• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Loving the new content, but still running into the same BS since launch. Tagged a plane for 120 damage and it kept on flying. Instant full health to death in one shot by long range guns that weren't snipers. Getting shot after running behind cover.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah, the post game stats screen goes away too quickly in the larger modes. Funnily enough after a TDM match it stays up much longer.

Anyone have some CQ impressions on the new maps? Didn't get the chance to play a game.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
With this update, Battlefield V is inching closer and closer to overtaking Battlefield 4 in my eyes as the best Battlefield has ever been.

It's not quite there, but hell if it's not an amazing foundation for greatness.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Yeah, the post game stats screen goes away too quickly in the larger modes. Funnily enough after a TDM match it stays up much longer.

Anyone have some CQ impressions on the new maps? Didn't get the chance to play a game.

Not sure if there has been a design change on the first, will follow up.

Special Pacific Conquest experience will be available during week 2. This week we wanted to focus on Breakthrough.

Oct 27, 2017
But it was 120 with the launcher, so a single shot. Shouldn't that be too instant to use the quick repair?

If you talking about Fliegerfaust, those tend to do some bonus points for wing damage etc.

I think it is much more likely that you either got the bonus points, or the pilot repaired. I have been sniping planes, and in most cases, successful Fliegerfaust shots do 90 real damage + bonus points. Sometimes if the plane is at point blank, I think you can do more?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Since people have been asking about it. A Pacific Conquest map rotation called Heat of the Battle will start being available at 13:00 Stockholm time. :) Have at it!

Oct 27, 2017
The more I think about it the more I want the battle of Midway as a planes only mode where one team has to sink enemy AI ships while the other team has to defend them.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Why is the 2x scope for the Garand only available in either Mint version (which requires you to level it up to 10 and then complete a probably seriously annoying assignment) and the Art Deco version (yours for 30 dollars)? I thought all scopes were supposed to be available at all times.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Why is the 2x scope for the Garand only available in either Mint version (which requires you to level it up to 10 and then complete a probably seriously annoying assignment) and the Art Deco version (yours for 30 dollars)? I thought all scopes were supposed to be available at all times.

Being worked on. :)

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Can Pacific Storm Conquest designer work on every single map in the game please ? regardless of how much I would prefer more use for boat in it, it at least really feel like a battlefield conquest map. Infantry and vehicule play, good static weapons, flags with tanks, proper cover.
I'd trade marita + mercury + underground + aerodrome + fjell for a map of that quality ( to be fair I fully intend to no longer play said maps once private server are a go ).

smashkirby

Oct 25, 2017
It's real nice they can tweak breakthrough without a patch. Gonna give that another shot.

Played conquest on both maps.. Iwo Jima is weird, it's like Harmada with flags way out from either base but seemingly much easier to defend.
It's not bad due to evevation and makes me wish Harmada was as elevated as this. It's just too flat sometimes.

Pacific Storm though... completely a keeper. Has good middle flags to fight over yet having easy backcaps due to flags that are close to base are near shorelines.
I'm glad the actual storm triggers every match. I always think it's dumb how they have these amazing sandstorm/snowstorm effects yet you'll rarely see them.

The key design is that the map is pretty straight yet there's easy flanks around the areas so it never feels once you shoot, 5 guys are on you. You can take your shot and then move within the brush to ambush.
It does crack me up through when someone shoots at a squad and then you just hear 6 Garand's pop off at the guy. Brings a tear to my eye.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering about that too. Glad they're on it already.

Oct 27, 2017
US swimming tank spec's are not optimal.
If you select dual MGs, there is one spec-line which becomes completely obsolete.

It is weird, the dual-MG option should be among: howitzer and longer-barrel. Right now, if you want anti-air turret, you have to select howitzer/longer barrel/AP shells before, and then replace it with the anti-air MGs.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific storm BT first sector needs alot of balancing tho. Attacking is way to hard there and your in a disadvantage everywhere.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Don't want to start an argument...but sort of am...shouldn't this thread have got moved back to gaming side for awhile? The Destiny threads do it for the annual updates and it makes perfect sense IMHO.

Move it across for 2-3 weeks for the launch then send it back to hangouts.

Same might apply to Fortnite or Apex or any other games with infrequent but big updates?

