• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, game is in a decent spot (on PS4 in North America and playing Conquest). Had a game on Aerodromes yesterday where I went 54-4 mostly in a tank. Was a lot of fun.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Got massive expectations for the Pacific theatre content! The game is in a good and fun state now imo and this should be the shot in the arm the game needs.
Good luck to the DICE devs, hopefully they can crank out something special here.

manunkindh

Jun 7, 2018
I have 2 questions as I have not played the game since the beta: can all classes spot players now and is there still a shortage of ammo?

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
I have 2 questions as I have not played the game since the beta: can all classes spot players now and is there still a shortage of ammo?
The only class that can directly spot enemies is the Recon with spotting flares or spotting scope. I think some of the tanks and planes can spot enemies too but not really 100% sure on that...

I rarely have issues with ammo. You can find ammo crates everywhere (or just build one yourself). You can also manually grab ammo from Support players and they don't even have to do anything. Just approach them from behind and press Square (on PS4) to get ammo.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017

"No" and "more or less depending on the map".

Recon is still the only class that can spot.

And attrrition is still in place but it became easier to find ammo in the maps. Support crates are now usefull as they allow you to pick up directly on the support back. There's also markers on the mini map to find crates and supply points more easily. And in the end, you'll still have a harder time finding ammo in big maps like Al Sundan than on clusterfucks like Metro where it's virtually impossible to run out of ammo.

Oct 27, 2017
"No" and "more or less depending on the map".

Recon is still the only class that can spot.

And attrrition is still in place but it became easier to find ammo in the maps. Support crates are now usefull as they allow you to pick up directly on the support back. There's also markers on the mini map to find crates and supply points more easily. And in the end, you'll still have a harder time finding ammo in big maps like Al Sundan than on clusterfucks like Metro where it's virtually impossible to run out of ammo.

I am spotting players with my machine gun firepower.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt into the smoke, and then the entire team can see their fear visualized.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Have they added any pistols to the game since launch?

Also, how does the PIAT work? Can't seem to aim it properly.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet baby jesus.

Also I do love how ramming an enemy tank with your plane will do damage that actually gives you points. I got mortally wounded once and rammed a damaged tank and killed it.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Unleash the noobs!

That type of teammates who will pick the plane and crash it, or those expert snipers admiring the countryside.

It is ok, being bad at the game is the first step.
ah ok!! :-)

I thought it was a term of affection for your friends or something! :-)

Random confessions:-
1. I have got in a plane and I crashed it

2. I have got in someone else's plane - bailed out over an enemy control point to sow surprise and mass casualties...only to discover I don't know the parachute button

3. I have looked down a sniper scope for a very long time (whenever Jackfrags scopes in, there is always magically a players head at the far end....I always just get the glint of the sniper who's about to kill me)

4. I have lain prone next to a point the enemy have freshly captured....I think I got 8 kills in a row as they ran out one by one past my "dead" body

5. I have spent a few games just continually lobbing flares...getting top scorer with 0 kills

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Im reluctantly excited. I want this to be good, but this game has disappointed me so much that my expectations are dirt low.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
3 and half minute trailer sounds very promising. Hope they will also be able to talk about 2020's roadmap very soon, right elenarie
giphy.gif

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
After the Pacific, Propaganda remake with an Eastern Front skin please. Kthnxbai

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yo BFV is a decent game now, I wish it launched in the same state that it is now.

We still need to get anti-cheat, fix matchmaking, rework assignments etc., but at the very least, I will try to get some shitters to try BFV during the EA sub promotion. I am confident that the experience is not going to actively scare people away like it was during the winter.

id have to disagree with you, if youre talking about the pc version at least.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Rush has enough supported maps now to be permanent. More maps would be nice as well, but make the playlist permanent. It's my second favorite mode behind Conquest.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Dropped the game a month or two after release and just now jumping back in to it. Definitely feels better than when I dropped it and I guess it's good timing considering the Pacific content. Really hoping for some sort of jungle/forest map (loved loved Operation Outbreak).

Still doesn't feel as amazing as BF4 did (put 700+ hours in to that game I think) but I'm past the point of wishing this is something else and I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is until the next game launches.

Oct 27, 2017
id have to disagree with you, if youre talking about the pc version at least.

