• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

smashkirby

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest sound improvement is when you're in a house and the enemy is upstairs running around. Before it would sound like an equal sound but even with two people running around I can pick up where they are.

Oct 27, 2017
Yo Hamada is still shit, but I least I get to kill planes with the Fliegerfaust now :) Same for Al Soondan.

I finally realized why the map is so bad. Hamada is the type of map where everything is going to target you from everywhere: planes, tanks, long range, close range. This is why it is such a frustrating map: I simply die because things just kill me with absolutely no counterplay or chance of escaping.

New splash-screen isn't Jimmy Carr, it is Adam:
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Hamada is one of my favorite conquest map. I still don't understand the hate about it... If you are a target from everywhere, then you are clearly not using the best routes to stay alive. I absolutely don't see in hamada anything different from twisted steel, panzerstorm, al sundan or any large CQ map.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Same. I'm mainly 70% infantry (all roles) and 30% tanks and Hamada is really fun. Yes, even D from time to time can be fun...

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I love Hamada in Airborne and it's ok in Breakthrough.

As for Conquest, i don't really have any problem with it apart the fact that i don't like the mode but the map isn't feeling any worse than the others.

(infantry player btw, obviously)

Zareth

Oct 25, 2017
The only map I truly loath when it comes up in Aerodrome Conquest. All edge of map snipers and tankers can get really annoying.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Nerf the Fliegerfaust and buff planes across the board.
Hamada is great. All the big maps are good in BFV.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some BF YouTubers are confirming that Wake Island Conquest is the Conquest Assault version with the US attacking from a base and the Japanese defending the island without a base but holding all of the flags.

I wonder if they will end up changing it like they did Hamada?

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
The worst map is Mercury especially breakthrough that first sector is just pray you don't get sniped from either attackers in the hills or defenders from the other hills

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone playing on Xbox? how is the player base? Healthy?

thinking about reading in my Pro for a One X and then going Xbox next gen. Really wish there was crossplay :(

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
The chapter starts with Island Advance, which is a weekly experience of Breakthrough on Iwo Jima and Pacific Storm, 2 rounds on each map to allow side switching before moving to the next map.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Yo Hamada is still shit, but I least I get to kill planes with the Fliegerfaust now :) Same for Al Soondan.

I finally realized why the map is so bad. Hamada is the type of map where everything is going to target you from everywhere: planes, tanks, long range, close range. This is why it is such a frustrating map: I simply die because things just kill me with absolutely no counterplay or chance of escaping.

New splash-screen isn't Jimmy Carr, it is Adam:
Hamada is one of the better maps for infantry cover! Roads between objectives are walled and there are deep trenches everywhere. Not to mention the ruins. If you have no control over your engagements on Hamada then you're not planning well enough!

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully we get more remakes as time goes on. I'd love to see a remake of Guadalcanal rather than a strictly new map like Iwo Jima.

Zareth

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the Garand with the upgraded bullet damage is sick. I love getting the 2 shot kills with a headshot and body shot. Very satisfying.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it not possible to have different weapons set for each faction? I could have sworn this was a thing at some point, but now, every time I change my primary it changes across all factions.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully we get more remakes as time goes on. I'd love to see a remake of Guadalcanal rather than a strictly new map like Iwo Jima.
I'd like to see some classic maps from 2142, re-imagined in the style of "classic remakes" like Operation: Underground and Pacific Storm. Suez Canal, Bridge at Remagen, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
I will try to get a few schucks into the game with the Pacific Update, but unsure if they will stick around.

I have started to play the game more, so perhaps someone will need a toxic teammate in a few days.

<- Europeasant

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone make a thread about the BFV free weekend Nov 1-4 so people on the fence or who sold a while ago can try the Pacific out.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Just looking at Westie's Raw gameplay and my god it really looks amazing. The sound of guns, the shouting, the artillery, the smoke barrage, the vehicles, the flamethrower, and then some idiot running around with a katana

Really hope Wake Island isn't the last of this game, it is just getting good

Hope EA re-markets the game or something, I want a Siege styled revival.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I'm going to have to wait until 6pm here in Seoul. Dang.

Anyone interested in grouping up? I play on the PS4, and on the Asia servers, but honestly, I'd be happy to play on the North American servers, and deal with a ping of 100. The Asia servers are brutal. So many groups of sharks that just decimate everything in their path. I've found the NA servers to be a lot more friendly to average players like myself.

If you're interested, add me @ matteroffactSH

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Can't get into a game today either. It's not the internet, something happens. Either I get a crash to desktop or I get an infinite loading screen. I'm repairing the game to check if that fixes it

EDIT: So now it's downloading an extra 1.5 gb of data (the game was patched yesterday)

Last edited:

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Got the game reinstalled, ready to roll for tomorrow. Haven't played since March, seems the ranks have been changed since I was away? Was max rank (I think), now I'm 9?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Repairing the game did the trick. Seems that the update fucked something.

Good patch, the game feels better. M1 Garand is pretty satisfying to use

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
how could they fucked the controller mapping in the last patch ??? I spend 30 minutes to be able to re arrange the mapping as it was before, and needed to setup a custom mapping just to find something like the "classic" one which was perfectly fine.