

Muh ? Iwo Jima and Pacific Storm are available on Conquest too. It's just that Dice wanted us to try Breaktrough first.

There's a playlist for those maps on Conquest if you want, it's just not linked to the ToW screen (it will next week i think).

And anyway, Conquest sucks, BT is a much better mode. :p

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait for private servers, it will be a game changer for sure. Don't have to wait EA's anti cheat or what garbage they are using. Admins can just ban their ass right then and there.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
During BT Iwo Jima, someone stole my tank while I was outside repairing it. Dude proceeded to just stay in the back and take pot shots when I was actually pushing with it.

Bruh, I was so annoyed.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I agree. I only play conquest, nothing else.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
The Jungle Carbine is good, really good. It's easily the best rifle for the Medic now. It's a two shot kill (one shot headshot) out to around 100m then it becomes three shot, so it has excellent damage dropoff. However, it's accuracy is insanely good. Moving, hipfire, or stationary it doesn't matter. Plus it has 10 rounds, so it just shits on all the other bolt carbines.
Is there a website to look at progression? I don't think I have that one, and I'm still sporting the Zeke383.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
This update is great, but it's becoming extremely clear this will only be a temporary reinnaissance without meaningful anti-cheat and nerfs to aircraft.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Just unlocked incendiary bombs, first ( and only atm ) round with it :

1572730164-battlefield-v-screenshot-2019-11-02-22-16-50-47-copy.png

So... yeah safe to say I still really don't feel bad for pilots just because infantry now has the Fliegerfaust. ^^"

edit : and that still wasn't enough to get that plane to lvl 6 -_-"

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
In my view, the Corsair and Zero are balanced. Sure, they can dish out a lot of damage, but they are squishy. You get hit once by the FF or AA 40mm and you're already at less than half health and probably engine or wing damage. You immediately need to use the insta repair. One or two more hits and you are fucked. The main issues were the planes in the base game. They can literally just flight straight into AA, drop bombs and just fly away like it's nothing, you can't do that in the Pacific.

These planes have a good risk and reward type of gameplay. You see a juicy strafing run, but chances are some of the players are going to be waiting for you, so you decide to just do some high altitude less accurate attacks. It's about risk assessment and knowing when to pounce.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Played some of the trials.

Boy, my battlefield skills are rusty among all this chaos, haven't touched a BF proper since 4.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Did I read that right? You want to nerf planes after they already got a big slap with AA buffs and the Fliegerfaust?
Yeah, I still feel the bombers and such of the base game are too strong. The AA buffs and Flieg are a step in the right direction, but they make taking down planes easier, not reducing their ludicrously high kill potential. When it takes a lot more effort to get absurdly high KD ratios solely with planes, I'll be satisfied. Right now, they're still very strong, but there's viable counters. If the viable counters are going to be toned down, the planes need to be toned down in turn, seeing as they're still ridiculously powerful.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I still feel the bombers and such of the base game are too strong. The AA buffs and Flieg are a step in the right direction, but they make taking down planes easier, not reducing their ludicrously high kill potential. When it takes a lot more effort to get absurdly high KD ratios solely with planes, I'll be satisfied. Right now, they're still very strong, but there's viable counters. If the viable counters are going to be toned down, the planes need to be toned down in turn, seeing as they're still ridiculously powerful.

But theyre only powerful if you have the specializations, which are almost impossible to get with a lvl 1 plane now.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Are the bolt action rifles for the medic good? Or should i stick to the smgs?
They're great and absolutely competitive. It's much more of a challange than SMGs though if you can hit heads you can potentially be very efficient. If you can get ~35% accuracy and use the 2x scope it's viable in close quarters as well.