Unsure if you want to debate, but from the top of my head:
• TTK/TTD issues
• Visibility
• Bipod
• Vaulting
• Double faust damage from the front
• Bombers hitting spawn point as soon as the game starts
• Tanks crushing players before the game even starts
• Respawn screen flickering
• Tank mgs either not working, or not lining up with the crosshair
• Tank pintle gunners sometimes invulnerable/invisible
• Fighter planes not hitting shots
• Clone army because of poor/small list of cosmetics
• None of the assignments/ToW visible from the in-game
• Anti-tank mines dealing 5 damage

And then there are balance passes, where the planes or SMGs had multiple changes in terms of control/damage. On top of that, content issues where nothing happened for 6 months after launch.

If only we could have skipped all of this shit and gone straight for this version of the game...

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Unsure if you want to debate, but from the top of my head:
• TTK/TTD issues
• Visibility
• Bipod
• Vaulting
• Double faust damage from the front
• Bombers hitting spawn point as soon as the game starts
• Tanks crushing players before the game even starts
• Respawn screen flickering
• Tank mgs either not working, or not lining up with the crosshair
• Tank pintle gunners sometimes invulnerable/invisible
• Fighter planes not hitting shots
• Clone army because of poor/small list of cosmetics
• None of the assignments/ToW visible from the in-game
• Anti-tank mines dealing 5 damage

And then there are balance passes, where the planes or SMGs had multiple changes in terms of control/damage. On top of that, content issues where nothing happened for 6 months after launch.

If only we could have skipped all of this shit and gone straight for this version of the game...

i was disagreeing with you saying the game is in a decent state and wont turn off new players. There are still lots of critical problems.

-sound is random
-animation system broken
-netcode is poor
-no team balance
-overflowing with cheaters
-lots of movement issues
-sever browser consistently shows incorrect information WRT to map and player count
-performance is absolutely abysmal to the point where a smooth experience is impossible on any PC you can build

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I have 250 hours in BFV. Am i the only one who never bought anything with Boins yet?

I don't know how many Boins you got from some chapters/weeks, but I have 0 with no desire to purchase anything. 206 hours. I haven't even customized any weapon or tank, just dabbled a little with character to look less stupid than the stock loadouts.

I am not opposed to the idea of buying cool skins, but everything is just meh... Even the hero skins are boring. I think the hair (or lack of hair) implementation with poor AO between helm and head make all of the cosmetics look like they are toy hats on shaved barbies.

i was disagreeing with you saying the game is in a decent state and wont turn off new players. There are still lots of critical problems.

-sound is random
-animation system broken
-netcode is poor
-no team balance
-overflowing with cheaters
-lots of movement issues
-sever browser consistently shows incorrect information WRT to map and player count
-performance is absolutely abysmal to the point where a smooth experience is impossible on any PC you can build

You say lots of movement issues, but compared to how it launched vs now is enough of the improvement. Same for netcode, audio or animations: they are much better than it was. I don't agree that sound is a problem at this point: I can distinguish enemy fire, footsteps, all call-ins, all announcements.

I was dropping frames with older i5, but ever since I got Ryzen 3600 it is smooth. Not perfectly CSGO smooth where the game is perfect no matter what happens, but smooth enough so there is never any issue when aiming or moving. Playing 75hz, could be much worse if you have 144hz.

And while there are issues, it is good enough for now. COD or indie Battlefield copies are not better. The final iteration of BF1 was probably still better, but BFV isn't too far off.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
I dont mind the cosmetics, I've bought a couple of the elites (Ernst and ilse) and maybe 3 to 4 epic sets. Currently sitting at 25 days (600 hrs), will probably get the Halloween costume. When I got off last night I received a notification for the face paint, didn't know they also added more cosmetics. I wish dice would release them more frequently, too bad the in game currency is useless

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I have 250 hours in BFV. Am i the only one who never bought anything with Boins yet?
I have 139 hours and have yet to purchase anything. I'm not entirely against buying cosmetics to support a game with free post launch support but there's been nothing that interests me yet.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I have 139 hours and have yet to purchase anything. I'm not entirely against buying cosmetics to support a game with free post launch support but there's been nothing that interests me yet.
Yeah same for me. I am still rocking legendary gear you earn. As they look cool but also authentic.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope we are not going to see 4 Factions with exclusive customization options. I already cannot be bothered to customize 8 characters, so if we have 16 to upkeep... oof

Plus I would really like to see diversity (in terms of outfits since we already have races) in every single round. Imagine bundling 8 heroes we have now, and 8 heroes from the future support. Less of the clone army and more of the fashion!