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Don't want to start an argument...but sort of am...shouldn't this thread have got moved back to gaming side for awhile? The Destiny threads do it for the annual updates and it makes perfect sense IMHO.

Same might apply to Fortnite or Apex or any other games with infrequent but big updates?
2Bee

since I think you check out the thread often..ish?

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Playing these maps in Conquest is so much better, lots of room to breathe.

smashkirby

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, the hell?
02d1472730.png

Getting all the stuff from the Year 1 bundle for free? (I'm on Origin Premire)

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Ok so :

4 rounds of Pacific Storm Breakthrough. The last two sectors are great, the other ones, not so much. It's a cool map and the storm is great.

2 Rounds in Iwo Jima Breakthrough. Attack is a fantastic clusterfuck. Had the time of my week charging into the fray with the tommy and the battle on the mountain was delightfully hectic (good points for the tunnels as well). Defense... Well... Can't really say, we didn't allow the attack to get more than one sector. Took quite some time to grind through their tickets.

Other than the lack of heads, i'm quite happy with this update.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I had a lot of fun playing these maps yesterday. I didn't do this before but with the addition of more factions, I changed everyone's loadouts into something they actually used in service. There are some discrepancies such as lacking a Japanese pistol which unlocks further down the Chapter 5 reward tier. It's nice having the factions play uniquely with this restriction even if I'm hindering myself not always using BiS.

I haven't bought any skins in this game yet, but I will this go round as I want to support good content. I will likely wait for the Pacific Elites, whenever they come out. On Elites, I wish they were restricted to their proper theater.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I had a lot of fun playing these maps yesterday. I didn't do this before but with the addition of more factions, I changed everyone's loadouts into something they actually used in service. There are some discrepancies such as lacking a Japanese pistol which unlocks further down the Chapter 5 reward tier. It's nice having the factions play uniquely with this restriction even if I'm hindering myself not always using BiS.

I haven't bought any skins in this game yet, but I will this go round as I want to support good content. I will likely wait for the Pacific Elites, whenever they come out. On Elites, I wish they were restricted to their proper theater.
Lol I do the same with using specific faction weapons when I am that team.

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific storm BT first sector needs alot of balancing tho. Attacking is way to hard there and your in a disadvantage everywhere.

If all games started with the Storm, the initial deployment to the beach would be easier. Instead, if good people are manning the T 100 cannons, they make short work of the landing vehicles.

However, I got like 10 hours playing Pacific, and it seems like the initial phase is usually successful to some degree.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Seems like a reasonable request ;)

neurophd

Jan 9, 2018
Fired this up for the free weekend and I am really enjoying. Is $20 for digital deluxe version a good price?

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Fired this up for the free weekend and I am really enjoying. Is $20 for digital deluxe version a good price?
I have no idea what comes with the deluxe version but anything you'd get is likely either cosmetics that you don't really need or stuff you can unlock naturally through progression so if there's a cheaper version that should suffice. That said, I think $20 for this game is a bargain. It's had it's issues but it's still a fantastic game

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone needs to play this. Pacific content is what we have been waiting for and it is absolutely fun and I can't wait for more. BFV is finally where it should be.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This is the most I have enjoyed Battlefield for a long ass time, but only two new maps is going to get old quick!

Oct 27, 2017
Played both maps on breakthrough which is my favorite game type and it has a lot of those amazing battlefield vibes I got a lot from battlefield 1.
Attacking on Iwo Jima was by far the best. Storming the beach then going through basically no man land/a big area of black sand to the next objective is hard as hell but super rewarding to do.

I do feel like the m1 garand is super strong right now it's beating me in fights I know I get the drop on people. Possibly due to headshots but a m1 should not beat a mp40 in like a five meter fight.

Oct 27, 2017
Breakthrough on these maps is simply amazing! So. much. fun. Reminded me of bad company 2 somewhat, not sure why.
Also thank fucking god for the audio fixes, finaly!

Just imagine that this was release content, would have been so much better.
I really hope this is a turning point for DICE and we keep getting amazing content for bfv.

Also loving the Garand and type 100 smg!

Great job DICE!

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the forum move, didn't notice there was a new thread otherwise.

Pacific update is amazing. Can't wait to get into some Conquest tonight. I actually bought some boins for the first time because I'm enjoying the new update so much. Might get an elite or two. The garand feels perfect.