• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
They really should do some D-Day themed maps at the least.
They can reuse a lot of assets and if they let the release coincide with actual D-Day, it's plenty of time to make a couple of D-Day maps and maybe one or two (Italy/Eastern front/Ardennes) in between.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
They probably will add D-Day maps at some point. Seems only logical.

They could have done so with just the Brits (Gold, Juno, Sword) but with muricans now in the mix, the community will get even more vocal about it as time passes.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
There's a bit of an outcry on reddit (as always) since we'll apparently be able to use the new Pacific elites on the old maps and use the old elites on the pacific maps.

I can understand why people would be pissed off but... The elites already look more like mercenaries than anything so... I see no issue personnally.

If i can't use Ilse or Hannah, ok, if i can, i'll probably use at least Hannah.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
There's a bit of an outcry on reddit (as always) since we'll apparently be able to use the new Pacific elites on the old maps and use the old elites on the pacific maps.

I can understand why people would be pissed off but... The elites already look more like mercenaries than anything so... I see no issue personnally.

If i can't use Ilse or Hannah, ok, if i can, i'll probably use at least Hannah.
It was to be expected, for the same reason we sadly don't have an ability to disable cosmetics on any ( or at least most ) games, even if that option would allow people who want's it, better immersion and/or clarity. But it would mean people who spend money on those cosmetics would feel they get less out of it, and they are the people those company will care the most about.

That's really why I think it would have been better to got for an alternative world of the like of Iron harvest etc, they could have gone crazy with the cosmetics ( like they clearly want to, to make people spend money on it ) without breaking immersion.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
It was to be expected, for the same reason we sadly don't have an ability to disable cosmetics on any ( or at least most ) games, even if that option would allow people who want's it, better immersion and/or clarity. But it would mean people who spend money on those cosmetics would feel they get less out of it, and they are the people those company will care the most about.

That's really why I think it would have been better to got for an alternative world of the like of Iron harvest etc, they could have gone crazy with the cosmetics ( like they clearly want to, to make people spend money on it ) without breaking immersion.
So much this. I think they could have made players excited for cosmetics with something like that.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer has already 1m views i see.

Edit: They should have gone with this imo

johannes-palmblx-bfv-johannespalmblx-14.jpg

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
The trailer has already 1m views i see.

Edit: They should have gone with this imo

johannes-palmblx-bfv-johannespalmblx-14.jpg

Well... They kinda have. We don't have anything of the third character nor do we have the cap on the second. But we have uniforms of the first and second.

The first was an epic skin released along Operation Underground (that i'm using on my medic) and the second is a variation on the resistance outfits we've had since around may i believe.

And even on the third, i'm sure we can make something similar enough with what is already available.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Well... They kinda have. We don't have anything of the third character nor do we have the cap on the second. But we have uniforms of the first and second.

The first was an epic skin released along Operation Underground (that i'm using on my medic) and the second is a variation on the resistance outfits we've had since around may i believe.
True. Maybe its the style of the artwork that gets me tho.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I liked the trailer. That weekend is a long weekend, so I'll play it a lot. This game has helped me a lot to relief pressure this days.

About the Elites, yeah I don't think it's a very good idea right now, but you also paid for them. So if I paid for them, I would want to use them

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I like the trailer. The pacific map gives me Helgoland vibes with the sharp hills for plane action. I hope this is not their "replacement" for D-day maps.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Have they added any pistols to the game since launch?

Also, how does the PIAT work? Can't seem to aim it properly.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have they added any pistols to the game since launch?

Also, how does the PIAT work? Can't seem to aim it properly.

The PIAT's projectile fires in an arch, so you have to aim above your target.
Once you've got the hang of it, it's one of the best gadgets.
It also has a marker on the minimap to help you aim the arc. It works best on the same elevation you are, but you can adjust for it.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Excited for this. I just wish in the trailers they would use the theme. It's the best theme in gaming (imo) and I get so hyped hearing it but they never use it. Their composers nailed reworking it for different games too.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Am I the only crazy person who plays BF with canon weapons with what side you fighting as. I always done it so UK weapons for Brits and no other country weapons. I know some are better then others but can't help it it ingrained into my body like reloading after a kill

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only crazy person who plays BF with canon weapons with what side you fighting as. I always done it so UK weapons for Brits and no other country weapons. I know some are better then others but can't help it it ingrained into my body like reloading after a kill

You're pretty much alone I guess. :D Also it's not that far-fetched or immersion-breaking to assume someone looted a gun from the enemy side. The german weapons were most of the time superior in real life after all.

Oct 27, 2017
DICE PLEASE, ADD HAIRSTYLES AS A HELMET. I WANT FASHION... Just make 15 hair presets in the helm slot... And the tank top/bare-chest body option too.

I will help, I could groom and generate hair cards with Houdini.

Also, I am tired of my Rank 0-1 collection of planes. I am no good, but how am I even supposed to get good when plane upgrades are like doubling the machine guns, adding missiles and cannons. THIS IS BULLSHIT, none other upgrades are even close to the power levels of plane upgrades.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope with the next patch they finally fix their wonky performance. Playing this back to back with Modern Warfare makes it look really bad. And in Modern Warfare I can even activate RTX without my 2070 even breaking a sweat.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Hopefully we get new grand operations map with different objectives for start instead of para drop then blow up artillery. Man Grand Operations such a wasted idea

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

I often do it, but sometimes I say fuck it and use the tommy gun with the axis

The Trench Carbine is also really good so I use it on both sides

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
How do you get weapons that you missed from prior battlefests?

If I buy the skins for weapons I don't have from the armory do I get the weapon too?