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
I'm almost to 250 hours I believe and I have not bought a dang thing with Boins. I am still not pleased about the preorder bonuses, so I am kind of digging my feet in the sand on making any purchases with real cash.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Some people on PC have a skill level I'll never be able to achieve. They're obviously not hacking but holy fucking shit the reaction time and gun control over large stretches of play is just unreal. Plop plop plop *dead*. Plop plop plop *dead*. Plop plop plop *dead*. Plop plop plop *dead*. Over and over. Surreal.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
So during our playtest yesterday, Drunkkze went 56-2. Some people are a bit unreal, haha.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I don't know how many Boins you got from some chapters/weeks, but I have 0 with no desire to purchase anything. 206 hours. I haven't even customized any weapon or tank, just dabbled a little with character to look less stupid than the stock loadouts.

I am not opposed to the idea of buying cool skins, but everything is just meh... Even the hero skins are boring. I think the hair (or lack of hair) implementation with poor AO between helm and head make all of the cosmetics look like they are toy hats on shaved barbies.

You say lots of movement issues, but compared to how it launched vs now is enough of the improvement. Same for netcode, audio or animations: they are much better than it was. I don't agree that sound is a problem at this point: I can distinguish enemy fire, footsteps, all call-ins, all announcements.

I was dropping frames with older i5, but ever since I got Ryzen 3600 it is smooth. Not perfectly CSGO smooth where the game is perfect no matter what happens, but smooth enough so there is never any issue when aiming or moving. Playing 75hz, could be much worse if you have 144hz.

And while there are issues, it is good enough for now. COD or indie Battlefield copies are not better. The final iteration of BF1 was probably still better, but BFV isn't too far off.

most of the things ive listed havent been changed or improved at all since launch and are constant points of criticism from most of the youtubers who cover this game. being slightly less buggy than some random, early access jank on steam is hardly an accomplishment

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Some people on PC have a skill level I'll never be able to achieve. They're obviously not hacking but holy fucking shit the reaction time and gun control over large stretches of play is just unreal. Plop plop plop *dead*. Plop plop plop *dead*. Plop plop plop *dead*. Plop plop plop *dead*. Over and over. Surreal.

You might not be able to achieve it but you might get closer.

For a very long time, i was extremely average in multiplayer fps. But then, not long after i started playing BF, i upgraded my rig to a 144hz G-Sync screen and a 1080ti. Playing at 100+ fps skyrocketted my stats to an always positive K/D (wich i almost never was able to reach, especially in BF) and almost always top 5 of my team (if not top 1 in Squad Conquest). I was flabbergasted at the change. You see movements better and the aiming is smoother. It helps a ton.

Really, a good screen with 60+ fps does wonder to improve your perfs in a fps. Because of this, i was accused of cheating for the very first time in a fps. At 34 and after 20 years of gaming, i must say it was quite emotionnal. :p

But if you keep struggling with such config... Then i don't know. :p

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
You might not be able to achieve it but you might get closer.

For a very long time, i was extremely average in multiplayer fps. But then, not long after i started playing BF, i upgraded my rig to a 144hz G-Sync screen and a 1080ti. Playing at 100+ fps skyrocketted my stats to an always positive K/D (wich i almost never was able to reach, especially in BF) and almost always top 5 of my team (if not top 1 in Squad Conquest). I was flabbergasted at the change. You see movements better and the aiming is smoother. It helps a ton.

Really, a good screen with 60+ fps does wonder to improve your perfs in a fps. Because of this, i was accused of cheating for the very first time in a fps. At 34 and after 20 years of gaming, i must say it was quite emotionnal. :p

But if you keep struggling with such config... Then i don't know. :p

Oh I'm not struggling. I'm 144Hz, GSYNC on my end too. Specifically tailored my mouse DPI and aiming sensitives too. If there's any genre of game on any platform I consider myself better than most of IRL friends, it's shooters for sure. I'm less criticising my own skill, more observing that extra level some other players seem to be at. Those players out there with average KDRs of like.....15/1 or more. Across all games.

So during our playtest yesterday, Drunkkze went 56-2. Some people are a bit unreal, haha.

Crazy!

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a tad annoyed the trailer isn't out already and generally a bit annoyed about the teasing. The damn trailer is done already, just drop it like it's hot.