• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
What's up with the Fliegerfaust? The community event finished but it says I have to complete a special assignment to get it. It's greyed out and no way to equip it. There's also no option for an assignment

Check your armory, it should be there. I didn't contribute at all and it was there for me.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the great moments of the year was when all the battlefield YouTuber told us that ground war was going to be the next battlefield

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game ran fine on my PC, but I do have a 2080 Ti and an 8700k overclocked, my problem were the random bugs like only one side getting filled up for most of a match while the other had 5-10 people, and most of all the cheaters/hackers.

Actually excited to try it on my PS4 Pro.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, the game on PC is running fine at 80+ fps most of the time with a 1080ti. I'm just not trying to run it on ultra. The perfs are not stellar but they are not bad either. There's just the stutters from time to time because of assignments completing.

As for the cheaters, maybe it's because i play on european servers (or maybe because i never play Conquest by my own volition ?) but i really don't see much of them or at all. I've seen 3 for sure and maybe 10 highly suspect individuals in almost a year of playing the game. That's it.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I like it on Conquest, but the players can kill it. Recons popping flares and dropping spawn beacons makes a big difference, but it's easy to have a lot of guys in a bush with a bolt action fixed to their face. Someone dropping an ammo crate at D is too important as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Planes' exit animations are still ass.

Too long, and sometimes you just die the second you detach from the plane (nobody kills you, you just die instantly in the air)

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Had a lot of fun playing Grand Operations. While far from perfect, I really enjoy that mode and I wish DICE improves and adds new Operations.

The Hannut GO is by far the best one. Night Panzerstorm, then BT Panzerstorm with the epic rolling of tanks and Paks shooting, then the only way to Play Rush lol

I also think that the Holland one is pretty fun too. Norway is ok, while the France one is meh and the Africa one is ok too

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
Had a lot of fun playing Grand Operations. While far from perfect, I really enjoy that mode and I wish DICE improves and adds new Operations.

The Hannut GO is by far the best one. Night Panzerstorm, then BT Panzerstorm with the epic rolling of tanks and Paks shooting, then the only way to Play Rush lol

I also think that the Holland one is pretty fun too. Norway is ok, while the France one is meh and the Africa one is ok too

Grand ops is the best - you get a mix of game modes that break the monotony of conquest alone

Oct 27, 2017
To this day I don't get why they didn't go back to the wave based approach of BF1 where the attackers come back stronger with each loss but instead the first 2 rounds of an operation don't matter at all.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
To this day I don't get why they didn't go back to the wave based approach of BF1 where the attackers come back stronger with each loss but instead the first 2 rounds of an operation don't matter at all.

I think that the idea behind Grand Ops suits better a WW2 themed game. WW1 had more breakthourgh like-operations so the wave's are accurate (how many millions of people were just thrown to the meatgrinder of artillery and machineguns, it was disgusting).

But it should be improved. Results of Day 1 and Day 2 hardly matter.

Oct 27, 2017
I think that the idea behind Grand Ops suits better a WW2 themed game. WW1 had more breakthourgh like-operations so the wave's are accurate (how many millions of people were just thrown to the meatgrinder of artillery and machineguns, it was disgusting).

But it should be improved. Results of Day 1 and Day 2 hardly matter.

And Day 4 is probably in less than 10% of the games.

The most interesting and exciting part of GO is the one which almost never happens. You have to play for like one hour to even get there, and the conditions for triggering it are rare... It should be two rounds: if both teams win, then Last Stand Happens.

giphy.gif

GO is trash: CQ for overall warfare, BT for meatgrinder, Rush for more tactical rounds.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I dont get it either. Operations in BF1 was amazing. This whole weird bomb planting stuff and CQ in the middle of some Operations, conquest is so lame. Abd then you win but you still lose. The narrative of the story is confusing also. Even after 200 hours lol.
Operations in BF1 was amazing. Atleast BT in BFV comes abit close to it. But still nothing like BF1.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Planes are in a terrible place, aren't they? And now with AA being improved? Yikes.

Also, I don't see any mention of changes/fixes to Firestorm. Very disappointed in that but I suppose I'm in the minority on that one. At least fix the ammo box/equipment glitch FFS

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Planes are in a terrible place, aren't they? And now with AA being improved? Yikes.

Also, I don't see any mention of changes/fixes to Firestorm. Very disappointed in that but I suppose I'm in the minority on that one. At least fix the ammo box/equipment glitch FFS
Planes terrible place? Planes can now hopefully not go 100-0 anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
AAs not being decoration now is awesome, but I was hoping for a general rebalance of planes. Leveling them up from zero will be nigh impossible now.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Balance between planes might be utter wack ( and the unlock making planes 100% better makes becoming a better pilote a frutrating experience ), but overall planes were in an amazing ( OP as fuck ) place for months and months now. They were obliterating every form of AA in the game, the only counter to planes, were better planes.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
really curious to see if the changes in audio make things better. The inconsistancy of audio on X could be really problematic in some situations... Wonder if this time we will be able to hear a tank coming from behind or if it will still be dead silent most of the time.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
AAs not being decoration now is awesome, but I was hoping for a general rebalance of planes. Leveling them up from zero will be nigh impossible now.
Exactly. I rarely use planes and have zero reason to, honestly, because they are very difficult to level up. Are there any up to date guides on planes that anyone knows of? Youtube videos maybe?

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bummer we're not getting Wake Island right now as well because then the Pacific itself would have more maps than MW's Ground War.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I am in the camp of fuck-planes.

The anti-air gun is nice, but it is pretty much against those pilots who dive or fly low. Plus there is only one map where you can carry it without penalties: you lose so much without faust in the vehicle maps.

Anti-air tanks or flak cannons are ineffective. A bomber can one-shot you tanking full damage from your cannon, and fly away for repairs. None of the upgrades make anti-air tanks deadly enough to beat bombers 1vs1.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This and the Japanese elite look great. Way better then the other ones imo. Wich are to over the top. These seems more grounded

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm liking what I am reading from this update. Hope everything goes smooth. I've been playing other games (damn you WoW Classic) but keeping an eye on this one. Battlefield just scratches an itch that other games don't.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The air combat in this game is easily the worst in the series. Air to air combat is a joke and planes terrorize ground forces with little retaliation.

The Pacific only has two aircraft because I'm sure they just said fuck it, we don't know how to balance it, so let's just do the bare minimum.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
The air combat in this game is easily the worst in the series. Air to air combat is a joke and planes terrorize ground forces with little retaliation.

The Pacific only has two aircraft because I'm sure they just said fuck it, we don't know how to balance it, so let's just do the bare minimum.
Yet there is already official talks about a FF nerf, with not even a week of use, based on it's current peak usage ( brand new toy ) and lack of time to see pilots adapt to it.
Months and months and months of total air domination was not a problem thought.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Finally rebought BFV while on sale for XB1X (previously had it on PS4, but traded it in). I can def tell they've made some gains in polish for sure. Greatly appreciate that medic legit feels viable again and like a valuable asset to the team now.... even if one does constantly get mowed down by Assault rushers. Still nice seeing I can land in the top 10 of a match, with barely any kills :)
I've been playing medic since 1942 and I don't ever intend to change dammit!

Anyway, real talk, are folks still playing BF1 decently? I'd honestly wouldn't mind going back in forth between the two for the rest of the year.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yet there is already official talks about a FF nerf, with not even a week of use, based on it's current peak usage ( brand new toy ) and lack of time to see pilots adapt to it.
Months and months and months of total air domination was not a problem thought.

FF is fine imo. Everyone is using it, which is why it feels so strong atm. Players will get bored of it and go back to their original loadouts. It doesn't do damage against vehicles and the damage against infantry isn't even worth using (it's like 44 damage if you hit everything, so you can't even take out a player in two salvos).

Honestly, it's not even worth using. Yeah, you might get killed by a plane here and there, but chances are high you'll just get revived anyways. So, they are little more than an annoyance. Fjell and maybe Mercury are the only maps I would consider using it, other than that you give up too much just to shoot down a plane that might kill you a few times in a match.

Oct 29, 2017
Finally rebought BFV while on sale for XB1X (previously had it on PS4, but traded it in). I can def tell they've made some gains in polish for sure. Greatly appreciate that medic legit feels viable again and like a valuable asset to the team now.... even if one does constantly get mowed down by Assault rushers. Still nice seeing I can land in the top 10 of a match, with barely any kills :)

Anyway, real talk, are folks still playing BF1 decently? I'd honestly wouldn't mind going back in forth between the two for the rest of the year.

Battlefield on console is always populated. Over the past few months I've played BF3 on 360 and 4, 1 and V on PS4 and never had a problem finding games

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017

Anyway, real talk, are folks still playing BF1
decently? I'd honestly wouldn't mind going back in forth between the two for the rest of the year.

Me! Pretty much almost every day :p

Operations is my way to go when want some quick fun. The whole immersion and feeling that make me think i'm in a middle of a real war.. love it! and a word for the best sound combo: Martini and Kill sounds is my drug 😂

Weeks ago we got a week rotation of war pidgeon, supply drop and was great fun in both weeks. I wish have more people playing it.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We got it pretty good in BFV being able to do four assignments at once. Modern Warfare has it so you can literally only do one at a time.

It's horrible grindy shit. MW really makes me appreciate how damn good BFV is despite the dumb shit we complain about.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always felt that planes were always the weakest part of the battlefield system. There's always a disconnect with them

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I always felt that planes were always the weakest part of the battlefield system. There's always a disconnect with them
I felt aerial combat was more fun and rewarding when transport choppers and attack helicopters were the threats you had to worry about overhead. Planes don't feel like a part of the battlefield, they feel like a separate element that occasionally comes in to fuck the infantry and ground vehicles over.